Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball expo (resized).jpg
    0304201719_HDR_resized (resized).jpg
    0306201626a_resized (resized).jpg
    lighted shooter rod cover iron man close (resized).jpg
    0302201809c_resized (resized).jpg
    0308201755a_resized (resized).jpg
    0301201915c_resized (resized).jpg
    lighted shooter rod cover twilight zone (resized).jpg
    0304201733_HDR_resized (resized).jpg
    New-Beavis-and-Butthead-Movie (resized).png
    Stern JP amber shooter (resized).png
    261764F3-63BE-4D3B-8A8A-DA887F13F67B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

I'm hoping to get some votes for my "Deluxe Speaker Light Kit".

I came up with the idea and design of the pinball Speaker Light Kit in 2012 (along with their easy drop in, acrylic designs).....no TWIPY or award nominations back then. They were shown off at Pinball Expo 2012 in mid October and were being sent out to customers a couple of weeks later. They covered over 6 years of Stern games at launch.

Since then I have expanded, both forward to cover current games and back to cover most of the Sega and Data East games from the past. When SPIKE 2 rolled out, I didn't just stick one of my old light frames in them and call it a day. I went to work redesigning and rethinking things for the new SPIKE 2 system games to make them look their best.

I think my Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits would have been a good nomination last year, but with me coming up with the whole RGB pinball speaker light kit idea way back in 2012....the excitement of something new had faded. As that may be, I hope people will consider nominating my "Deluxe Speaker Light Kit" for 2019 as both the Deluxe and Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits were both introduced and rolled out this year (Deluxe May 01, 19) and (Deluxe 5.25" October 01, 19).

So this year I have introduced my Deluxe (and Deluxe 5.25") Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games. I didn't invent the technology that these use, but I did come up with the entire idea of an RGB pinball Speaker Light Kit back in 2012, I also designed the frames that make them possible, incorporated the addressable LEDs that make them "Deluxe" and made them available in an easy to install, ready to go kit.

As someone that has conceived, been designing, making and evolving these for over 7 years, a write-in nomination votes would be appreciated. The TWIPY write-in nomination votes can be done here:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-pre-voting-open-now/?fbclid=IwAR2AOLx_sSxJYinTN-iLp4_mt0RNncUwJzyh3OfaLPLDcBZ6YZ06kUjs6Ww

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mod-of-2019?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.