DSC09390 (resized).JPG
DSC09379 (resized).JPG
DSC09369 (resized).JPG
IMG_0627 (resized).JPG
Hot shot topper 3.JPG
Image 47.jpg
Image 1.jpg
airaces 005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Fast Draw/Quick Draw is probably the best.
I am also partial to Dealer's Choice.

Agreed. Those are probably my top two along with Jack in the Box/ Jumping Jack as already mentioned.

I am also partial to Lawman/Sheriff, Old Chicago, Bow and Arrow.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I would prefer a single player EM and I have a few leads. I was asking because it appears that there are more multiplayer EMs for sale so if I had to settle for a multiplayer what ones would be most like a single player.
Thanks for all of your opinions
Lisa

Very few of them will be "like" a single player. Single player games usually have the attribute of keeping the playfield as-is ball to ball. Whereas a Multiplayer (except for a few 2 player examples) will reset everything when the ball drains.

However, it may also depend on why you are getting one. If you plan to enjoy pinball with your daughter, a 2 or 4 player machine may be the better choice especially if both of you are not accomplished pinball players. As the goals are usually much more obtainable. You will have more fun competing against each other. On a single player game, you will be competing against the machine other than keeping track of your highest scores (for competition).

The only draw back to the multi player EM is all those score reels to either fix or keep running (and the addition of a player unit of some kind). But, for the most part, once repaired/properly shopped out, if you play it regularly, it shouldn't give you too much trouble. If you play it a lot, you may need to clean the black arc marks off them occasionally.

#59 9 years ago

Personally, I think Old Chicago is a much better game than either Capt. Fantastic or Wizard. Spinner, Drop Targets, unique bottom area. Very fun to play.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Better than jungle?

Yes! Much better. Jungle is just a fun simple game. Many of us like it because we played it as kids. Without that attachment, it doesnt Have much going for long lasting staying power. It is a good game for begining players. Old chicago will continue to challenge even the seasoned player.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I guess I am just not a fan of Bally's artwork on EMs

There are certainly a few different styles. Obviously, due to the target market, Dave Christensen art is probably the most popular for Bally. However, I prefer that of Dick White (nip it, amigo, flip flop etc.)

1 week later
#89 9 years ago
Do I hear $350?

300 is a good family friendly starter game. Probably not the best game for a small list collection but its better than many others out there. It would all depend on price and condition. I would say a really nice one won't command much more than around $500.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Lol I know it's not an EM.. But it is a multiplayer based on an EM

So, you mean Fireball Classic or Home Fireball?

Home model is worth about $150 but usually sell upwards to $500.

Fireball Classic doesn't come up too often for sale so I am not exactly sure on the price point. Maybe $500 to $800. But since a lot of collectors are warming up to Classic Bally and Stern games, the value seems to be increasing on these animals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-multiplayer-em?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.