(Topic ID: 287509)

Best modern pin if I could only get one

By johnndeanna

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200612_210713 (resized).jpg
    8C596802-FF0E-447B-BA04-42E76F3C9B81 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnndeanna:

if I had one pin that both me, my wife, and my kids/grandkids would likely enjoy and would feel playable for a very long time, what would be your choice in machine? ...I am looking for something with a great ruleset, fun to plan, mix of hard and easy shots and generally something you would enjoy of you could only get a few games in a day on it every other day or so.

This is a tall order tbh. Are all of these people pinball lovers? Or is it just you? Because if your goal is to buy something that non-pinball lovers will like and they will play the game, I think you're going to be disappointed. It's extremely difficult to get non-pinball people into the game. I think you gotta try to find something that's great for the whole family while at the same time great for solo play if they bail on you.

That said, I think my pick for you would be Dialed In. It has a very deep ruleset but not overly complex. It has an amazing light show. It has dark humor (some people don't realize this) but it's also light-hearted enough for kids to enjoy. Great sounds, satisfying shots, and it's great for the whole family, and if they bail on you it's great for a solo player too. I think it'll be hard to beat this. Any standard model can run for around 6k. When I had this at my house, it was the one game all kids ran to.

A close second would be Attack from Mars, simply because it's one of the best games of all time, and it's super easy to understand to "hit the ship in the middle of the playfield". Plus it's easier to sell than DI if you decide to sell it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-modern-pin-if-i-could-only-get-one?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.