You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best mod EVER!”

• The best mod EVER! 11 votes
    20%
  • Mods are not what pinball is about. 6 votes
    11%
  • Mods destroy the integrity, spoil the layers of smoke and spilled beer on these precious treasures. Keep yer' pin-patina REAL! This way you can sell your game as a real antique! 7 votes
    13%
  • Googly eyes go great on ANYTHING! 30 votes
    56%

(54 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0403[1].JPG
image.jpg
IMG_3839.JPG
IMG_3836.JPG
IMG_6537.JPG
10848042_10152887660442744_3062142079887568494_n.jpg
IMG_3835.JPG
IMG_3834.JPG
image.jpg
googlyface.jpg
image-212.jpg
image-37.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3684.JPG
IMG_3683.JPG
image_2.jpeg
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

That's not the best mod EVER, this is:

v8chainsaw.jpgv8chainsaw.jpg
#52 9 years ago

Those buzzers are Leatherface approved!

C'mon... Halloween is almost here.

leatherface.pngleatherface.png
#53 9 years ago

This is still one of my favs:

58630.jpg58630.jpg

I like how T-Rex goes from menacing looking to smiling just by putting on a Santa hat.

I'm hoping someone will mod their T-Rex with nerd glasses, braces, and a pocket protector & shirt.

BTW, I REGRET selling my JP now...

#54 9 years ago

Hey, that's MY Rex, Chompy. I actually didnt put the Santa hat on him last year, but might this year if I can get the darn thing running again. The goat probably needs one too.
Now I'm wondering how Chompy would look with googly eyes...

#57 9 years ago

Hey, you should put a red nose on that goat!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Hey, you should put a red nose on that goat!

thats what she said.jpgthats what she said.jpg
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

thats what she said.jpg 15 KB

BIT.jpgBIT.jpg

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Hey, that's MY Rex, Chompy. I actually didnt put the Santa hat on him last year, but might this year if I can get the darn thing running again.

You can do it! 2 wires, 3 screws & a hour fumbling around with leaf switches, and Chompy comes alive.
easy-mkay-meme-generator-it-s-easy-mkay-e60ce3.jpgeasy-mkay-meme-generator-it-s-easy-mkay-e60ce3.jpg

#61 9 years ago

Chompy isnt the problem. The main problem is that I still have the CPU completely out of it. Lol.

#62 9 years ago

Where's the goat?
wheres-the-goat.jpgwheres-the-goat.jpg

There he is!

Hopefully you get that thing fixed in time for xmas.

jurassic-park-barney.jpgjurassic-park-barney.jpg

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Its Funny how some people are ......

Quoted from Monarca1091:

Here a special thought just for you from Phoenix to Tucson ....with love .....

image-437.jpg 19 KB

Shady: Telling me over the phone twice that your MET Pro is mint, like it just came out of the box. A fellow Pinsider and I drive 2 hours to pick up the pin, and then you deny you knew about the screw holes and splintered wood on the top of the backbox, saying that the previous owner must have put a topper on it and you have never seen that before.

You forgot to remove an older Pinside image of the pin at your house with a topper on it....

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Slim-Shady: Telling me over the phone the day before a fellow Pinsider and I pickup the pin that it is in 100% working order. Upon arrival I play :30 of the first ball and the pin signals a drained ball even though a ball is in play. You tell us that the problem happened when you upgraded the code previously and all I need to do is reinstall the code and it will fix the issue.

Both were problems you knew about prior to either of our phone conversations, but kept them from me anyways hoping I would buy the pin despite the issues. I am sure you have had lots of good interactions with people when selling your pins. This was not one of them.

#64 9 years ago

Okay, what the freak did that have to do with the thread...

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nothing, but needed to follow up from comments in this thread. Back to "The Best Mod Ever"!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

You forgot to remove an older Pinside image of the pin at your house with a topper on it....

Hahahahaha. Thumbs up for you. Now back to our regularly-scheduled program...

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Shady: Telling me over the phone twice that your MET Pro is mint, like it just came out of the box. A fellow Pinsider and I drive 2 hours to pick up the pin, and then you deny you knew about the screw holes and splintered wood on the top of the backbox, saying that the previous owner must have put a topper on it and you have never seen that before.

Slim-Shady: Telling me over the phone the day before a fellow Pinsider and I pickup the pin that it is in 100% working order. Upon arrival I play :30 of the first ball and the pin signals a drained ball even though a ball is in play. You tell us that the problem happened when you upgraded the code previously and all I need to do is reinstall the code and it will fix the issue.
Both were problems you knew about prior to either of our phone conversations, but kept them from me anyways hoping I would buy the pin despite the issues. I am sure you have had lots of good interactions with people when selling your pins. This was not one of them.

photo.JPG 101 KB

Wow, sounds like to avoid this guy then. That's the kind a crap people complain about is dishonest sellers.

Anyways the best mods are ones that don't block ball view. I like the MDM displays that pinsider Sparky does.

#68 9 years ago

That shady person paul is talking about its me ....the pinball worked perfectly and but the day he came down it had a small issue took him about 30 minutes to look under the playfield to fix the problem , he dropped the balls to the floor by mistake , thinking he had a clue on how to fix a pinball, but he said he will fix it because it doesn't look like is a major problem , but then saw a scratch ( not splinted wood or imaginary screw holes ) on the top of the backbox and said he didn't wanted it after he had paid me 4k for it ....I said if he doesn't feel confident about his buy I will gladly return his money which I did .....and after we played a few of my pins and talked ....I even tolled Paul that I will invite him to my next pinsiders get together . But thank god I found how this person really is ....in this hobby there's good fun people but time to time you run like people like this .....a few days ago I had a small get toghether and the Metallica never gave a problem , but I guess I'm the first person that ever had this problem , that when you try to sell a machine the machine gives a problem the day of the sale .....but here's the catch he said that if I would take a lower price for the pin because it did have those problems and he would buy it only if he could get it for a lower price ....so I said no because I had it for 4300 and dropped it to 4k because he was a friend of a friend ..... And as soon as he left fixed the problem 1hr later ( it takes a lot of patience to locate the problems in a pinball, but some people don't really know anything about them . ) , it was a sensor where the balls rest that wasn't aligned and was triggering the sensor .... Send me a message on pinside asking me if I fixed the problem and I answered yes I did and I also sold it for 4500 .....after that I became slim shady .....

image-825.jpgimage-825.jpg

#69 9 years ago

#70 9 years ago

So does that make me a bad guy ? To his eyes the worst ....
But there's people that think very different of me .....
And to bad for me because I lost paul rose as a friend how can I continue my life ? .....

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Exactly...... he could have send me a private massage letting me know how he really feels toward me , but wanted to make it public, so let people hear both sides of the story and let them decide ....

#72 9 years ago

nod wink maria.gifnod wink maria.gif
#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

That shady person paul is talking about its me ....the pinball worked perfectly and but the day he came down it had a small issue took him about 30 minutes to look under the playfield to fix the problem , he dropped the balls to the floor by mistake , thinking he had a clue on how to fix a pinball, but he said he will fix it because it doesn't look like is a major problem , but then saw a scratch ( not splinted wood or imaginary screw holes ) on the top of the backbox and said he didn't wanted it after he had paid me 4k for it ....I said if he doesn't feel confident about his buy I will gladly return his money which I did .....and after we played a few of my pins and talked ....I even tolled Paul that I will invite him to my next pinsiders get together . But thank god I found how this person really is ....in this hobby there's good fun people but time to time you run like people like this .....a few days ago I had a small get toghether and the Metallica never gave a problem , but I guess I'm the first person that ever had this problem , that when you try to sell a machine the machine gives a problem the day of the sale .....but here's the catch he said that if I would take a lower price for the pin because it did have those problems and he would buy it only if he could get it for a lower price ....so I said no because I had it for 4300 and dropped it to 4k because he was a friend of a friend ..... And as soon as he left fixed the problem 1hr later ( it takes a lot of patience to locate the problems in a pinball, but some people don't really know anything about them . ) , it was a sensor where the balls rest that wasn't aligned and was triggering the sensor .... Send me a message on pinside asking me if I fixed the problem and I answered yes I did and I also sold it for 4500 .....after that I became slim shady .....

image-825.jpg 16 KB

I don't like getting involved in other people's deals, but I want to chime in here.

I was going to Phoenix for a business trip and posted a thread asking where are some good places to play pinball in Phoenix. Monarca1091 sent me a message and invited me, a total stranger, over to his house to play his pins. He was a super nice guy with a great collection. Metallica is my favorite pin and I played it a bunch while I was there and didn't have any issues with it. He invited me to come back in a couple days to play some more and he invited a bunch of local pinsiders over to join us, payed for pizza and beer and we all had a great time. That Metallica got played all night, nobody had an issue with it. From the best I can figure, this was just a couple days before you came and looked at it. What happened with the sale is between you guys but I will say that Monarca1091 is one of the nicest people I've met in pinball and I do not believe he intentionally wasted your time. It sucks that you drove all that way and didn't end up getting the deal you wanted and it sucks for him that the switch went out of alignment while you were there but that's Pinball, suck it up. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you can bash the guy on a public forum and call him Shady. Shit happens. If it wasn't for the cost of shipping from AZ to NY I would have bought that Metallica from him. His games are in top notch condition and I would buy a pin from him without any hesitation.

And this is the best mod ever, but I'm slightly biased
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#74 9 years ago

Yo NextoPin!

I used to rock the Wh2o, Cyclone, Fire, Gilligan's Island and TaF down at Hungry Charley's (when the action was downstairs) every day that I could! I wish I was the pinball player then that I am now. My initials would be all over those games! The bowling alleys on Erie Boulevard always had decks, but other than a few dorms, pinball was dead after 1984 in that whole area.

Where do you go to play pinball in my hometown today? The worst and the best thing about Syracuse, NY... it never changes.

#75 9 years ago

It's still pretty dead, but we are working on it. Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/cnypinball/ to see what's going on in the 'Cuse.

Send me a message if you come to town and we'll play some pins

#76 9 years ago

Just got the "eyes" ! Gonna put them on my Creature poster! (on the glass, of course...)

IMG_3683.JPGIMG_3683.JPG IMG_3684.JPGIMG_3684.JPG
#77 9 years ago

I'm on that Facecrack group already. It looks like tAN pinball is well known there. If you ever are in the square state, hit me up. I'll give you the tour.

#78 9 years ago

I can't go to Colorado, I would never come back.

#79 9 years ago

I am evidence of that. You are welcome any time.

#80 9 years ago

You wouldn't happen to own a huge company needing an IT guy, would you?

#81 9 years ago

All from the 1up Colfax. The Googley artiste strikes again!

And no, it wasn't me.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-37.jpgimage-37.jpg image-212.jpgimage-212.jpg
#82 9 years ago

I thought this was a fun thing to do with your pinball art. Turns out it's much more than that. Is it some sort of meme? I found there was a SNL sketch called the googley eye gardner, is that where this all started.

Do a google image search for googly eyes, it's insane.

googlyface.jpggooglyface.jpg

#83 9 years ago

Whoa! Surreal!

Halloween costume?

#86 9 years ago

Ok, I'm buying some.

#87 9 years ago

An interesting variant spotted at Lyons Classic Pinball. Looks like someone let the Hoff into the liquor cabinet again!

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 month later
#88 9 years ago

Had to do The Time Machine! I'm STILL having fun with these!

IMG_3834.JPGIMG_3834.JPG IMG_3835.JPGIMG_3835.JPG
#89 9 years ago

Those eyes are everywhere

10848042_10152887660442744_3062142079887568494_n.jpg10848042_10152887660442744_3062142079887568494_n.jpg
#90 9 years ago

The snail got some coffee...

IMG_6537.JPGIMG_6537.JPG
#91 9 years ago

Oh gee...I think I can do my Tarantula poster!

#92 9 years ago

IMG_3836.JPGIMG_3836.JPG IMG_3839.JPGIMG_3839.JPG
#93 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The snail got some coffee..

About time , that snail cannot live on LSD alone .

#94 9 years ago

His neighbor got the treatment too.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#95 9 years ago

Ho! Ho! Ho!

IMG_0403[1].JPGIMG_0403[1].JPG
#96 9 years ago

Damn, I just love them eyes! I snuck into a friends office and put some on a picture of his kids looking at him. Nothing for 2 days....THEN, one day I hear coughing...and laughing...and coughing...I run in and find coffee on the desk...he just spotted it! More! More! I need more!!

#97 9 years ago

they're great.. but they need to be magnetic with a 70-80 rpm gear motor and magnet hidden behind them so they look or roll around, or a pendulum type action maybe? its just not a mod (yet) until electricity-motors-gears-magnets-and-lights are involved! one little electromagnet between them to make them go crosseyed.. oh yeah..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mod-ever/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.