1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I'm a huge fan of medieval games. Some people love space, I love knights, wizards, dragons, etc. (Although I do love space as well. I will have a space station one day.)

So with that being said, what do you guys consider the best games of this theme?

#2 1 year ago

#2 on Pinside 100

#3 1 year ago

MM
    BK
    BK2K
    DnD (never played it personally)

#5 1 year ago

GORGAR!! It is quintessentially ADnD. A barbarian, with an enchanted helm and sword, rescuing a maiden from the layer of a demon. Brutal. Lost world has some great medieval / fantasy art also. Paragon includes a great Greek mythological approach.

#6 1 year ago

Gorgar is a classic, but it's a bit of a snooze-fest if I'm being honest. You can play it like a shooter's game though, so it's got that going for it.

I *really* like Bally's Dungeon's & Dragons. I don't know why. By all accounts, it should be a terrible game, but to me it's great. Interesting shots, cool but also terrible music that I like for some reason, terrible sound effects that are somehow good, wizards teleporting shit, weird ball saves, stupidly shaped cabinet; it's just a beautiful mess. It's not an easy game to find, but it's a treat to play.

#7 1 year ago

The best one of all time is of course Medieval Maddness. Not easy to come by cheap. You could purchase and trade to get one. This is how I did it.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Bally's Dungeon's & Dragons

There is one near me at the museum of pinball that hasnt worked in quite awhile. Its the only one I have ever seen and I am really looking forward to playing it. We are going to try to get it up and running before Arcade Expo. I was a huge D&D fan, and a fan of bally pins from that era.

#9 1 year ago

Mediëval Castle

#10 1 year ago

I suggest not asking about the "BEST" because it will just limit your pinball experience.

SOF is a fun system 11 game. Big Guns is one not mentioned but not a favorite of mine. Excalibur is another one that is fun.

#11 1 year ago

Another vote for Sorcerer! Beautiful backglass and playfield, and a very fun game (you’ll be done with it in three or four days, naturally). Plus it has a great 80s D&D vibe.

#12 1 year ago

Sorcerer has one of my favorite backglasses!

#13 1 year ago

Grand Lizard, Big Guns... as other have said, Swords of Fury and Sorcerer... and of course, Medieval Madness.

#14 1 year ago

Bally's Dungeons and Dragons. Lots of fun... I find I gravitate towards it in my lineup more than I would have expected (includes DW and IJ!)

#15 1 year ago

Are we allowed to say the "L" word in this thread?

#16 1 year ago

Medieval Madness is an outstanding game! You mentioned: Knights, Wizards, and Dragons.

- Knights joust during orbit shots and sword fight in the Pops
    - Merlin the wizard awards items like extra ball, locks, points from the saucer
    - There’s a dragon on the playfield, though its under utilized in game play. The right ramp triggers some dragon breath and frizzes damsel hair

Plus!

- Catapult to shoot boulders at a castle, plus other stuff and farm critters that you can choose to launch, tied into the left ramp, it’s really cool
    - Castle, yep one that explodes not only on screen but physically on the play field after some center shots
    - Peasants to uprise, burn stuff up, riot, and complain, left ramp
    - Damsels to rescue when hitting that right ramp and blowing pass the dragon, also on screen as well as physically on the play field
    - Trolls! Friggin pop up Trolls to shoot, also on screen and physically on playfield

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Are we allowed to say the "L" word in this thread?

What Lord of the Rings? Oh, you mean that other "L" word....

#18 1 year ago

Lobbit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 224.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 174.99
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside