New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 74251)

Best Multiball and Worst Multiball. :) :(

By starbase

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Kineticross
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

60a831345aebed6fd195c8ae298a47962fea10fec8209494d6082959354e4a26.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I'm with 27dnast. Stargate might not have the worst multi-balls, but they HAVE to be some of the most non-satisfying. I made the skill-shot and started multi-ball? I've played 8 multi-balls on this ball, and it's an average game?

Eh.

#52 6 years ago

My favorite multiball might be on Creature from the Black Lagoon. I find it to require the most skill and control, but the rewards are massive jackpots and super jackpots.

#53 6 years ago

Bad:
Maverick - The amount of points you get from getting the jackpots is negligible, until you move on to the "super" jackpot which is way too difficult to hit on purpose (captive ball under the boat).

In the middle:
TFTC - too easy to get to but pretty fun nonetheless.

Good:
Fish Tales - The sequence of shots to get the regular jackpots is pretty fun, and when you can get to the super jackpot it's pandemonium, unless you make it all the way there only to drain before hitting that captive ball even once and crumble to the floor, aghast. (True story).

#54 6 years ago

Lost in Space has a freaky good multiball!

They all drop and gather in the center magnetis spinning disk then it spins the crap out of them and then flings them everywhere! Fun stuff!!!

Rare game though...

Tom

#55 6 years ago

I like the multiball in Demolition Man. The 2 ball version is pretty manageable but the 5 ball is a fun, flailing extravaganza. It has enough long ramps and traps to "store" some balls in to buy a little breathing room during the frenzy. Also like the multiball on Centaur 'cause the game is just so darn good ("good move human").

#56 6 years ago

I'm a big fan of F14 Tomcat's multiball. Best light & sound show with the flashing strobes on top of the backbox & emergency alarm going off...

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Black Hole is the best multiball.
not only is it one of the hardest to get to, it's also completely unique. 3 balls spread across two different playfields, one of which is inverted. there's nothing like it.

And it sucks so hard, when you miss one frigging target only to drain the first two after all that hard work. love it though

#58 6 years ago

I enjoy CFTBL's multi ball even though it is only 2 ball.

I dislike IJ-Stern.

#59 6 years ago

Strange Science - not my favorite multi, but thought I would mention it since no one else has. It's fun to let someone else lock 4 balls and then steal the multi by locking the 5th. Good build-up, then a frenzied release right by the flippers. It's not a great multi because there's nowhere for all those balls to go so you're constantly flipping and only watching the lower portion of the playfield. But with the playfield multipliers it's always a surprise to see your score after all the balls have drained.

Bill

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Good candidate for worst is ground attack on SST. 2 ball, everything locked out except yellow and red targets for a whopping 100-400K each.

watching people get this at my house is fun, its always 'I played this multiball for ages, I must have got mega millions... uh 800k total WHAT??!@?!?'

#61 6 years ago

I should also mention WH20. Hitting a triple jackpot is pretty satisfying, so is stacking with 5x.

#62 6 years ago

I really enjoy all the multiballs in LOTR in the context of the game. FOTR is a full-on controlled multiball - cradle up and strategically separate off balls to cross the members of the party. TTT is a full on flail-fest, especially with Gollum stacked. ROTK is somewhere in the middle - you can do better playing a little looser than fellowship.

Worst mb isn't really the WORST. It's terrible to pick on something like A13. Baywatch Earthquake is pretty stupid. It's a wizard mode, but a hell of a lot more boring than the normal multiball. There's no progression, it's just left ramp as much as possible. 6 balls means all of your shots aren't clean. If you "skillfully drain" to get balls out of the way, the autolauncher takes forever - all while counting down.

#63 6 years ago

One of the coolest mutliball gimmicks I've heard of (but not yet done) is the hitting a multiball jackpot with the powerball on Twilight Zone, which I've heard counts DOUBLE!

The circumstances that would lead to having the powerball in play during multiball are pretty unlikely, since the only thing you typically want to do with the powerball is get rid of it. But additionally, during multiball, the best jackpot shots come with the help of the spiral magnets, which set you up with easy shots. Magnets are no help with the powerball, though!

#64 6 years ago

Best: Riot mode on GnR

Worst: Hard 2 ball multiball on CFTBL. Just try and get a super jackpot....just try to NOT have to restart it every time.

#65 6 years ago

The Two Towers! TOOOOO WWAAAAARRR!!!

#66 6 years ago

Best = strange science
Worst = warp 9.9

#67 6 years ago

My favorite: Avengers= Hulk goes crazy, lifts the bridge, throws the ball at you, constantly bats them around as you hit him. I love seeing a 1st time player get that MB.

Not so favorite (should/could be better) X-Men Wolverine MB, it's almost like you are sorry you got it. The Magneto MB is pretty cool though..

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Worst = warp 9.9

uhhh that's not a multiball, jack

#69 6 years ago

Cyclone multiball!!!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from mot:

One of the coolest mutliball gimmicks I've heard of (but not yet done) is the hitting a multiball jackpot with the powerball on Twilight Zone, which I've heard counts DOUBLE!
The circumstances that would lead to having the powerball in play during multiball are pretty unlikely, since the only thing you typically want to do with the powerball is get rid of it. But additionally, during multiball, the best jackpot shots come with the help of the spiral magnets, which set you up with easy shots. Magnets are no help with the powerball, though!

Did it today, total surprise!

I like NF's three jackpot multiball and LAH's 6 ball.

I dislike Tron's LC - probably because I am no good at it and have a really hard time making the combos with an extra ball getting in the way. Actually, I just have a hard time making the combos...

#71 6 years ago

Best: The Creature- The game flows so well and its so fast to play- the multi-ball with the strobe light special is crazy...

#72 6 years ago

Best: The Creature- The games plays so smoothly and is so fast...once the multi-ball is achieved with the strobe light special, its crazy...

#73 6 years ago

TAF, Frankenstein, Twister... Most Sega games have some crazy multiballs going on all the time..

#74 6 years ago

My favorite MB is probably TA from AFM. Its even more fun when trying to get the 1 Bil Hurry up when trying to start it.

One of the other MB's I liked to play most is from a game I really don't care for. Fellowship MB I think is really fun having to bash Balrog & then shoot a ramp to get someone over the bridge.

Seems Weapon X MB is widely considered a bad MB & I find it hard to disagree.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkslide632:

I'm with 27dnast. Stargate might not have the worst multi-balls, but they HAVE to be some of the most non-satisfying. I made the skill-shot and started multi-ball? I've played 8 multi-balls on this ball, and it's an average game?
Eh.

That goes without saying that the skill-shot is so easy that it really cheapens the effect.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from mot:

hitting a multiball jackpot with the powerball on Twilight Zone, which I've heard counts DOUBLE!

Yes, I have done this on TPA. It's very satisfying when you do it, but I'm surprised there's not a "Triple Jackpot" for getting the Powerball in there a second time.

Best Multiball - Tri-Ball and C-H-A-O-S in Jurassic Park. It could be the perfect multi ball, due to its complexity. Shoot two jackpots at tough shots, then you begin a 6-ball multi ball with 10m Jackpots at five more tough shots, and then 50m hurry-up. Then you hear the famous theme blare as you collect that 50m. It's probably the best multi ball in a Data East game. Honorable mentions go to Super Egg Mania from the same game (what's with the carnival music?), the Mansion Multiball in TAF (SHOW TIME!) and the Multiball in FT.

Worst Multiball - Fisticuffs Multiball in Champion Pub. It just feels like filler to me, what with the fighter coming out and awarding you the typical awards for punching a foe. That's why I've always stacked it with something else in TPA. Even multi balls like the ones in Diner and Taxi had some objective. You can get even more points during a Fight than during this Multiball. "Honorable" mentions go to Weapon X Multiball from X-Men, and the random multi ball award from Gilligan's Island.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 999.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 17.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tucson, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Prospect Heights, IL
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside