wutang.jpg
Capra (resized).jpg
trilogy-of-terror-zuni-doll (resized).jpg
516148721_1280x720 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_0596 (resized).JPG
westworld (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

There's a LOT of great games out there, but perhaps the best is yet to come...
Please comment with your ideas. Hopefully a manufacturer or two will notice.
A couple of my ideas for themes:
Matrix- This movie is almost purpose built to be a pinball machine theme. You have all sorts of possible toys (guns, helicopters, villains, etc.). There's a steady story line to tie in with machine code. There's three movies, so a successful pinball machine could easily lead to sequels. OH AND, Trinity. Trinity in her signature catsuit on the translite would be lovingly wholesome.
Dr Seuss- Cross artwork from CV and GB while in Colorado partaking in legalized anything. Have Jersey Jack apply the WOZ treatment, and winner winner green eggs and ham dinner.
Hope to hear from you all!

#2 7 years ago

I think the game risk would make a fun pin. Conquering the world and having battles with other countries sounds fun. Multiple ways to play the game too and you get to chose your starting country.

#3 7 years ago

I think someone made a one off matrix I want to say from a johnny neumonic?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yeah, that is - if anything - a beauty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I think the game risk would make a fun pin. Conquering the world and having battles with other countries sounds fun. Multiple ways to play the game too and you get to chose your starting country.

^Love this.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yeah, that is - if anything - a beauty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating
» YouTube video

^Love this.

Wow! ...just wow...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

As a kid I played Risk for hours. It could be kind of like a Monopoly - only better.

#7 7 years ago

Not much has changed from my list over the last few years:

Western
I really like the idea of playing a bandit and using your score to represent your bounty. Basically you are playing as the villain trying to increase the price on your head. Use the camera like they have on Dialed In to take your mugshot and put it onto a wanted poster for the high scores.

King Arthur
So much open source material: Excalibur, Lady of the Lake, Merlin, Knights of the Round Table, Dragons, Holy Grail, Castles, etc.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Very similar to the above, but more of a gag.

Steam Punk / Alternative History
I think something with Nikola Tesla could be pretty damn cool.

Zombieland
Campy zombies with Kill of the Week, Woodie Harrelson, Bill Murray, Emma Stone, etc.

Scooby Doo
I think it has appeal with adults and kids. Something with fun interactive monster toys like Monster Bash.

Star Wars
Would love to see something epic, a la Lord of the Rings.

The Matrix
Man vs Machine, plus I really want to have an out of control Sentinel attack multiball.

Fables / Brothers Grimm
A mashup of the open source fairy tails.

Pandemic
Battle to save the world from disease outbreaks.

King of Tokyo
This would be my choice for your "giant beats" theme. It's a bit more colorful then what I think of with Godzilla or King Kong.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

As a kid I played Risk for hours. It could be kind of like a Monopoly - only better.

Hopefully better. That game would need some killer code and would have alot of potential. Building an army and defending your land sounds awesome.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Not much has changed from my list over the last few years:
King Arthur
So much open source material: Excalibur, Lady of the Lake, Merlin, Knights of the Round Table, Dragons, Holy Grail, Castles, etc.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Very similar to the above, but more of a gag.
Zombieland
Campy zombies with Kill of the Week, Woodie Harrelson, Bill Murray, Emma Stone, etc.
Western or Dark Tower
I'm not a crazy fan of Steven King, but I like the imagery from these books. Basically a sci-fi western. I also really like the idea of playing a bandit and using your score to represent your bounty. Basically you are playing as the villain.
Scooby Doo
I think it has appeal with adults and kids. Something with fun interactive monster toys like Monster Bash.
Star Wars
Would love to see something epic, a la Lord of the Rings.
The Matrix
Man vs Machine, plus I really want to have an out of control Sentinel attack multiball.
Steam Punk / Alternative History
I think something with Nikola Tesla could be pretty damn cool.
Fables / Brothers Grimm
A mashup of the open source fairy tails.
Pandemic
Battle to save the world from disease outbreaks.
King of Tokyo
This would be my choice for your "giant beats" theme. It's a bit more colorful then what I think of with Godzilla or King Kong.

Now THAT's a LIST. I especially like the Zombieland and Monty Python ideas!

#10 7 years ago

I'm really hoping for some pins based on either movies, rock bands, or superheroes.

Think of the possibilities!!

#11 7 years ago

Edit: And while I agree with CrazyLevi, movies are overdone and I would LOVE to see more original themes, I still have to be honest. Coming up is ... a movie theme!

Every time this thread comes up I'm gonna parrot my favorite response.

Harry Potter

Potential features include:
Moving ramps resembling the magic staircases from the movie.
Vanishing/levitating ball (already been done before but it's magic and I don't think the trick is played out).
Pick a wizard house on plunge. Each of the 4 houses has unique mode bonuses or multipliers for the ball (similar to GoT I guess).
Complete a house and complete a shot back to the shooter lane to choose a new house. Each house requires X number of modes to complete, perhaps leading to a mini-wizard mode.

Tons of options for modes they could choose from. Could base them on classes or events in the book. If based on classes potions requires collecting items and shooting a scoop, flying class requires alternating ramps leading to a final shot, maybe even a jump shot through a hoop. Defense against the dark arts requires bashing standup targets (but on the sides, not like the trolls from MM or the monsters in TH). Otherwise you could use major events like fighting the troll, escaping to hogsmeade, flying the flying car, meeting Aragog, escaping a dementor. The books have almost limitless events to draw from.

Could have 4 mini-wizard modes each with 3 phases - recover the sorcerer's stone, kill the basilisk, win the triwizard tournament, destroy the horcruxes.
Final Wizard Mode - Fight Voldemort

These are just a few things I've brainstormed that they could fill a game up with. I'd really love to see JJP take this on as a widebody. I know it's against the grain to admit this on pinside, especially considering the current leak, but this is a game I'd pre-order a CE of from JJP, sight unseen. There's no other game I'd take on such a risk for but this is a theme I want badly.

#12 7 years ago

I want tintin

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Edit: And while I agree with CrazyLevi, movies are overdone and I would LOVE to see more original themes, I still have to be honest. Coming up is ... a movie theme!
Every time this thread comes up I'm gonna parrot my favorite response.
Harry Potter
Potential features include:
Moving ramps resembling the magic staircases from the movie.
Vanishing/levitating ball (already been done before but it's magic and I don't think the trick is played out).
Pick a wizard house on plunge. Each of the 4 houses has unique mode bonuses or multipliers for the ball (similar to GoT I guess).
Complete a house and complete a shot back to the shooter lane to choose a new house. Each house requires X number of modes to complete, perhaps leading to a mini-wizard mode.
Tons of options for modes they could choose from. Could base them on classes or events in the book. If based on classes potions requires collecting items and shooting a scoop, flying class requires alternating ramps leading to a final shot, maybe even a jump shot through a hoop. Defense against the dark arts requires bashing standup targets (but on the sides, not like the trolls from MM or the monsters in TH). Otherwise you could use major events like fighting the troll, escaping to hogsmeade, flying the flying car, meeting Aragog, escaping a dementor. The books have almost limitless events to draw from.
Could have 4 mini-wizard modes each with 3 phases - recover the sorcerer's stone, kill the basilisk, win the triwizard tournament, destroy the horcruxes.
Final Wizard Mode - Fight Voldemort
These are just a few things I've brainstormed that they could fill a game up with. I'd really love to see JJP take this on as a widebody. I know it's against the grain to admit this on pinside, especially considering the current leak, but this is a game I'd pre-order a CE of from JJP, sight unseen. There's no other game I'd take on such a risk for but this is a theme I want badly.

This truly would be a perfect pin for JJP... It's almost a cross between a WOZ and a Hobbit, only better.

#14 7 years ago

My broken record is I want whatever theme it fits best, a "Khet" based objective.
Say 4 Stepper motors, 4 to 6 positions, that have a mirror on them.
One needs to get 4 mirrors aligned, and the laser lit, for it to successfully bounce its way across the playfield.

Of course, the wrong hit, and the mirror moves out of position.
Features like Lock Mirror, or Align one mirror as a reward.

IMO, it would add strategy, and a neat "toy" not done before. Very affordable.

Would look cool lighting through Green Laser in a Matrix Game.

#15 7 years ago

OP, Matrix would be an awesome idea but it would have to be a stand alone machine as there was only one movie made. There was a lot of hype for a sequel but it was never made, sorry.

#16 7 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy after the second movie is released. It would be hard for this one to miss, featuring Baby Groot and Rocket Racoon, plus that soundtrack.

I agree with lpeters82's post, Scooby would also be a big hit, especially if based on the original mysteries. Put Black Knight, Capt Cutler, Miner 49er, and another couple on the playfield like Monster Bash, but with some trickery like a moving bookcase and ramp into a subway. They could even use that spinning carousel like on BM66 to squeeze in more episode sets. Lots of potential.

I'd jump on either of these pins.

#17 7 years ago

I'd like a "generic" newly build factory machine, with programmable software that allowed community mods/theming. Manufacture could even produce a few different playfield layouts, maybe one every other year, and then let the community build games based on the layout. I don't think there's enough non-licensed theme games, and I think this could be a cool way to do it. Operators could load new games, and players could select the one they want to play. Give it wifi access, it could be managed remotely. With the multicolor GI/LED's they're doing now, and an LCD backbox, and maybe an LCD in the playfield, you could really re-theme the game a lot of different ways, new graphics, modes, colors, callouts/sounds, etc. I think it would be a pin people would buy and hold on to.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I would sell my JM in a NY minute for one of those!

#19 7 years ago

I would love to see a game with a lower playfield (a la BlackHole). ACDC is fine for what it is... But multilevel play could be explored more.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I would love to see a game with a lower playfield (a la BlackHole). ACDC is fine for what it is... But multilevel play could be explored more.

It would be fun to have a lower playfield that flowed more seamlessly to the upper playfield. Perhaps a ramp in the lower playfield that fed directly back to the upper playfield. I'm sure it's difficult because those flippers have to be weaker to accommodate the close shots.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It would be fun to have a lower playfield that flowed more seamlessly to the upper playfield. Perhaps a ramp in the lower playfield that fed directly back to the upper playfield. All to often it feels like lower playfields are a completely separate mini-game.

That's definitely true of Congo...ACDC.... but Black Hole nailed it. Complete objectives on the top... then send the ball below to complete more objectives... ball travels back to the top.

#22 7 years ago

I would like to see an Iron Maiden pin obviously featuring Eddie.

#23 7 years ago

Make Pinside the theme

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Make Pinside the theme

Heh, and all the major modes are right there on the t-shirt:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#25 7 years ago

It's missing boycott it

#26 7 years ago

The Godfather - based on all the movies, objective is to expand the business and take out enemies

Kill Bill - a 'kill list' as seen in the movie, certain characters need to be defeated, there's a mode for each and if the objective isn't reached in each one, that 'enemy' remains alive; Wizard Mode = defeat Bill himself

Fight Club - think of the sound bites and music..! Wizard Mode = Project Mayhem

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heh, and all the major modes are right there on the t-shirt:

You forgot the Price Police and Thread Derail multi-ball.

I would love to see a Fifth Element Pinball. Good call outs, ZF-1 mode, Collect the 4 stones, Save the world wizard mode. Diva Multi-ball Battle...

Looks like this idea was already discussed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fifth-element-pinball-machine

#28 7 years ago

Make a full featured machine and charge me $5500 NIB. Best idea for now.

#29 7 years ago

Alice cooper welcome to my nightmare.
. Always wondered why it was never thought of and made ..

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'd like a "generic" newly build factory machine, with programmable software that allowed community mods/theming. Manufacture could even produce a few different playfield layouts, maybe one every other year, and then let the community build games based on the layout. I don't think there's enough non-licensed theme games, and I think this could be a cool way to do it. Operators could load new games, and players could select the one they want to play. Give it wifi access, it could be managed remotely. With the multicolor GI/LED's they're doing now, and an LCD backbox, and maybe an LCD in the playfield, you could really re-theme the game a lot of different ways, new graphics, modes, colors, callouts/sounds, etc. I think it would be a pin people would buy and hold on to.

Actually pretty close to this right now with the multimorphic platform, the p-rock, and heighway pinball. It will happen.

#31 7 years ago

Die Hard

Either just based on the first movie or all of them. This is begging for a table.

#32 7 years ago

I'd like to see Space Cadet (you know, that pinball game that was on older Windows OS's along with Solitare and Minesweep) made into a real table.

Basically it's a single level game, but with a minor upper PF. 7 pops, 9 drops, 2 kickbacks, 2 spinners, 2 saucers, and I think 2 scoops (with a subway?). Straight forward layout, modes, features, and perhaps done on the cheap.

Wondered how this hasn't been a homebrew yet...

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

You forgot the Price Police and Thread Derail multi-ball.
I would love to see a Fifth Element Pinball. Good call outs, ZF-1 mode, Collect the 4 stones, Save the world wizard mode. Diva Multi-ball Battle...
Looks like this idea was already discussed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fifth-element-pinball-machine

Ohhhhhhhh.... Fifth Element. Yes please!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm really hoping for some pins based on either movies, rock bands, or superheroes.
Think of the possibilities!!

Agree these themes have been BEAT TO DEATH! Need more original ideas like FunHouse, White Water, Red & Ted's Road Show, Medieval Madness...

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Agree these themes have been BEAT TO DEATH! Need more original ideas like FunHouse, White Water, Red & Ted's Road Show, Medieval Madness...

...Dialed In.

#36 7 years ago

Dune...the spice must flow

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Talk about beaten to death - how many times do we have to go over the fact that major manufacturers can't afford to do non licensed games anymore? Licenses move games. The business isn't good enough any more that they can just make stuff up and hope it will sell.

#38 7 years ago

I was going to mention that one but there seems to be alot of mixed reaction to it. At least it's an original idea and different from what's been produced for the last 10 years.

#39 7 years ago

Way back around 2003 I listed my dream themes as ACDC, WPT and The Three Stooges. Looks like I only have one left to go.

A Jimi Hendrix pin with Zombie Yeti art from Stern would be another dream theme.

#40 7 years ago

Westworld Pin

westworld (resized).jpgwestworld (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Guardians of the Galaxy after the second movie is released. It would be hard for this one to miss, featuring Baby Groot and Rocket Racoon, plus that soundtrack.

Pretty sure Stern is already planning for that one. Their Disney contacts probably already have a deal on paper.

#42 7 years ago

Another idea, and maybe Ive missed this in a game, is random hole shoot outs.

3 VUKs, Right left and center.

Shots that enter the subway system from Holes, and play elsewhere on the playfield, including the
scoop itself, randomly eject from the same or another scoop!

It would keep you on your toes, and allow settings for either control or randomness!

There are so many great themes out there, Id love to here of some of the deep dark toy or game play
features we would like.
Someone must have said at a meeting, Lets have our game be bluetooth integrated, right?

I truly wish Stern or another, would create a contest, and seriously let ideas and posts fly, in exchange
for license of use, perhaps a Free Game or more...

I gotta believe as a community, we could come up with a game play that just kicks all ass!

#43 7 years ago

Trains.

#44 7 years ago

Ooooh, that would be off the rails cool!

#45 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction. Godfather. Zombieland.

But to condense things. Maybe combine them in one winning title. Pulp Father Land.

LTG : )

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pulp Fiction. Godfather. Zombieland.
But to condense things. Maybe combine them in one winning title. Pulp Father Land.

Hilarious! Pulp Father Land it is. Where do I preorder?

#47 7 years ago

Human centipede? Too much?

#48 7 years ago

A Clockwork Orange would be awesome. The old in-out multiball.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

A Clockwork Orange would be awesome. The old in-out multiball.

Solid white playfield for the milk bar.

#50 7 years ago

Not sure it would sell but rocky horror picture show works perfect for pinball.

Also Rocky, ironically enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-new-pinball-machine-ideas/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.