DSC09390 (resized).JPG
DSC09379 (resized).JPG
DSC09369 (resized).JPG
IMG_0627 (resized).JPG
Hot shot topper 3.JPG
Image 47.jpg
Image 1.jpg
airaces 005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I'm surprised that a search didn't turn up anything as this topic has actually been discussed lots of times on Pinside. Even more times I'm sure on RGP before that.

I'll save you time though and give you the distilled results ...

Fast Draw / Quick Draw.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

What? No Surf Champ?

Surf Champ / Surfer are good too! Nice variety of features. That's why it was chosen by the PPM for their visible game.

http://pacificpinball.org/pinball-machines/surf-champ-visible-pin

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't get too caught up in the Quick Draw/Fast Draw hogwash. About 10 years ago a bunch of DMD people who don't like EMs got fixated on that one and decided it was gonna be the one EM they all like and there ya go, the hype train on that one was all aboard and embarked on its never-ending journey. It's a great game but so are many, many others.

Quick Draw/Fast Draw hogwash?!

I can't speak to any "hype train" stemming from the supposed popularity of the game amongst DMD enthusiasts 10 years ago, but I can say, in all honesty, that I've formed my own opinion based on the many various multi-player games that I have owned (including a Quick Draw currently among others) or played over the years.

While I would agree that there are a number of good EM multi-players, if I could only own one, it would be QD/FD for numerous reasons including, but not limited to:

1. Separate strategies of building the multiplier via the A-B-C lanes and cashing in on the upper playfield kickouts vs. risking shooting at the lower playfield drop targets
2. Unique design feature of the center horse shoe drop targets popping up repeatedly for 5,000 points once you're able to knock all of the drop targets down.
3. The challenge of achieving #2.
4. No slingshots and the nudging skills consequently required at the lower lanes.
5. Achieving full bonus and 3X multiplier on the last ball and seeing/hearing 45,00 points rapidly ring up once it drains.
6. Most importantly - and I'm not exactly sure why - but this is the multi-player that plays the most like a single player (i.e. the full reset after each ball is least noticeable) to me. Consequently mine is set for 5 balls as opposed to 3 on all of my other multi-players.

I'd recommend that anyone play a Quick Draw/Fast Draw that's been properly maintained if they have the chance. Its fun gameplay will speak for itself! While not for everyone (and what game is?), it certainly doesn't need to rely on any hype to maintain its popularity amongst those who have actually played one.

2 weeks later
#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I'm not going to lie to you though... it doesn't look good.

Methinks the doctor's diagnosis is affected by his anti-add-a-ballosis condition.

#114 9 years ago

But hey, you don't play the artwork. And keep in mind... I own a Williams King Pin!

Whoa - hold on there partner! Are you now saying that the artwork on Wms King Pin is bad too!?

That's CLASSIC early 60's PBA action captured on the backglass man! Just look at the confidence and determination on that guy's face! Chicks especially dig him! No wonder that pro bowlers were the highest paid sports stars at that time (really).

AND the playfield art - simply fantastic bowling stuff! LOVE those little King bowling pin guys!!! They make great avatars too (or so I hear).

#127 9 years ago

CONfidence and determiNATION?!?... he looks like an extra off the set of 'Reefer Madness'.
And if the chicks are diggin' him.... they're diggin' him a hole about six feet deep to THROW him in!
Now, as far as the 'playfield' art... I've always been jealous of your use of the little bowling pin man.
(but keep it under your hat though, huh?) : )

To quote The Dude: "You're obviously not a bowler."

I never really thought of the Reefer Madness aspect, but I have to admit you're not too far off base there.

Hmmm. Just one more reason to like that fine King Pin backglass! Thanks man!

1 year later
#145 7 years ago

Still Quick Draw/Fast Draw for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-multiplayer-em?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.