You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2850 (resized).JPG
IMG_2772 (resized).JPG
IMG_2771 (resized).JPG
IMG_2770 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

My older daughter enjoys playing pinball with me but latley she has also been enjoying this arcade controller that I have with Pac Man and dig dug, etc on it. It's pretty old so the screen goes out and all wavy after awhile of playing so I was thinking a multi cade type thing would be fun. I already have a big screen hanging on a ceiling mount that I can rotate around so ideally I would like to have something like the Pandoras Box 2 player controller that I just plug into the TV and then I would build a sit down cabinet that the controller fits into.
Are there any specific setups for classic games or should I just get a Pandora's box? Anyone have any pictures of similar setups?
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

ebay.com link: 0

Something like this?
-Mike

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

ebay.com link
Something like this?
-Mike

Yes that's what I've been looking at but was wondering if there was something more specific for classic arcade games. I don't really need all the newer games or console games.

#4 5 years ago

Ended up getting a plug and play pacman joystick on Amazon. $16 and my daughter is very happy. Has 12 games but half of them are different versions of pacman. Does have Rally X which she likes as well as Dig Dug, Xevious, Bostonian, Galaga, Galaxian and Mappy. Now I'm going to work on building a small cabinet/stand for it. Will post pictures if it turns out not to be terrible looking!

#5 5 years ago

Right now it's just the coffee table

IMG_2770 (resized).JPGIMG_2770 (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago

Cabinet is built. I'm going to work on some ideas for the art package. Maybe a coin door on the front and some decals on the side. Also a games list on the top.

IMG_2771 (resized).JPGIMG_2771 (resized).JPGIMG_2772 (resized).JPGIMG_2772 (resized).JPG
#7 5 years ago

super cute. My son is almost 7 and this last Christmas was his first time ever playing a video game on a console/controller. But growing up when he has stepped into an arcade you would think he was born there. It was great when he was 2-3 and people would see this little bugger carrying a stool up to Mortal Kombat 3, drop a quarter or token in and proceed to astonish. I posted a vid on KLOV of him last year beating Shao Khan on our MK2 with default settings (one of the toughest AI's for a boss in any fighting game) and he became a star to the forum. Made him feel pretty cool and had a lot of members saying they wish there kid would get into vids and pins. Awesome on your part for taking the time to present a different platform of gaming to a generation that asks "whats that big box with the tv in the corner?"

Thanks
Blake

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Got a few very nice decals for some of the games on my homemade multicade and did a hand drawn coin door with sharpies. Hopefully this makes it look more like an actual arcade rather than just a big brown box

IMG_2850 (resized).JPGIMG_2850 (resized).JPG
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

ebay.com link
Something like this?
-Mike

Holy cow, that thing is cheap. I don't think I could build that for much less.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-multi-cade-set-up-for-tv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.