Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by sandersj
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

175103.jpg
    e3d2ef3d4f5ab418573ded9e8c01d89d0a0d1d00.jpg
    tron-speaker-lights.jpg
    shadow-package.jpg
    matrix-pin.jpg
    P1010211.JPG
    20131111_153416_resized.jpg
    20131111_153447_resized.jpg
    image-782.jpg
    image-569.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Just for fun, what are the best pinball mods for 2013? I'll start with Metallica snake fang dentures by Tmezel and ACDC lightning bolt flashers by Pinbits. What are your favorites? Let's keep it from 2013

image-569.jpgimage-569.jpg

image-782.jpgimage-782.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

I like the flipper toppers......I got some for my Tron LE and they look great

Here's the thread I started about them (with pics)
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-my-sexy-tron-le-flippers

#4 10 years ago

Color DMD (insert title here)

#5 10 years ago

Hank's led-flippers

#6 10 years ago

Eli's / Pinbits fibre optic ramp kit for the Tron Pro!

#7 10 years ago

I don't see how anything is going to top Eli's ramp kit.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Hank's led-flippers

Are they actually for sale anywhere? If so, you should probably hold this over until next year.

#9 10 years ago

The return of the CFTBL speaker panel LED mod.

#10 10 years ago

Hooked's Metallica Bumper Caps and amazing Metallica Belt Buckle for ramps. Also the Sparky coil for helmet.

And just ordered TMezel's skeleton in casket, cemetery sign and speakers for ramps.

"Tallica!"

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are they actually for sale anywhere? If so, you should probably hold this over until next year.

They've been available from pinbits off and on over the last month.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

They've been available from pinbits off and on over the last month.

For real?

Okay, I give up. What are they listed as? I don't see them on there.

#13 10 years ago

In no particular order:

Hooked's "see clearly inlane plastics" and "Loki plastic" for Avengers.
    Zdoor's Tesseract mod for Avengers.
    Jay Robinson's palantir mod for LOTR.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

For real?
    Okay, I give up. What are they listed as? I don't see them on there.

The home page says they'll be in stock tomorrow.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

The home page says they'll be in stock tomorrow.

Either we're looking at two different sites or we're talking about different things. I was talking about LED flippers. You seem to be talking about Eli's fiber kit.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Either we're looking at two different sites or we're talking about different things. I was talking about LED flippers. You seem to be talking about Eli's fiber kit.

No he is talking about Hank's LED flippers.

#18 10 years ago

My top 3.

1. TRON ramp kit.
    2. ZDoor tesseract cube
    3. TRON arcade cab mod.

#19 10 years ago

I don't know if it is a mod in the sense you are referring, but Herg's OCD LED controller has to be up there.

As for on playfield/physical mods, the tron ramp kit and Zdoor's Tesseract are two of the best this year.

#20 10 years ago

My bad - didn't see which mod you were talking about. Nothing can top Hank's led flippers or led fingers!

#21 10 years ago

BillE's illuminated flippers gets my vote, my no where near as cool as the TRON ramp kit that I just installed.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-illuminated-flipper-bats

#22 10 years ago

Since its my only 2013 Mod Tmezel's Twistnado for WOZ!

#23 10 years ago

I agree with alveolus the return of the CFTBL speaker panel mod. The color DMD. Both mods are sweet to have!

#24 10 years ago

I have to say it's PinmikeD's replacement for the Creature Holo using the raspberry pi and the monitor. That one's great.

#25 10 years ago

DD hand painted Sparky.

#27 10 years ago

Any Pinball Refinery Edition machine.

#28 10 years ago

Hergs Ledocd board

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

The return of the CFTBL speaker panel LED mod.

Can't wait to get mine and I think the Polk Audio Sub mod is
    all around cool

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

1. TRON ramp kit.
    2. ZDoor tesseract cube
    3. TRON arcade cab mod.

+1000

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

3. TRON arcade cab mod.

I think that one's been around longer than a year.

#32 10 years ago

The biggest overall change in the aesthetics would have to goto joeraptors AC DC pinblades interior side decals and speaker panel cover . His designs are well thought out with balance and color . I have the speaker panel, and a custom made apron decal . The look of the realism of the flames is great . It ties in very well with the theme. His Metallica side graphics are equally as impressive with its UV interactive colors , built into the artwork is simply stunning ...Great work from a great graphic designer ,, top notch ....and well done ...looking forward to future designs...............btw the new Star Trek designs are just as fabulous as the rest

20131111_153416_resized.jpg20131111_153416_resized.jpg 20131111_153447_resized.jpg20131111_153447_resized.jpg
    #33 10 years ago

TRON ramp lighting
    PIG 2
    Snake dentures

#34 10 years ago

Alternate Shadow translite!

#36 10 years ago

This might have been late 2012 but I will vote for pinballtoppers speaker light kits.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

No he is talking about Hank's LED flippers.

Jesus christ. It's like pulling teeth with you people. It might've been SLIGHTLY amusing if someone had pointed out he was referring to the obscure idiotic video series of pranks, not an ACTUAL PRODUCT. God forbid that I was hoping someone had actually produced something and made it commercially available, like BillE's flippers above. No, instead, I have to spend all day going "What the F--K is this guy on?" until I just HAPPEN to google "hank led flippers" and find the retarded video. Hope you enjoyed your laugh at my expense...personally, I'd love to pop Jay one in the face right about now...

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Jesus christ. It's like pulling teeth with you people. It might've been SLIGHTLY amusing if someone had pointed out he was referring to the obscure idiotic video series of pranks, not an ACTUAL PRODUCT. God forbid that I was hoping someone had actually produced something and made it commercially available, like BillE's flippers above. No, instead, I have to spend all day going "What the F--K is this guy on?" until I just HAPPEN to google "hank led flippers" and find the retarded video. Hope you enjoyed your laugh at my expense...personally, I'd love to pop Jay one in the face right about now...

Wow....tis the season to be jolly.

#39 10 years ago

Best mod = The Vagazzler

P1010211.JPGP1010211.JPG
    #40 10 years ago

Mine would be the eyeball sticker for the Met pro coffin,simple but effective.

#41 10 years ago

Another vote for Hank's led-flippers!

#42 10 years ago

I am also in for Hank's led flippers.. as long as they have sparkle rubbers that support a charity or to live strong on them... lol..

#43 10 years ago

Eye ball sticker
    Snake fangs
    Led snake head

#44 10 years ago

I don't typically care for MODs, but there were a lot of cool projects this year. I'm always impressed with the people that can invent something total unique that looks factory original. A good MOD for me is something that adds player interaction, but looks like it was original - like the Bill Ung AFM saucers. Some of these MODs clearly took countless hours to create and go way beyond the norm. So, in no particular order:

BOP 2.0
    CCC
    Tron Fiberoptic Ramps
    CFTBL LED Speaker Panel
    Color DMD

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Wow....tis the season to be jolly.

Yeah, let me see how jolly you are after:

Having a mint sample game shipped, only for R&L to dump it off the pallet, upside down, smashing in the playfield glass into a million pieces and rails so badly they have to be bent back out to even get the playfield lifted, smashing a corner of the cabinet, leaving the game sitting upside down ON THE HEAD, splitting the head at the corners, and then getting to let this BOAT ANCHOR sit in your living room for weeks/months on end while the claim is processing (This is totally not the fault of the way it was shipped. It was secured. Seller is doing everything he can to assist with the claim.).

Having ordered a topper for said game, only for USPS to take OVER A MONTH to claim that the address had 'insufficient information to deliver' even though I have recieved countless packages and junk mail at my address, filled out at least five different ways, and then return it to the shipper.

Christmas present for my wife that I ordered a month ago? Yeah, still hasn't shipped, so there's no way that it will show up in time. So now, my wife and I both get to sit around, watch our kids (and relatives) open a ton of presents that they won't give two craps about in two months, while we twiddle our thumbs. Kind of feel like I'm living "The Gift of the Magi" right now, frankly.

God forbid that I wanted to STILL buy something else after all this horsecrap. A post or two would've been fine, IMO, but at some point it would've been nice for someone to have pointed out it was a joke. If you didn't notice, I tried to figure out if it was a joke or not, and I didn't even get a straight answer then, so yeah... that's my limit. I dunno if Jay thought I was playing along or what. Maybe that was a possibility, since it happens so frequently here, but no, I'm looking for freaking lighted flippers. My reserves of patience for this month are toast. PPS said they were going to have lighted flippers. Dude above made his own. I want to throw a wad of money in someone's face for lighted flippers that are not crazy to install. Make it so.

End of hijack.

#46 10 years ago

Fortunately you're able to maintain perspective

I agree with the votes for BoP 2.0. I haven't even played it yet but just from the videos that's awesome stuff

#47 10 years ago

1. Eli's Tron Pro ramp lights
    2. Color DMD for TOM
    3. Black pinball side mirrors
    4. Dr. Pinball's DMD extender
    5. Hooked's Tron bumper caps (he says he's shooting to have them shipped before 2013 expires )

I think these all are 2013 introductions.

#48 10 years ago

mm.. forgot about the DMD Extender. that's a great one too. I'd love to have one of those for a tourney finals.

#49 10 years ago

did LED OCD come out this year? if so, that's my vote.

#50 10 years ago

LEDOCD if it is 2013
    Eli's Ramp kit for torn
    Pig 2

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mods-of-2013-year-in-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.