(Topic ID: 292548)

Best method to "see" under pf?

By ravve

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Troubleshooting a ball that gets stuck in the subway under the playfield, on my ST:TNG.
I find it difficult to know where exactly the ball gets stuck - this is since when I am raising the playfield to locate where the ball is, the ball is naturally changing location in the subway due to the pf incline, making it hard to tell where it actually was stuck.

Any one with tips on how to best troubleshoot this kind of stuff? Filming under the playfield perhaps with a cellular?

I am considering of heating or cooling a ball and then using my thermal camera to easier locate it (filming under the playfield or something like that).

How do u guys do?

#2 2 years ago

2 iPhones with FaceTime?

#3 2 years ago

I had a similar issue a few months back that was driving me nuts. When the ball got stuck I ended up shutting the game off and since I knew what subway it was in, slowly lift the playfield up until I could hear it start rolling back. It helped me pinpoint at least the general area where the ball was hanging up to see what was in the way.

#4 2 years ago

It’s could be where the subway ramp meets a metal scoop, and most likely the lower one at the end of travel. Check if that scoop is loose and tighten screws if needed.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

2 iPhones with FaceTime?

Not even that. Take one phone on video mode and let it record in the cabinet while playing.

Review the tape after.

#6 2 years ago

Just reach in and take a picture. You know where the subway is, it shouldn't take more than two pics to figure it out.

You guys make everything so hard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-metod-to-see-under-pf?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.