Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Julius
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mad as a katter (resized).jpg
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 6 years ago

Or is it this one ??? You decide ...

#3 6 years ago

Ah ha “ take me on”

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ah ha “ take me on”

That video does have a pretty high cheddar count but no way its in the same ballpark as this one !

#5 6 years ago

Zlad, the Anti-Pope!

#7 6 years ago

Thriller is deff up there.

Take On Me and Fishheads deff rank too.

#8 6 years ago

Fish Heads is a classic...RIP Bill Paxton.

#9 6 years ago

Silverball is a cool song. The lead singer Ed from The Bare Naked Ladies is a true pinhead. I run into him every once in a while at the local pinball parts supplier and a friend of mine is his pinball tech. Ed has a very nice collection . Im pretty sure he frequents pinside a fair bit under an assumed name.

#10 6 years ago

So I'm guessing TheLaw isn't a BNL fan.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I'm guessing TheLaw isn't a BNL fan.

Well I'm sure they make fine music and they are pinball lovers so great for them, nothing but the best wishes.
    But that aint no frikkin best video evar nominee.

#12 6 years ago

I don't know about the greatest video of all time but the uncensored version of "Gimme Good Lovin" by Helix sure made an impression on my 10 year old mind at the time.

The video is complete with someone that would go on to become quite (in)famous shortly after the video was shot.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But that aint no frikkin best video evar nominee.

Quoted from RJW:

I don't know about the greatest video of all time

You guys do know that i really dont think that first video i posted is not a video that i actually think is good right ?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You guys do know that i really dont think that first video i posted is not a video that i actually think is good right ?

You're Canadian man...i don;t know what the hell you people think

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You're Canadian man...i don;t know what the hell you people think

Just give us beer, hot women, and maple syrup and were all good buddy !!!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

hot women, and maple syrup

Expensive lube, but sounds like fun

#17 6 years ago

I remember hearing fish heads on Dr. Demento radio show when i was a kid. I think it was on CFNY 102.1.

#18 6 years ago

Not a BNL fan, but see Ed at every Expo and he seems like good peoples. That video is pretty cool I will admit.

#19 6 years ago

Played fish heads as a Surprise song for my daughters wedding last week......It was our father daughter dance!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Thriller is deff up there.
    Take On Me and Fishheads deff rank too.

Thriller was huge back in the day. 15 minutes long, it was more of a short film than a video. I remember MTV would run a countdown on the screen to when Thriller would be played again. Is it the best ever? It could be. It set the bar pretty high.

#21 6 years ago

Sledgehammer-peter gabriel
    Whip it-devo
    Freedom 90-george michaels (all those super models and him not in the video)hubba-hubba

#22 6 years ago

100 points to Floyd, basically anything Pink Floyd was doing back in the day was trailblazing, so I think it pretty much all contends as greatest music video. Right up and through rock operas like Tommy (double points for being about a pinball guy, triple points for then spawning a pinball machine )

20 Points to Pearl Jam for mixing animation and angsty music, maybe for the first time.

50 points to Daft Punk for doing a whole concept album (Discovery) and setting videos for it in Macross. Every time I hear anything off this whole record I want to buy my first and only pachinko - they made a Macross one. Well, a bunch of them, but one that looks really fun.

50 more points to Daft Punk for making Da Funk 15 years before that. This was definitely something new and weird at the time.

60 points to Fatboy Slim for recruiting Walken to dance / fly around for Weapon of Choice.

15 points to Primus for doing their crazy shit back in the day.

40 points to OK Go for any one of their series of Rube Goldberg videos.

Minus 200 points to Herbie Hancock for making this thing that still gives me the same creeps at 44 as it gave me at 4. But also plus 250 because it was brilliant at the time.

50 points to Dire Straits for being cool as f*&k and probably being the first to do a computer animated video. Minus 10,000 points to the internet for apparently censoring the original video out of existence.

75 points to Madonna for somehow causing a global outrage because black Jesus or something like that.

5 points to Duran Duran for Girls on Film that kept causing outrage and censorship around the world for... well... girls that are dressed more conservatively than you'd see in one of the more boring gum commercials these days.

A dozen points to Bloodhound Gang, not for contention as "best video ever", but their videos were all definitely entertaining.

My brain hurts from remembering too hard now.

#23 6 years ago

Warrant - Cherry Pie 1990

#24 6 years ago

GENESIS - Land of Confusion (1986)

#25 6 years ago

November Rain by GNR was always my favorite.

#26 6 years ago

The unremastered rawness of this video is awesome

#28 6 years ago

Late to the game as usual... Sabotage needs to be on this list.

#29 6 years ago

That one's so awesome. I'm partial to Jane's

#30 6 years ago

#31 6 years ago

Based on my juvenile tastes in music...

#32 6 years ago

I love this one...

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Or is it this one ??? You decide ...
    » YouTube video

If ya gonna link Fish Head...link the right video:

As far as pinball related music videos I'm going to go with Canadian rockers Diemonds (shot in the pinball hall of fame):

Overall...that's a tough call. I might vote Sabotage also......or Super Rad!:

#34 6 years ago

Dude ya can't touch this...lol

#35 6 years ago

My #1 video...

#36 6 years ago

Like one of the early posters said. Take on me. Or as Yoda would say, "Take me on".

#37 6 years ago

Quoted from thundergod76:

Based on my juvenile tastes in music...
    » YouTube video

30 years later still know all the words by rote without knowing at the time where or what the places being sung about were.

#38 6 years ago

...since were getting weird here lol

#39 6 years ago

#40 6 years ago

Without a doubt #1 is Fatboy Slim video with Christopher Walken, but runner up videos are....

Men Without Hats, Safety Dance...

Gorillaz Stylo...

#41 6 years ago

#42 6 years ago

I liked this one years ago, Green Jelly (Green Jello) - three little pigs

#43 6 years ago

Replacements “Bastards of Young”

Video represents the band’s reaction to being forced into doing it by their label, and fits the song perfectly!

#44 6 years ago

Not an official video, but it is just too perfect a combination of sound+vision not to share:

Human achievement at the highest level perfectly synced with a really great track from a fantastic band, very uplifting!

#45 6 years ago

Lots of good ones mentioned already

https://vimeo.com/12918083

#46 6 years ago

If you want a somewhat lysergic start to your week, here’s one of Austin’s finest new(ish) bands:

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Like one of the early posters said. Take on me. Or as Yoda would say, "Take me on".

https://www.facebook.com/MarlonWebbSkits/videos/503281129866329/

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Not an official video, but it is just too perfect a combination of sound+vision not to share:
    » YouTube video
    Human achievement at the highest level perfectly synced with a really great track from a fantastic band, very uplifting!

That was awesome, great video. What a terrifying yet beautiful ride of a lifetime, guy has more balls of steel than all my pins combined.

#49 6 years ago

#50 6 years ago

Money for nothing (and your chicks for free). The music video that will always have a special place in my heart.

And Sledgehammer was just amazing at the time. Both top picks for me.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-music-video-ever?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.