(Topic ID: 87246)

Best Music integrated Lightshow in Pinball?

By Britt-in-VA

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Doesn't have to be overall, can just be a mode in the game, or in attract, etc...

I love Elvira in the Party Monsters. When all the lights cut out and the organ kicks in...

#2 10 years ago

Pinbot, but so many good ones out there.

#3 10 years ago

Whirlwind's game over guitar solo

#4 10 years ago

Black Knight 2000 gets my vote. The Lightning Wheel, Ransom, Hurry-Up and Jackpot's lights and sounds are incredibly well choreographed. Every action has a fitting, intense sound that seamlessly blends the various music tracks, and every sound has a corresponding light sequence that matches the intensity and rhythm of the sounds.

I guess that sounds like common sense pinball design, but imo, BK2K's presentation (not even counting the gameplay) creates a man-machine connection I've never felt with another table.

#5 10 years ago

Interesting that all three games named so far are System 11.

EDIT: four

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Interesting that all three games named so far are System 11.

They didn't have that fancy-pants DMD to lean on to build the immersion. Art through adversity.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

They didn't have that fancy-pants DMD to lean on to build the immersion. Art through adversity.

Good point.

#8 10 years ago

Haunted House with its lightning effects and Bach organ music is a definite contender. It was a standout in any row of machines in its day.

#9 10 years ago

+1 Pinbot overall.
    2nd place to the end game music and light show on F-14 Tomcat.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Voltherd:

Haunted House with its lightning effects

VERY cool!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

2nd place to the end game music and light show on F-14 Tomcat

Or high score music and light show!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

end game music and light show on F-14 Tomcat

Oooh that's a good one too.

#14 10 years ago

To me, even in attract mode that music captures everything that was good about the 80's. I could just listen to that pin all day.

That's one pin that eventually, I'd like to have a Collectors Quality version of, and willing to pay for it.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

To me, even in attract mode that music captures everything that was good about the 80's. I could just listen to that pin all day.
    That's one pin that eventually, I'd like to have a Collectors Quality version of, and willing to pay for it.

I miss mine

#16 10 years ago

F-14

#17 10 years ago

I do too. It was my first pin getting into the hobby. I loved playing it, but wanted to move up into the dmd realm. Sold it and bought a STTNG, which I eventually sold and bought a TZ (what I have now)...

But from a pure fun, art, music, lightshow perspective, EATPM blows them all away to me. That's the one pin out of all of them so far that I want to own again and not let go.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I do too. It was my first pin getting into the hobby. I loved playing it, but wanted to move up into the dmd realm. Sold it and bought a STTNG, which I eventually sold and bought a TZ (what I have now)...
    But from a pure fun, art, music, lightshow perspective, EATPM blows them all away to me. That's the one pin out of all of them so far that I want to own again and not let go.

I parted with mine in a trade for BH (which I still have).
    That was a few years back before pin prices went crazy.

#19 10 years ago

Yeah, bought my EATPM for $1100.

#20 10 years ago

I like SM end of game light and sound show.

#21 10 years ago

MB - The start of Monster Bash multi-ball is my favorite. The music fits in perfect as each monster lights up when his instrument plays.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-music-integrated-lightshow-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.