rudy-has-legs (resized).jpg
064.JPG
ACDC4 (resized).jpg
ACDC1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3918 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170821-230522 (resized).png
Leg lights (resized).jpeg
20170818_144031 (resized).jpg

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

ColorDMD
PinSound
Mirror Blades or Graphics Blades
LOTR Palantir
WOZ Red Smoke Witch

ColorDMD and PinSound can truly make a 25 year old game feel modern and fresh.

2 weeks later
#52 6 years ago

WOZ RED SMOKE MOD is the best!
#removethewitch.

#53 6 years ago

This is an easy one for me.

These three mods completely changed my Judge Dredd

- Color DMD
- Pinsound
- OCD LED & OCD GI boards for ultimate LED control

#54 6 years ago

Color dmd and invisiglass

#55 6 years ago

And tron Flynn's arcade mod

#56 6 years ago

WOZ red smoke witch mod came to mind immediately but the best mod I have purchased is the Ghostbusters center post and outlane mod. The airballs over the flippers and over the inlanes combined with the huge flipper gap and constant SDTM had me done with this game. This mod has revitalized the game for me and it is now one of my favorites. It was also very easy to install.

#57 6 years ago

Color DMD
Invisiglass
Cliffy Protectors

#58 6 years ago

External subwoofer.

#59 6 years ago

My PZ modded out!

064.JPG064.JPG

#60 6 years ago

Rottendog & Alltek boards
Invisiglass
Anything Chrome or Transparent!

#61 6 years ago

Pingraffix Powerbladez are amazing!!!! and for my money, Color DMD and Invisiglass.

#62 6 years ago

I find most "toys" that are added to the play field are tacky and ugly. Mods I do like:
ColorDMD
Titan Rubbers
Cliffy Protectors
Custom Shooter Rods
PDI Glass
LED's (When done right, usually means proper color lights and LEDOCD to control flicker and dimming)
Toppers (When done right, which usually means when made by the game manufacturer)
Powder Coated Armor (Again when done right, wrong color choices can be ugly as hell)
Beverage Caddy

But all those tacky toys with an led or 2 shoved in it.....Those are for the most party U-G-L-Y.

#63 6 years ago

Pinball Browser! Made a game I hated because of the music turn into a game I love.

#64 6 years ago

Way to many good ones out there.
But I always try to get these 3 on all my modern games.

1. Pinnovators headphone jacks with sub output.
2. Color DMD
3. Modfather candy shooter rods.

Runners up that I would like to try or have.
LED OCD
Pinsound
Antiglare glass

Having over 10 modern pins it is just to cost prohibitive to put all of this on every pin.

#65 6 years ago

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of times invisiglass has been posted. I've had glare but a ColorDMD, glare guard or being smart about lighting a back box sort it out. I can't imagine invisiglass would make much difference. I guess if you rainbow bomb you backglass with LEDs it might be useful but that seems like lipstick on a pig to me. I'm going to have to take a closer look next time I'm at a show.

#66 6 years ago

Must have mods IMO:

1. Invisiglass
2. Sub Woofer
3. Shaker
4. Color Dmd
5. Pinnovators Headphone Jack

Quoted from Darscot:

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of times invisiglass has been posted. I've had glare but a ColorDMD, glare guard or being smart about lighting a back box sort it out. I can't imagine invisiglass would make much difference. I guess if you rainbow bomb you backglass with LEDs it might be useful but that seems like lipstick on a pig to me. I'm going to have to take a closer look next time I'm at a show.

Best way to put it for me is If you were to watch a movie in standard def that would be regular pinball glass. If you were to watch a movie in high def, that would be invisiglass.

#67 6 years ago

HD Glass

Color DMD

LED Bulbs GI Color Changing

Pinball Pro / FF Speakers

LED DLX Back Box Kit

Powder Coating

Toppers

When you put them all together

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Invisiglass is a BIG difference....

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of times invisiglass has been posted.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Invisiglass is a BIG difference....

Depends on your set up really. I need to move it around to another game to test, but on my DI is is 99% unnoticeable to me.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Depends on your set up really. I need to move it around to another game to test, but on my DI is is 99% unnoticeable to me.

interesting...on all my games its night and day....MMRLE, AFMRLE, LOTR LE, MET, WOZ, Hobbit...are you sure your DI didn't already include?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...are you sure your DI didn't already include?

Correct I have the standard and it came sans invis...switching to the real deal changed nothing for me. It's a touch better maybe? But I can't tell if I'm just looking harder? Anyway, both have their share of reflections so it wasn;t the night and day I was expecting. Like I said though...I'll slap it on another game and take a look.

#72 6 years ago

PDI glass.

#73 6 years ago

What is a realistic price for Invisiglass, I don't mean the Pinsider I pay half what everyone else does or the eBay sellers price. It is a more than a couple hundred a sheet is it not?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct I have the standard and it came sans invis...switching to the real deal changed nothing for me. It's a touch better maybe? But I can't tell if I'm just looking harder? Anyway, both have their share of reflections so it wasn;t the night and day I was expecting. Like I said though...I'll slap it on another game and take a look.

Interesting....maybe u don't have much glare in your environment (i.e. dark basement). My game room is really bright so its easy to see the difference. I have both PDI and Invisaglass....their both the same quality (IMHO) as I see no difference....

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What is a realistic price for Invisiglass, I don't mean the Pinsider I pay half what everyone else does or the eBay sellers price. It is a more than a couple hundred a sheet is it not?

I think it's still 300...maybe 300 shipped if lucky? It has never gotten cheap as far as I know.

#76 6 years ago

PDI and Invisiglass are $300

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Interesting....maybe u don't have much glare in your environment (i.e. dark basement).

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Someone else said in their environment it didn't make a diff'rence either.

#78 6 years ago

My game room is really bright so the difference is really dramatic. If it wasn't I'd never waste the $300 Also I've never seen the glass on sale, but sometimes u can get free shipping (its usually not cheap).

#79 6 years ago

My favorite mods:

Shaker motor
External sub
ColorDMD
LEDs [if done right] + LEDOCD (I don't like colored LEDs in the GI, it washes out the colors of the plastics. But color matched inserts look nice imo)

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you sure you got invisiglass with your standard? Do you have invisiglass to test? Reason I bring this up is I bought a WOZ standard from someone who paid for the invisiglass/shaker upgrade. When I got to his house to pickup his game room was bright as being outside so I didn't think twice about the invisiglass. When I got it home into my dark game room I knew right away it wasn't invisiglass.

The seller was legit and made it right by forking over the expense (I actually offered and agreed on just 1/2 cost). But he felt like he got ripped by jack on this experience. He even called jack and said hey, know that invisiglass upgrade you sold me? Turns out it's not invisiglass. Jacked apparently got very upset and defensive, and at this point it wasn't worth the argument anymore. But point is; The guy had his game for nearly a year and never knew it wasn't invisiglass.

Hence, my reason for asking you if you're sure it's invisiglass cause it is night and day...at least in a dark gameroom. It's not just anti-glare that it provides, but clarity and definition. Standard def vs. high def

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you sure you got invisiglass with your standard?

I'm not sure if I got IG or not with my DI, I am sure however I have a sheet of IG (not proven) from another time that I replaced this mystery glass ( ) with, and it does not impress me at all.
Now, we have to move to step 2 where I stick the (not proven) IG in another machine and look for a diff'rence.

"Worst" case is neither are invisiglass, which I paid for neither so not a big deal
Best case is they are both IG, and I can sell them both for some cash

I'll check for the markings I only saw the JJP logo and stuff on it.

#82 6 years ago

usually there's markings on the glass itself...probably worth the effort to check it out. You might have to remove the glass to see the invisiglass label (its not real obvious)....

#83 6 years ago

Invisible glass helps with glare. That is the real reason I install them on all of my games. Depending on your room lighting glare from your DMD can be pretty bothersome. HD glass removes the majority of all glare. Plus it gives the illusion of no glass at all.

#84 6 years ago

In my experience the glass serves two purposes: First the clarity is night and day (the standard versus High def analogy is right on)...the second is glare. It really does cut down on glare, but not all the glare. The biggest impact is the glare that comes from the DMD. It does a great job on that particular issue. When I buy or sell games I really only put value (in most cases) on the Invisiglass, Color DMD, and Cliffy's. All the other stuff I put very little value on (although some are nice).

#85 6 years ago

It seems like a very expensive way to deal with DMD glare, glare guards are like $20. If your pins are in a room with a lot of external light sources I could see it. I also don't understand the clarity thing regular glass has no issue with clarity it is completely transparent. You guys make it sound like looking through standard glass is like looking through a screen door.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It seems like a very expensive way to deal with DMD glare, glare guards are like $20. If your pins are in a room with a lot of external light sources I could see it. I also don't understand the clarity thing regular glass has no issue with clarity it is completely transparent. You guys make it sound like looking through standard glass is like looking through a screen door.

when you compare the two it like looking through a screen door standard glass has a lot of glare and the clarity isn't even close to what IG offers. $300 is nothing when people invest thousands of dollars on a machine...that being said everyone is different. All I am saying (and many others) is the IG makes a big difference in glare reduction, and clarity.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Pinball Browser! Made a game I hated because of the music turn into a game I love.

curious to which one?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll check for the markings I only saw the JJP logo and stuff on it.

Quoted from TheLaw:

OK back with the halftime tests. It is IG and IT IS an improvement now that i really study it.

For me, in this current layout/lighting situation, I feel like this glass would be worth (to ME of course) probably $50-60 and I might buy it, when I'm used to paying $25 a sheet. I probably wouldn't buy it @ $60 but I'm trying not to discredit it completely and be realistic.
I think I'm going to throw it on Kings & Queens and see how she does.

This is a basement with a black ceiling and canned lighting so that may make a world of difference for all I know?

#89 6 years ago

I'm pretty surprised that some people are pretty meh about the difference between Invisiglass and standard glass. It may be my lighting in my basement, but the difference is tremendous here. I have one sheet that I rotate between games depending on which one I'm currently hooked on and the others look like, as someone stated earlier, there's a screen door. I'm talking more clarity than anti-glare, which it does a good job but not quite as well as it claims.

Edited to add: the newer the game the better it looks IMO, Aerosmith with Invisiglass looks incredible. Just an absolute stunner.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I'm pretty surprised that some people are pretty meh about the difference between Invisiglass and standard glass. It may be my lighting in my basement, but the difference is tremendous here. I have one sheet that I rotate between games depending on which one I'm currently hooked on and the others look like, as someone stated earlier, there's a screen door. I'm talking more clarity than anti-glare, which it does a good job but not quite as well as it claims.
Edited to add: the newer the game the better it looks IMO, Aerosmith with Invisiglass looks incredible. Just an absolute stunner.

Like I stated earlier its really impactful in my current setting, which is bright and well lite...worth every penny in my book, and really improves the game experience....and I agree it looks great on a game like AS

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

makes a huge difference on new games imo

4 months later
#92 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

AFM/RFM Mini Saucer mods by UFO pinball
Tron Mini Arcade Game
Pinball Mike's Interactive LCD Mod

does someone can give me a good address for those min lcd mod i love that
it's hard to install ?
Thanks for your answer

#93 6 years ago

Color DMD isn't a mod anymore. It's part of the game.

Deadworld lock isn't a mod, it's just how the game was intended.

The best MOD's aren't really mods.

#94 6 years ago

MOD = Modification

Anything changing how the game was originally sold is a modification of that game.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

MOD = Modification
Anything changing how the game was originally sold is a modification of that game.

wait Run that by me one more time so I can comprehend........

#96 6 years ago

...even the super shiny after market balls you jam into the outhole are mods

1 year later
#98 4 years ago

"Hey Bucko, how about letting me out of this pinball machine?"

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A shameless plug.

There is no such thing as a shameless plug if you made something cool you made something cool... that is how we find out!

Nice mod seriously!

#100 4 years ago

Overall I think the best mods are made by the people who make like one thing... IE Monkey Mod or Witch Mod.

There are a lot of talented people who just did a mod for fun, and you can tell!

If you're talking about mass production mods, clearly in my opinion the best Mod company is the Mod Couple.

But if we're talking about a mod all pinball games should have its side blade art. I don't know why this doesn't come standard but that is something all games need.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
$ 24.50
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mods-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.