Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4610FDA6-8B74-485B-9E25-28050D4ABA40 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

What is the best overall machine for 2 to 4 players. We play our MET a lot together, usually 3 of us play and only for 2 or 3 games. Any pins that keep you going and going in a group? I'm mostly thinking modern here, I'm not into EMs and very few older ones, especially some of the older ones that are impossible to find for sale anyway.

WOZ was not a good game for us in a group. We usually played 1 game together then quit.

#2 5 years ago

Hard to say if there is a best game out there but there are a bunch of really good ones. IMDN gets my vote though.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hard to say if there is a best game out there but there are a bunch of really good ones. IMDN gets my vote though.

Way too long ball times for a great multiplayer games. TnA is the only game that has co-op mode not to mention the shorter ball times. Based on just the OPs question i would day there is no contest.

#4 5 years ago

BSD isnt super modern but it has short balltimes and is a fun multiplayer game

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Way too long ball times for a great multiplayer games. TnA is the only game that has co-op mode not to mention the shorter ball times. Based on just the OPs question i would day there is no contest.

Haha, yea I was wondering how quick someone would say TNA. We played it recently with the family and it was great.

#6 5 years ago

All the other classic Borg stuff is fantastic for multiplayer... Tron, Iron Man, TWD... I'd say TNA, but sounds like that might not be up your alley if you're not a fan of older games. AC/DC is great as well. For W/B DMD I like playing Fish Tales and Dracula. Is system 11 too old? Whirlwind is super fun to play in a group.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

BSD isnt super modern but it has short balltimes and is a fun multiplayer game

This one would be on my short list if not for the theme. Them is important to me and this one doesn't check that box for me. It is a fun pin though.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

All the other classic Borg stuff is fantastic for multiplayer... Tron, Iron Man, TWD... I'd say TNA, but sounds like that might not be up your alley if you're not a fan of older games. AC/DC is great as well. For W/B DMD I like playing Fish Tales and Dracula. Is system 11 too old? Whirlwind is super fun to play in a group.

I'm struggling between Tron and TNA recently. One has a theme I love and the other is cool but kind of a generic theme. TNA really got my adrenaline going. I think I'm going to set a record for the longest time to pick out pin #2.

#9 5 years ago

No not really. IM I guess...Sterns all play pretty long.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'm struggling between Tron and TNA recently. One has a theme I love and the other is cool but kind of a generic theme.

Them is important to me ...

Is the theme that important to everyone else as well?
    So many of your posts are deal with the theme even though you don't like the game...it's confusing.

#10 5 years ago

Was at a house league event a couple weeks ago and played a 4-player game that showed individual scores and sums of player 1/3 and 2/4. It might_ have been Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure but I'm not sure. Could add fun if you have both an individual score and a team score I guess.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No not really. IM I guess...Sterns all play pretty long.

Is the theme that important to everyone else as well?
    So many of your posts are deal with the theme even though you don't like the game...it's confusing.

It's got to check all boxes for me to pay these outrageous prices.

Theme I love
    Fun Gameplay
    Fast
    Smooth layout
    Good multiplayer

I can enjoy themes I don't love for short periods of time if the game is fun, but eventually I just sell them. Trying to find my next keeper.

#12 5 years ago

I vote White Water. It's a lot of fun to "race" your way down the river when playing a multiplayer game. Not everything has to be a score competition.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I vote White Water. It's a lot of fun to "race" your way down the river when playing a multiplayer game. Not everything has to be a score competition.

I agree with this! Tougher game to find though, people tend to hang on to them. Maybe if CGC does a remake?

#14 5 years ago

Maybe if CGC does a remake?

Maybe at some point, but I don't think prices for White Water are high enough to justify a remake quite yet. I think they still hover around the $4k mark. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for one.

#15 5 years ago

I agree with this! Tougher game to find though, people tend to hang on to them.

One of my favorites.

The skill shot does have a tendency to confuse newer players tho.

It also really sucks when a switch goes bad and you have to remove 80 ramps

I'd absolutely go for a remake of it just to have all new parts in it and not have to worry about tearing it down for a while.

We need to get these things up to the 8k range so CGC takes notice! I give it a couple more years at the present rate. I'd expect an LCD topper though, apparently the advanced beings that created the original have left the solar system.

#16 5 years ago

I think I'm going to set a record for the longest time to pick out pin #2.

Sell the Metallica and get TNA and Tron, problem solved

Conversely, sell a kidney and get all three! Those three would be the last to leave in my collection.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

a 4-player game that showed individual scores and sums of player 1/3 and 2/4. Could add fun if you have both an individual score and a team score I guess.

I think this is a Sega feature. I know Harley Davidson and South Park show team totals.

#18 5 years ago

For value, Fish Tales gets my vote. I haven't found many Stern's I really like besides Metallica. Actually, most of the Stern games I enjoy remind me a lot of Metallica. If you've tested out TNA and enjoy it, you won't find a much better multiplayer or "dollar game". Maybe also check out Iron Man. If the DMD display was decent on Iron Man I'd probably have one in my collection already.

#19 5 years ago

The ONLY pins my whole family will play together are EMs...
    I have found that modern pins will make the less skilled players bored fast while playing multiplayer.
    Even my 74 year old mom loves playing the EMs with me, but won’t go near the “modern” stuff.
    The longer you own the “modern” pin, the more skilled players will get even better and bore the unskilled. EMs seem to even out skill levels. If you are looking for all around family hanging out, you are missing something big in EMs.
    I really like 70’s multiplayers.

#20 5 years ago

My vote goes to TNA. I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but there is 2 extra multiplayer modes in the game:

-cooperative multiplayer, where everyone shares the same score and work together to try to blow up all 9 reactors

-team vs. team multiplayer

That coupled with the quick ball times and nearly non-stop action (not to mention the light show and music), i think TNA is definitely worth considering. I'm planning on getting one in the next year or 2 hopefully.

#21 5 years ago

I'm struggling between Tron and TNA recently. One has a theme I love and the other is cool but kind of a generic theme. TNA really got my adrenaline going. I think I'm going to set a record for the longest time to pick out pin #2.

I have both Tron and TnA. Love them both. Ignore all comments about TnA felling like an older game.

#22 5 years ago

Tron is a blast, but with really good players, multiplayer games can drag.

So Iron Man if it needs to be a Stern.

TNA if Spooky is ok. Multi player can go pretty quick, and cooperative mode is awesome.

#23 5 years ago

Pretty tough to beat TNA in the multiplayer dept. so so addicting to play team or co op mode.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

All the other classic Borg stuff is fantastic for multiplayer... Tron, Iron Man, TWD...

Love these Borg games they are the bulk of my collection

I will be getting TNA soon and have to say AFM is out of this world good.

AFM is a monster game.

I am more into short games now even when solo.

I still enjoy long games like Woz or SM but short games, I can hit start a dozen times in half an hour.

4610FDA6-8B74-485B-9E25-28050D4ABA40 (resized).jpeg4610FDA6-8B74-485B-9E25-28050D4ABA40 (resized).jpeg

#25 5 years ago

Iron Man! Fast with short ball times. Shallow rules make it competitive.

#26 5 years ago

TNA, Iron Man, Metallica, BSD, and TWD.

#27 5 years ago

I like AFM too, but I wouldn't pair it with MET.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-modern-pinball-machine-for-2-to-4-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.