26%
  • Shrek 7 votes
    5%
  • Whitewater 26 votes
    18%
  • Wizard of Oz 10 votes
    7%

(147 votes)

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Having had TSPP now for a whole week , I was trying to think of a better example of use of a mini playfield (as opposed to raised playfield) incorporated into the main game.
Off the top of my head I came up with ACDC, Black Hole, Family Guy, Shadow, Shrek, TZ, WH20 & WOZ.
What's your thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

TZ isn't in your poll and Family Guy/Shrek are identicle
TZ for me. Magna Flip!

#3 10 years ago

Swords of Fury

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

TZ isn't in your poll and Family Guy/Shrek are identicle TZ for me. Magna Flip!

How did you miss tz??? I agree magnaflip!

#5 10 years ago

I like the Judge Dredd upper half... It's one level, but it feels like a separate playfield....

#6 10 years ago

Where are IJ, TZ, SOF?

#7 10 years ago

TZ has to be on the list....since it's most likely the best

#8 10 years ago

Not sure what happened with the poll. I definitely put TZ and TSPP on there. Can't figure out how to edit it now either.

Didn't include IJ as the game plays with it being disabled, so it's not really fully incorporated into the game. Try playing TSPP or WH20 without the mini playfield

#9 10 years ago

How about Popeye?

#10 10 years ago

Opened it to vote for TZ, voted for Shadow instead since it's not on there.

#11 10 years ago

How about Elektra? Sorry...

#12 10 years ago

WWF RR... Hands down!!

#13 10 years ago

best TZ, Worst Shadow

#14 10 years ago

You forgot the actual best TZ. Also Stewie mini pinball is pretty cool.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

WWF RR... Hands down!!

Yes.

#16 10 years ago

How about WPT? The way the ball launches onto it every time. means it gets used a lot more than most others.

#17 10 years ago

This list is incomplete.

#18 10 years ago

If someone wants to tell me how to edit the poll I'll happily add TZ and TSPP, as that was my intention when origianlly posting.
However there can only be 9 (maybe 10) options on a poll so it is never going to be a "complete" list of all tables with mini playfields

#19 10 years ago

Of those listed, it's easily FG for me. Though if TZ was thrown up there it'd be a bit more difficult for me to choose.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

TZ has to be on the list....since it's most likely the best

+1
TSPP is pretty good also

#22 10 years ago

TZ is at the top, as is WH02. Shadow can just be frustrating.

#23 10 years ago

WWFRR gets my vote and Shadow is only frustrating because of how little you get rewarded for beating it.

#24 10 years ago

Spirit, Haunted House, Banzai Run, Flash Gordon, Black Knight & BK2K also not mentioned.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

TZ isn't in your poll and Family Guy/Shrek are identicle
TZ for me. Magna Flip!

Yep, bad poll. Twilight Zone's mini playfield hasn't been beat yet.

#26 10 years ago

lightning, pharoah, bk2k...so many good ones missed.

#27 10 years ago

I think you all have forgotten the "Transforming" mini playfield in Transformers LE!!!

Hang your heads in shame!

#28 10 years ago

Swords of Fury

#29 10 years ago

the path of adventure on IJ

#30 10 years ago

TZ gets my vote. Otherwise I like Black Hole.

#31 10 years ago

Missing TZ on here as well. It would likely have gotten my vote. Magnaflip is awesome -- beat the power!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

How about WPT? The way the ball launches onto it every time. means it gets used a lot more than most others.

Not only that, it integrates well with the rest of the game rules. For example, building up the hurry-up bonus by *avoiding* the drain hole, and then making the hurry-up score shot quickly before the value counts down. Making the far left cave to light the random award VUK is easy but necessary. And the "jail" shot for the MB is cool--often it is best to *avoid* the locked ball until you start another MB so you can stack them.

Getting to the mini-pf on WPT is also great. One of the 2 ways can score a ball lock and/or a random award, plus it avoids the ramp. The other way is by a ramp, which advances the holdem hand. Sometimes you want to advance the hand, sometimes you don't, so there's even strategy in getting to the mini-pf here.

The only thing I don't like is the 3 white standups all score the same, no differentiation between them. If you had to hit all 3 to advance the hurry-up bonus, that would be cool (with a slower countdown to compensate for the increased difficulty).

And the WPT pf plays really well. The mini-flippers have a standard gap so it feels like regular pinball but much quicker. The others listed in the poll mostly have gimmicks (that can be cool), but WPT is one of the few 'regular' mini-pfs. (As is ACDC.)

#33 10 years ago

Shadow is definitely the fastest, best mini playfield. TZ is alright, but it's not nearly as fast and furious an experience. Also, as a fan of the movie, the Shadow mini playfield is VERY well-integrated with what it is supposed to represent (the smashing mirrors).

#34 10 years ago

I voted Shadow but TZ is my favorite

#37 10 years ago

Where is Haunted House ?

In my oponion Haunted House (2 great mini-playfield) and Black Hole are by far the best mini-playfield.

#38 10 years ago

Shadow is pretty darn good.
But the reverse slope and lots to do on Black Hole makes it the best.

#39 10 years ago

I picked FGY , but if TZ was an option , TZ it Would be !! I Miss mine !!

#40 10 years ago

I have owned TZ, WPT, etc, and the lower playfield on HH is my favorite. Just works really well and has some great challenges.

#41 10 years ago

What about the path of the dead in LOTR?

#42 10 years ago

I voted Black Hole because for its size it's packed. Two banks of drops, a pop, an orbit and a lock? There are full size games without as much to do.

I don't understand all the love for Twilight Zone's. It's pretty random and there's one thing to do. Sure it's a cool gimmick, but "Best Mini Playfield" ever? Seriously?

Second place for me would have been Shadow.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

What about the path of the dead in LOTR?

Only when you can shake the ball out of the usual path, catch it on a flipper, and laugh all the way to the soul bank.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I voted Black Hole because for its size it's packed. Two banks of drops, a pop, an orbit and a lock? There are full size games without as much to do

predator to name one.. : ) Sorry I couldn’t help myself

#45 10 years ago

I'd like to say TZ because of the uniqueness but I'll go with BK2K(if considered a mini) simply because that's where it all goes down.

#46 10 years ago

Id say WPT. Its used all throughout the game. and a easy way for multiball.

#47 10 years ago

Not sure I'd call Whitewater a mini-playfield, more of an upper-playfield, like Black Knight, Pharoah,
BK2K, etc..
Family Guy has a great true mini-PF, but on your list, I have to vote Black Hole.

#48 10 years ago

TSPP and Shadow are my favorites!!

#49 10 years ago

I own WH2O, BH, and TZ, but I'd have to say FG/Shrek as it has the most shots and overall novelty.

BH is a close second, TZ wins for innovation. WH2O, while beautifully integrated into the design, has only two shots (not counting the other ramps that snake past Bigfoot, and his diverter).

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Predator to name one.. : ) Sorry I couldn’t help myself

That's actually kind of funny. Touche'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-mini-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.