Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'm a huge fan of medieval games. Some people love space, I love knights, wizards, dragons, etc. (Although I do love space as well. I will have a space station one day.)

So with that being said, what do you guys consider the best games of this theme?

#2 6 years ago

#2 on Pinside 100

#3 6 years ago

MM
    BK
    BK2K
    DnD (never played it personally)

#4 6 years ago

#sorcerer, Catacomb, and Swords of Fury are a few others to add to the list.

#5 6 years ago

GORGAR!! It is quintessentially ADnD. A barbarian, with an enchanted helm and sword, rescuing a maiden from the layer of a demon. Brutal. Lost world has some great medieval / fantasy art also. Paragon includes a great Greek mythological approach.

#6 6 years ago

Gorgar is a classic, but it's a bit of a snooze-fest if I'm being honest. You can play it like a shooter's game though, so it's got that going for it.

I *really* like Bally's Dungeon's & Dragons. I don't know why. By all accounts, it should be a terrible game, but to me it's great. Interesting shots, cool but also terrible music that I like for some reason, terrible sound effects that are somehow good, wizards teleporting shit, weird ball saves, stupidly shaped cabinet; it's just a beautiful mess. It's not an easy game to find, but it's a treat to play.

#7 6 years ago

The best one of all time is of course Medieval Maddness. Not easy to come by cheap. You could purchase and trade to get one. This is how I did it.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Bally's Dungeon's & Dragons

There is one near me at the museum of pinball that hasnt worked in quite awhile. Its the only one I have ever seen and I am really looking forward to playing it. We are going to try to get it up and running before Arcade Expo. I was a huge D&D fan, and a fan of bally pins from that era.

#9 6 years ago

Mediëval Castle

#10 6 years ago

I suggest not asking about the "BEST" because it will just limit your pinball experience.

SOF is a fun system 11 game. Big Guns is one not mentioned but not a favorite of mine. Excalibur is another one that is fun.

#11 6 years ago

Another vote for Sorcerer! Beautiful backglass and playfield, and a very fun game (you’ll be done with it in three or four days, naturally). Plus it has a great 80s D&D vibe.

#12 6 years ago

Sorcerer has one of my favorite backglasses!

#13 6 years ago

Grand Lizard, Big Guns... as other have said, Swords of Fury and Sorcerer... and of course, Medieval Madness.

#14 6 years ago

Bally's Dungeons and Dragons. Lots of fun... I find I gravitate towards it in my lineup more than I would have expected (includes DW and IJ!)

#15 6 years ago

Are we allowed to say the "L" word in this thread?

#16 6 years ago

Medieval Madness is an outstanding game! You mentioned: Knights, Wizards, and Dragons.

- Knights joust during orbit shots and sword fight in the Pops
    - Merlin the wizard awards items like extra ball, locks, points from the saucer
    - There’s a dragon on the playfield, though its under utilized in game play. The right ramp triggers some dragon breath and frizzes damsel hair

Plus!

- Catapult to shoot boulders at a castle, plus other stuff and farm critters that you can choose to launch, tied into the left ramp, it’s really cool
    - Castle, yep one that explodes not only on screen but physically on the play field after some center shots
    - Peasants to uprise, burn stuff up, riot, and complain, left ramp
    - Damsels to rescue when hitting that right ramp and blowing pass the dragon, also on screen as well as physically on the play field
    - Trolls! Friggin pop up Trolls to shoot, also on screen and physically on playfield

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Are we allowed to say the "L" word in this thread?

What Lord of the Rings? Oh, you mean that other "L" word....

#18 6 years ago

Lobbit?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-medievaldnd-type-games?hl=crosbyjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.