DSC09390 (resized).JPG
DSC09379 (resized).JPG
DSC09369 (resized).JPG
IMG_0627 (resized).JPG
Hot shot topper 3.JPG
Image 47.jpg
Image 1.jpg
airaces 005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 9 years ago

I'll put in a vote for Royal Flush. Sort of a multiplayer Jacks open. I own one of these and play it at the VFW quite often. I also have a couple of Target Alphas and a Space Oddssy or whatever. I had hands on an Aztec once, but turned it down. I'm sort of glad I did now. I like the game, but can't afford the room for it - giving it a spot that could be used by a Wedgehead.

Most of them are of the lather, rise, repeat variety. So their inclusion in your collection may be predicated on how many other games you have and how big your room is.

If you are painting a picture in your mind of you and your friends and family blissfully playing 4 player games of Target Alpha for hours on end, put down the joint and face up to the reality that it will be you sitting there shooting the same ball over and over that one week a month when your wife is unavailable. If you have 9 games and want to add a tenth, it might make sense. Your collection looks like you have 3 DMDs, so you have nice, deep rule set multiplayers already. If you are looking to just add an EM, I would encourage you to get a good playing single player.

If you are thinking of....get....
Royal Flush......Jacks Open
Target Alpha ..... Eldorado
Lawman........Atlantis
etc.
Most mediocre one player games are better than really good multis (in my opinion of course)

#40 9 years ago

I see you edited my post slightly, Alex

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

It's always more fun to compete!

Personally, I don't like it that much. (yes, I know you are quoting the machine) I like bullshitting with pinball people. I sort of like playing with them, but if I really want to play pinball, I find the wait your turn thing very ....ummm. Not conducive to actually enjoying the game, or the company. You sort of multitask and do a half assed job at everything. I think games like pool are much more conversational etc.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not true. Set the games to three ball (not five ball). There's an art to these games - trying to do put together your best 3 balls - and maybe get a shoot again or too - and get your best high score. I don't find a good multiplayer game boring at all.

Yep, different strokes, all that. I guess it comes down to why the OP wants "generic multiplayer EM" If he is looking for a decoration to go along with his DMDs or to take up floor space or whatever, any game will do. If he is looking for a good player, he might want to know there are differing opinions on the general play-abilty of multis vs singles. If he is looking for an EM just...because, then that might send him down a different road.

Regardless, if he were to buy a multi and get bored with it and then declare all EM boring, that would be an undesirable result. Until a few years ago, I hadn't really considered that there were substantial differences between multis and singles. Maybe my 4-5th game I bought was a Spirit of 76. I had a choice of that or a 2001. Both were the same price. I figured any game they made 10,000 of must be great!! So I bought it and left the 2001. Not my best move.

#46 9 years ago

Also not mentioned (I don't think anyway) is Big Indian. I had one and really liked it. I traded it for a Sing Along, then I backfilled it later with a better example. I figured Big Indians were easier to come by.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was asking because it appears that there are more multiplayer EMs for sale so if I had to settle for a multiplayer what ones would be most like a single player.

Well, the other thing is that you aren't stuck with it for life. If you get a good deal on an interesting game, snap it up! Then ditch it when you get a better game. ....or hoard it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-multiplayer-em?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.