Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

I've owned or own all the JJP games.....Here is my list

POTC - unfortunately hard to come by, but by far JJP's best game to date. If u can find one its almost worth the premium
    Hobbit - Incredible theme integration - if your kids love the movies this game will be a big hit. Reasonably priced (at least in the states)
    Wonka - Nice shooter....theme integration is so so, nice family game
    Dialed In - Great shooter, but the theme blows so we ended up selling the game
    WOZ - Beautiful looking game, I know many love the game, I've owned two (RR, ECLE) and really tried to love the game, but in the end I couldn't get into it so we sold them off.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Thanks for all great answer.
    If I cant get hold of a pirates, im leaning towards wonka or woz.
    Hobbit seems really special also, just a bit worried having it as a first starter pin.
    Dialed in is obviously packed but seems to me a bit like a wonka but with lesser theme?
    So choosing between woz and wonka....
    World under glass with great alligiance to a timeless classic
    Vs
    Great layout with an also great theme, but not as packed and maybe not as true to the theme.

Just my two cents, but WOZ is challenging for kids to play (mine are 10 and 12)...theres just way too much going on .... I've owned two because I really wanted to love the game, but we ended up selling them both off....Hobbit is a far better choice (they love the game and they really relate to the movies)....the other games my kids love are Met, IJ, MMRLE, AFMRLE....they like POTC, but the game is way too complicated for them to understand

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Same age as mine then. Thanks for the imput, it´s really hard to decide. I´ve promised them a decision before easter. I really like the looks of hobbit, but some say it´s not to fun playing it?
    Btw. it was viewing a clip of hobbit on youtube, that made me decide to pick up pinball again.
    I Simply love AFM, and if there were any AFMRLE around that would be my first choice.
    Just cant bring myself to buy a special edition, since that would make me feel like i made a really bad purchase concidering the difference in regards to the LE.

The great thing about AFMRLE and MMRLE is they are very approachable for most people. You can explain the rule sets in like 5 minutes therefore its easy for kids to understand, and kids, adults all love blowing up saucers and castles. I have the LE's (and the topper is awesome), but even the SE is an incredible game. Thats not an issue for the MMR as they don't sell a topper unless your gonna buy the Royal or purchase the topper for an additional $600. The challenge with most modern games is little kids have almost zero chance of understanding the deep rule sets. The Hobbit has by far the greatest theme integration (for JJP pins) and sound package, and the new code they released really makes the game great. If you have one close maybe u can go play? The other game I would suggest is Williams IJ...kids love the theme, and using the gun trigger

Trying to make everyone happy is always a BIG challenge (at least in my house)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-new-buy-jjp-title-for-home-family?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.