New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 13608)

Best Multiball Game

By RGR

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Snowdale
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best mulitball (including jackpot animations, sounds, scoring, orignality of shots, appropriate scoring etc”

• BSD 18 votes
      29%
    • Getaway 3 votes
      5%
    • STTNG 9 votes
      14%
    • AFM 9 votes
      14%
    • TAF 12 votes
      19%
    • TOM 1 vote
      2%
    • SM 7 votes
      11%
    • BK2000 0 votes
    • RoadShow 4 votes
      6%

(63 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Killer.gif

#1 8 years ago

Ok folks... the best multiball????? This does not include Wizard modes, just the standard 2-4 ball multiball... lol and I am not including Apollo 13 as that is just nuts.

#2 8 years ago

Hit 5x playfield, then...

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE-WAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

#3 8 years ago

ITS SHOWTIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!

#4 8 years ago

Is the list complete? I did not see the best.

#5 8 years ago

My favorite is CFTBL

DR

#6 8 years ago

no well of souls either.

#7 8 years ago

I will vote CV

#8 8 years ago

Well of souls would be my #2

That sh#t is just crazy but works "well" on the Widebody PF
    when you can tie balls up in the ramps

love it MR

DR

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

+1

I don't see LOTR listed. I'll take any of the movie MB modes in it over any of the ones listed in the poll.

This thread must be to determine the runner up.

#10 8 years ago

Given only those choices I would have to call Spidey the winner there.

I appreciate the limitation, as it made me reach for the decision on what would be the best out of those few.

I think right now top multiballs for me are on Simpsons.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

absocountry2 said:Is the list complete? I did not see the best.
    +1
    I don't see LOTR listed. I'll take any of the movie MB modes in it over any of the ones listed in the poll.

+1 LOTR has the best Multiballs in pinball! Each movie multiball is truly unique and they are all challenging to complete. ROTK is my nemesis!-7 grueling stages to complete.

#12 8 years ago

TSPP

DW honorable mention because I love blowing away Daleks.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

jarjarisgod said:absocountry2 said:Is the list complete? I did not see the best.
    +1
    +1 LOTR has the best Multiballs in pinball! Each movie multiball is truly unique and they are all challenging to complete. ROTK is my nemesis!-7 grueling stages to complete.

+2; LoTR mb's are a thing of beauty. Not just the movie mb's, but ring mb and super ring frenzy mb. Greatest rule set and diversity of mb's in a single game.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

+2; LoTR mb's are a thing of beauty. Not just the movie mb's, but ring mb and super ring frenzy mb. Greatest rule set and diversity of mb's in a single game.

+3 From the list SM.

#15 8 years ago

LOTR for me as well. I wish I could justify owning one.

#16 8 years ago

I agree as well, if LOTR was listed, it would get my vote.

From those listed, I have to go with BSD. Stacking MBs is what that pin is all about! "30 MILLION!!"

AFM is very good, and RS is certainly worthy of being mentioned as well.

#17 8 years ago

LoTR's multiballs are good (I don't care for the machine in all ways, but I've got to give them credit for having three very different multiballs).

Not sure multiball is something I'd comment on about Spider Man. SM's multiballs are typical. The start is typical shoot light lock, shoot lock, repeat 2 more times to start for one of them, and shoot the Doc repeatedly for the other one. The "holding the ball" bit on the Doc Ock multiballs are cool, but one rarely gets to the later Doc Ock multiballs anyway... But the jackpot animation is uninspiring, as is the size of the jackpots... SM is a good game, the multiballs are fun, and the model for the modes is a nice twist on the "1-shot-per-mode" paradigm. Maybe if I was better at the Doc Ock shot, i'd appreciate it more.

TAF certainly deserves mention - the rules for the multiballs are pretty vanilla, but the introduction sequence and to a lesser extent jackpot award sound effects are among the best in pinball.
    TZ deserves mention, for having just about the loudest jackpot animation ever, and for the change in music post jackpot. But again, the rules are standard Lawlor multiball rules (big points from the jackpot, no points for other shots, jackpot shot made with upper flipper, need to do something to relight) - good rules, but not something to call home about.

BSD is an interesting one for this list - mainly because multiball is ALL THE GAME IS. All about stacking multiballs and collecting triple super jackpots. A "Do one thing and do it well" - it's certainly notable in the emphasis it puts on multiball. I haven't played it enough to really come to a judgement on it, but more than any other game, it's all about the multiball.

I also feel like F14 is kinda notable here - it's up there with TAF on the multiball introduction sequence (with the topper illuminating the whole arcade), and it's one of the earliest games with a 4-ball multiball. However, that's the only multiball on the game, and the PF didn't have enough room on it for many shots due to the aircraft carrier and the thing in the center, so i don't think it's a contender for the title of best multiball game.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

+1...
    LOTR is the best hands down.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

LOTR is the best hands down.

+1

I have only had my LOTR for a few weeks, but each different Movie MB has such different goals. I still don't really have a clue what to do when each one pops up I have to just start hitting everything frantically. lol

One day it will come to me and I will do more than hit balls around in LOTR.

#20 8 years ago

BSD was built for multiball. Love the game!

+1 for LOTR too.

#21 8 years ago

For me its STTNG, its hard to beat battling the Borg. The playfield goes dark and the ship lights up, get to fire your cannons at it a couple of times for starting jackpots, they fire the balls back at you, great actor narration. If you have the shaker the machine shakes when your shields are hit, awesome! With LEDs, Sub, and shaker installed nothing comes close IMO.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

absocountry2 said:

+1

+1 again on LOTR MB. The hitting the balrog and getting the fellowship over the bridge is awesome.
    One thing surprised me the last few weeks, I have had some kids come play my LOTR and SM. I was sure that they would be all into SM because of the theme, but everyone of them preferred LOTR. I think it is because the shots in SM are harder to see and the ramps have to be shot perfect and with power and LOTR seems to let some shots through even if they are off somewhat. Also, I think fan layouts draw people in quickly and is a major reason MM is #1 besides the theme and production.
    Also, I find that SM is a game that needs skill in controlling the ball on the flippers to execute shots reliably and that makes the game more difficult for beginner pinballers, and definitely makes the multiball more difficult.

You have elected the way of pain:

And The Balrog (This foe is beyond any of you...RUN):

#23 8 years ago

+ "whatever number of votes this has gotten" I think LOTR has taken the top spot. Im on that vote with everyone else.

#24 8 years ago

Thirty Million..................

#25 8 years ago

LOTR easily...though its not in that list so I went for SM just because its the multiball I do best at in arcades...but LOTR is better because not only are you getting jackpots but your also completing tasks like bashing Balrog and sending members of the Fellowship to safety.

#26 8 years ago

LOTR might be good but it aint the best.... I think the reason is due to the amount of shots that you can make for jackpot. BSD or Getaway they are 1-2 specific shots... if you cant make them then you just wont get a jackpot whereas LOTR, almost every shot is a jackpot.. hmmm wheres the reward????

#27 8 years ago

lol BTW there were not enough selections to include other games, only a max of 9.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

hmmm wheres the reward????

Well all the movie multi-balls have a super jackpot as well as victory laps. Nothing like hearing "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

#30 8 years ago

Yeah that is awesome for sure... l'll start another poll for best Jackpot/Super Jackpot

#31 8 years ago

CV for best Stacking.

GnR for maybe the most fun I've had on a non wizard mode MB.

NGG for best Super. I do like the Supers on BSMB on Spidey. Rewarding when combined with a 3x multiplier.

#32 8 years ago

Hmmm BSD would be the best for stacking for sure... Thats what the games all about

#33 8 years ago

Btw I cant modify the poll to show other, unless there is a way that I dont know about???

#34 8 years ago

Shadow - trying to go for triple jackpot or triple super jackpot in Kahn multiball

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For me its STTNG, its hard to beat battling the Borg.

Battling the Balrog beats battling the Borg!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

LOTR might be good but it aint the best.... I think the reason is due to the amount of shots that you can make for jackpot. BSD or Getaway they are 1-2 specific shots... if you cant make them then you just wont get a jackpot whereas LOTR, almost every shot is a jackpot.. hmmm wheres the reward????

The reward is for *completing* the MB mode, not so much for hitting the jackpots.

#37 8 years ago

No love for Judge Dredd? It has a Super Game!!!!!!

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Battling the Balrog beats battling the Borg!

Have you battled the Borg with a shaker and upgraded subs installed? Balrog is fun but, the Borg gets the edge for me.

#39 8 years ago

One game not on your list, but should be is TFTC. Great multiball sequence. Otherwise I vote for TAF. SHOWTIME!!!

#40 8 years ago

Of the Choices , I Picked BSD .. TZ wasn't a Choice but it Would have been my 2nd Choice..

Killer.gif

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

No love for Judge Dredd? It has a Super Game!!!!!!

Nothing Super about Super Game.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

no well of souls either.

+1
    IJ well of souls 6-ball MB not on the list??? Even the regular 3 ball version is pretty exciting with all the lighting effects and call-outs.

#43 8 years ago

+++ for LOTR....So the race is for second place

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Ok folks... the best multiball????? This does not include Wizard modes, just the standard 2-4 ball multiball... lol and I am not including Apollo 13 as that is just nuts.

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy posts such as these wherein pinball fans can talk about the 'fun' aspect of these terrific games.

For my tastes, the array of MB's on LOTR is the bomb. But, the best MB? It's gotta be WH20.

#45 8 years ago

yeah LOTR does have alot but I am finding due to the ease that it takes to get a jackpot, getting a jackpot is not as satisfying as say TAF, TZ, or BSD.... Therefore Imo is lessens the thrill factor. WH20 is def a nice jackpot especially when you can hit the triple with 5x...

#46 8 years ago

1972 Fireball

#47 8 years ago

SM by far. Black suit, Fusion malfunction, Bank Bust, Armed at the dock, Battle royal, Super Hero, Combo multiball. Nuff said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 58.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Chrome Candy
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    € 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 8.99
    Electronics
    Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.95
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside