Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball expo (resized).jpg
    0304201719_HDR_resized (resized).jpg
    0306201626a_resized (resized).jpg
    lighted shooter rod cover iron man close (resized).jpg
    0302201809c_resized (resized).jpg
    0308201755a_resized (resized).jpg
    0301201915c_resized (resized).jpg
    lighted shooter rod cover twilight zone (resized).jpg
    0304201733_HDR_resized (resized).jpg
    New-Beavis-and-Butthead-Movie (resized).png
    Stern JP amber shooter (resized).png
    261764F3-63BE-4D3B-8A8A-DA887F13F67B (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I'm struggling to think of the best mod of 2019 for the TWIPYs. My first thought was the flying monkey for WOZ but that was announced in 2018. Maybe it didn't ship until 2019? Anyway, I see there has been some love for the JP Barbasol can. What other 2019 mods are worthy of recognition?

#2 4 years ago

Is there a gameroom decor category?

#3 4 years ago

Pinballj’s JJP POTC chest open and close mod. Hands down best mod I put in this year. Just not a lot of people have a POTC to vote for it.

#5 4 years ago

MMR Upgrade kits.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

MMR Upgrade kits.

Those won't be released until January/February...but if you know anything about CGC production, it'll be longer.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from evh347:

Those won't be released until January/February...but if you know anything about CGC production, it'll be longer.

The OP stated: "My first thought was the flying monkey for WOZ but that was announced in 2018. Maybe it didn't ship until 2019?". So it's hard to know what the parameters are. The Upgrade kits were announced in 2019. Anyway, I'd vote for it.

#8 4 years ago

Star Wars topper hands down! A 2 1/2 year wait for some ridiculously overpriced garbage

#9 4 years ago

Pinshakers universal shaker kit.

#10 4 years ago

The one from that dude that copied that one from the other guy and everyone was pissed. The best.

#11 4 years ago

Flipper Rebuild Kit!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Star Wars topper hands down! A 2 1/2 year wait for some ridiculously overpriced garbage

Not a mod. Toppers have their own category!

#14 4 years ago

I'm hoping to get some votes for my "Deluxe Speaker Light Kit".

I came up with the idea and design of the pinball Speaker Light Kit in 2012 (along with their easy drop in, acrylic designs).....no TWIPY or award nominations back then. They were shown off at Pinball Expo 2012 in mid October and were being sent out to customers a couple of weeks later. They covered over 6 years of Stern games at launch.

Since then I have expanded, both forward to cover current games and back to cover most of the Sega and Data East games from the past. When SPIKE 2 rolled out, I didn't just stick one of my old light frames in them and call it a day. I went to work redesigning and rethinking things for the new SPIKE 2 system games to make them look their best.

I think my Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits would have been a good nomination last year, but with me coming up with the whole RGB pinball speaker light kit idea way back in 2012....the excitement of something new had faded. As that may be, I hope people will consider nominating my "Deluxe Speaker Light Kit" for 2019 as both the Deluxe and Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits were both introduced and rolled out this year (Deluxe May 01, 19) and (Deluxe 5.25" October 01, 19).

So this year I have introduced my Deluxe (and Deluxe 5.25") Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games. I didn't invent the technology that these use, but I did come up with the entire idea of an RGB pinball Speaker Light Kit back in 2012, I also designed the frames that make them possible, incorporated the addressable LEDs that make them "Deluxe" and made them available in an easy to install, ready to go kit.

As someone that has conceived, been designing, making and evolving these for over 7 years, a write-in nomination votes would be appreciated. The TWIPY write-in nomination votes can be done here:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-pre-voting-open-now/?fbclid=IwAR2AOLx_sSxJYinTN-iLp4_mt0RNncUwJzyh3OfaLPLDcBZ6YZ06kUjs6Ww

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#15 4 years ago

Well, I’m biased, i vote our interactive Wonkavator. Appreciate every/anyone’s support.

261764F3-63BE-4D3B-8A8A-DA887F13F67B (resized).jpeg261764F3-63BE-4D3B-8A8A-DA887F13F67B (resized).jpeg
    #16 4 years ago

I’m a fan of ForceFlow myself.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from VillaThrills:

Pinballj’s JJP POTC chest open and close mod. Hands down best mod I put in this year. Just not a lot of people have a POTC to vote for it.

Yeah, it is the best mod this past year (and Pinballj didn't even make money on it, but released it as a DIY initially), but it will probably fall short for the same reason jjPotC didn't win "Best Music" last year when it was the best music by a MILE. Just not enough people were exposed to the game before the voting to vote for it.

#18 4 years ago

The one I havent shown you!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from VillaThrills:

I was going to say this. This one is a must have for any JJP Pirates owner.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I was going to say this. This one is a must have for any JJP Pirates owner.

Does it interact with gameplay? JJP had it in and then got rid of it correct? So is a lock ball or something? Sorry I only played JJPOTC a few times and not an LE.

#21 4 years ago

Does it interact with gameplay? JJP had it in and then got rid of it correct? So is a lock ball or something? Sorry I only played JJPOTC a few times and not an LE.

Yes .. lid opens and closes when ball is locked

#22 4 years ago

Pin shakers for the win

#23 4 years ago

The clear answer is the Stern Jurassic Park amber shooter knob

Stern JP amber shooter (resized).pngStern JP amber shooter (resized).png
    #24 4 years ago

JJPs was a mechanical open-close attached to the forks that pop up and down. Ultimately the slamming up and down was too rough on the lid and it caused problems (I assume with breakage).

The mod version is a servo-run open and close, triggered with an added switch on the mechanical fork mech. It's much gentler on the trunk lid and should last a long time. Probably what JJP should have gone with in the first place. VERY cool mod that works great in the context of the game.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

The clear answer is the Stern Jurassic Park amber shooter knob[quoted image]

Poor design. There's no innovation there. Almost as lazy as the Wonka CE topper.

#26 4 years ago

I miss the innovation like those MMr slingshot repair kits from 2016.

#27 4 years ago

crotchless g strings

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Poor design. There's no innovation there. Almost as lazy as the Wonka CE topper.

Nothing is as lazy as Wonka CE topper .....

#29 4 years ago

That open close chest is really cool. I ultimately sold my pirates bc it's just too chaotic with overlapping everything but damn that mod would be a must if I had it.

Just watched a video of it in action. It's absolutely staggering to see how loaded pirates was and then jjp gives us Wonka....

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

crotchless g strings

Not much to them.

#31 4 years ago

Mezel's factory mod for Wonka gets my vote.

#32 4 years ago

Absolutely the POTC chest mod. It is amazing in my game to this day. solid design and fully interactive. Absolutely the best mod I’ve ever installed

#33 4 years ago

I think the woz monkey is the best overall in design and detail. The potc chest mod.is good but it was supposed to do that from factory(a different way tho). Plus it really wasn't sold as a mod but more as a do it yourself type. Also the pinshaker is well done with the simplicity and lots of options for functionality. The pin woofer speaker and amp kits are nicely done too.

#34 4 years ago

You said knob

New-Beavis-and-Butthead-Movie (resized).pngNew-Beavis-and-Butthead-Movie (resized).png
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I think the woz monkey is the best overall in design and detail. The potc chest mod.is good but it was supposed to do that from factory(a different way tho). Plus it really wasn't sold as a mod but more as a do it yourself type. Also the pinshaker is well done with the simplicity and lots of options for functionality. The pin woofer speaker and amp kits are nicely done too.

Shouldn’t it be new mods released this year? Monkey mod was last year https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/26#post-4426389

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Correction: the POTC chest mod is sold as a full, very clean package that also includes an optional lighting component which interacts with the game and pulses like a heartbeat. It’s pretty badass.

Pinshaker is well thought out too, and a huge improvement over the rather sad Pinsound offering we’ve been hoping for over the last 3 years.

#37 4 years ago

I'm thinking Vic's [@vireland] Insert/Mode Color Brackets should be in the running!
    A great idea, very well implemented, with outstanding results + a super easy install & very reasonable pricing !

3 months later
    #38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I'm thinking Vic's [@vireland] Insert/Mode Color Brackets should be in the running!
    A great idea, very well implemented, with outstanding results + a super easy install & very reasonable pricing !

You have a picture of this?

#40 4 years ago

I enjoyed following this thread for a Barbasol can mod for Stern JP and I don't own the game. flashinstinct has been great to make sure that what people received met his level of expectation after a number of shipping issues. If I ever pick one of these games up its the first thing that will go in it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod

#41 4 years ago

Wow, the way the search results display is ugly. I need to fix that some time.

Thanks for the recommendation!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely the POTC chest mod. It is amazing in my game to this day. solid design and fully interactive. Absolutely the best mod I’ve ever installed

who makes the POTC chest mod?

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

who makes the POTC chest mod?

It was designed and developed by a number of Pinsiders who worked together and improved upon each others’ designs, but it is currently sold by the Pinball Mod company:

https://pinballmods.co/PinballJs-actuated-chest-mod-JJP-POTC

Click on the “videos” tab to see in action

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

The clear answer is the Stern Jurassic Park amber shooter knob[quoted image]

That was our inspiration for our Lighted Shooter Rod Plate Cover that fits all games with rectangle shooter plate. In RGB with remote and 7 colors.

0301201915c_resized (resized).jpg0301201915c_resized (resized).jpg0302201809c_resized (resized).jpg0302201809c_resized (resized).jpg0304201719_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0304201719_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0304201733_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0304201733_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0306201626a_resized (resized).jpg0306201626a_resized (resized).jpg0308201755a_resized (resized).jpg0308201755a_resized (resized).jpglighted shooter rod cover iron man close (resized).jpglighted shooter rod cover iron man close (resized).jpglighted shooter rod cover twilight zone (resized).jpglighted shooter rod cover twilight zone (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago

Our Hologram topper won best new mod at the 2019 Chicago show.

pinball expo (resized).jpgpinball expo (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago

I'm always impressed by the creativity of the pinball community as they come up with some amazing stuff. This year my vote would go to the POTC chest mod

2 weeks later
    #47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Our Hologram topper won best new mod at the 2019 Chicago show.[quoted image]

Have you abandoned this product and your customers?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mod-of-2019?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.