Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC09390 (resized).JPG
DSC09379 (resized).JPG
DSC09369 (resized).JPG
IMG_0627 (resized).JPG
Hot shot topper 3.JPG
Image 47.jpg
Image 1.jpg
airaces 005.jpg

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 1 year ago

(1) Target Alpha / Solar City
(2) Wizard

#152 1 year ago

Great discussion! I will try out this game myself to see how it works!

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from bek1966:

Williams 8-Ball (1966) is a fun 2-Player game. » YouTube video Too bad the gameplay video is only single player, but you get the idea of the stripes and solids action.
I remember playing this game as a kid up in the northwoods of Wisconsin in the early 70's. The neighborhood families would all go up for a week of snowmobiling between Christmas and New Years. The parents were basically bar-hopping and us kids were given dimes and quarters to occupy ourselves - we didn't complain. I have a basket-case one in the basement that my son and I hope to bring back to life.

...also it was designed by Norm Clark and was the first of his many middle-pop (between the flippers) games to follow. He was a pioneer of fun new ideas and this type of layout was his most distinguishing and favorite creative twist. Of his 2" middle-pop games, I personally think 8-Ball is the best of them (with Magic City a close second).

#154 1 year ago

I don't have 8-Ball, but Norm Clark designed several of the best multiplayers in my collection-

Pit Stop
Lady Luck
Jolly Roger
and Eager Beaver

If an 8-Ball shows up for sale nearby, I will be looking to add that one too.

#155 1 year ago

My vote is Wizard! The game I remember most as a kid. If I had my choice to add another one, it would be Joker Poker. Lawman, Target Alpha, Quick/Fast Draw are some other good ones in my opinion.

Forgot to mention Dodge City.

1 week later
#156 1 year ago

I have a few Multi Player EMs set up and enjoy most but since I went through the Surfer, and needed a break
from working on machines (or other projects), that was the machine I had a tendency of going to the most.
But just as of yesterday, and 2 or 3 weeks of headaches (because of a defected rectifier, blowin' diodes,
capacitors, ect.) I finally got the EM Joker Poker playing 100%. I played a dozen or so games on it tonight,
and in my opinion, it easily gives the Surfer a run for its money. Things could change, but I can't ever see
it leaving the Game Room.. (T)

#157 1 year ago

Jack in The Box/Jumping Jack. You can score extra balls, collect bonus during the ball in play and the targets reset when completed - those are my criteria for a great EM. Great lower playfield pop-bumper action and lots of boobs on the artwork

Fast/Quick Draw is IMHO over-rated. Nice backglass and a neat trick with the middle drop target. If you're shooting for high scores then the best/safest strategy is to keep the ball in the pop bumpers and that isn't much fun.

#158 1 year ago

Jungle Queen

2 weeks later
#159 1 year ago

I'll revive the thread. Not much mention of WMS Dealer's Choice. Out of all the EM's I have it probably gets played the most. It's a fast game with much to accomplish and aim for. I'm actually on my 3rd one because I keep looking for one in better condition. I will always keep one in my collection. It's a great pin that you can still pick up at a reasonable price.

#160 1 year ago

Right now its this one:

DSC09369 (resized).JPG

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Right now its this one:

That is nice looking

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

That is nice looking

Thanks.

DSC09379 (resized).JPG

DSC09390 (resized).JPG

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

I'll revive the thread. Not much mention of WMS Dealer's Choice. Out of all the EM's I have it probably gets played the most. It's a fast game with much to accomplish and aim for. .

Dealers Choice is a blast. Some people do not like the art, but it is appropriate for its time. Playfields and backglasses usually are in rough shape...I made the best of 2 and it still is average.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

It sure as hell isn't Out of Sight.

The challenge on Far Out and Out of Sight it hitting the drop targets when they are worth 5000 not 50 points. Then complete the set of drops for 2x bonus. I guess you hate it because the drops do not reset or there no extra ball to help run up the score.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The challenge on Far Out and Out of Sight it hitting the drop targets when they are worth 5000 not 50 points. Then complete the set of drops for 2x bonus. I guess you hate it because the drops do not reset or there no extra ball to help run up the score.

Drop targets not resetting is why I sold mine.

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from woz:

Drop targets not resetting is why I sold mine.

On some games this is a problem (High Hand, EM Joker Poker, EM Sinbad come to mind) but I don't mind on Out Of Sight and 2001. I used to think I should mod them to reset the drops... but on a 5-ball game this would make rolling the score a bit too easy and lessens the importance of aiming your shots.

This is especially true for Out of Sight. It is important to only aim for the lit 10x bank and its individually lit drop target to win. Otherwise, if you flail away at everything, you'll waste your points potential for that ball. It's kind of cool because there is always at least one 10x bank available to shoot at... unlike Jack In The Box/Jumping Jack which pretty much constrains you to either 1x/10x for the entire ball and row of drops.

1 week later
#167 1 year ago

For my money it is

Target Alpha

15 drops, extra ball and special , 4 flippers , great art work , chimes instead of bells .

That would be my desert isle 4 player

Sir Brian of Michigan

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

desert isle 4 player

Not gonna lie, I skimmed this and almost IPDB'd this by accident

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 21.00
$ 149.00
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
€ 8.40
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside