wutang.jpg
Capra (resized).jpg
trilogy-of-terror-zuni-doll (resized).jpg
516148721_1280x720 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_0596 (resized).JPG
westworld (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

There's a LOT of great games out there, but perhaps the best is yet to come...
Please comment with your ideas. Hopefully a manufacturer or two will notice.
A couple of my ideas for themes:
Matrix- This movie is almost purpose built to be a pinball machine theme. You have all sorts of possible toys (guns, helicopters, villains, etc.). There's a steady story line to tie in with machine code. There's three movies, so a successful pinball machine could easily lead to sequels. OH AND, Trinity. Trinity in her signature catsuit on the translite would be lovingly wholesome.
Dr Seuss- Cross artwork from CV and GB while in Colorado partaking in legalized anything. Have Jersey Jack apply the WOZ treatment, and winner winner green eggs and ham dinner.
Hope to hear from you all!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yeah, that is - if anything - a beauty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating
» YouTube video

^Love this.

Wow! ...just wow...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I think the game risk would make a fun pin. Conquering the world and having battles with other countries sounds fun. Multiple ways to play the game too and you get to chose your starting country.

As a kid I played Risk for hours. It could be kind of like a Monopoly - only better.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Not much has changed from my list over the last few years:
King Arthur
So much open source material: Excalibur, Lady of the Lake, Merlin, Knights of the Round Table, Dragons, Holy Grail, Castles, etc.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Very similar to the above, but more of a gag.
Zombieland
Campy zombies with Kill of the Week, Woodie Harrelson, Bill Murray, Emma Stone, etc.
Western or Dark Tower
I'm not a crazy fan of Steven King, but I like the imagery from these books. Basically a sci-fi western. I also really like the idea of playing a bandit and using your score to represent your bounty. Basically you are playing as the villain.
Scooby Doo
I think it has appeal with adults and kids. Something with fun interactive monster toys like Monster Bash.
Star Wars
Would love to see something epic, a la Lord of the Rings.
The Matrix
Man vs Machine, plus I really want to have an out of control Sentinel attack multiball.
Steam Punk / Alternative History
I think something with Nikola Tesla could be pretty damn cool.
Fables / Brothers Grimm
A mashup of the open source fairy tails.
Pandemic
Battle to save the world from disease outbreaks.
King of Tokyo
This would be my choice for your "giant beats" theme. It's a bit more colorful then what I think of with Godzilla or King Kong.

Now THAT's a LIST. I especially like the Zombieland and Monty Python ideas!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Edit: And while I agree with CrazyLevi, movies are overdone and I would LOVE to see more original themes, I still have to be honest. Coming up is ... a movie theme!
Every time this thread comes up I'm gonna parrot my favorite response.
Harry Potter
Potential features include:
Moving ramps resembling the magic staircases from the movie.
Vanishing/levitating ball (already been done before but it's magic and I don't think the trick is played out).
Pick a wizard house on plunge. Each of the 4 houses has unique mode bonuses or multipliers for the ball (similar to GoT I guess).
Complete a house and complete a shot back to the shooter lane to choose a new house. Each house requires X number of modes to complete, perhaps leading to a mini-wizard mode.
Tons of options for modes they could choose from. Could base them on classes or events in the book. If based on classes potions requires collecting items and shooting a scoop, flying class requires alternating ramps leading to a final shot, maybe even a jump shot through a hoop. Defense against the dark arts requires bashing standup targets (but on the sides, not like the trolls from MM or the monsters in TH). Otherwise you could use major events like fighting the troll, escaping to hogsmeade, flying the flying car, meeting Aragog, escaping a dementor. The books have almost limitless events to draw from.
Could have 4 mini-wizard modes each with 3 phases - recover the sorcerer's stone, kill the basilisk, win the triwizard tournament, destroy the horcruxes.
Final Wizard Mode - Fight Voldemort
These are just a few things I've brainstormed that they could fill a game up with. I'd really love to see JJP take this on as a widebody. I know it's against the grain to admit this on pinside, especially considering the current leak, but this is a game I'd pre-order a CE of from JJP, sight unseen. There's no other game I'd take on such a risk for but this is a theme I want badly.

This truly would be a perfect pin for JJP... It's almost a cross between a WOZ and a Hobbit, only better.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

You forgot the Price Police and Thread Derail multi-ball.
I would love to see a Fifth Element Pinball. Good call outs, ZF-1 mode, Collect the 4 stones, Save the world wizard mode. Diva Multi-ball Battle...
Looks like this idea was already discussed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fifth-element-pinball-machine

Ohhhhhhhh.... Fifth Element. Yes please!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pulp Fiction. Godfather. Zombieland.
But to condense things. Maybe combine them in one winning title. Pulp Father Land.
LTG : )

Hilarious! Pulp Father Land it is. Where do I preorder?

#47 7 years ago

Human centipede? Too much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-new-pinball-machine-ideas?tu=bobt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.