Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slate
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I got this idea from the toy thread. I hope it's not a thread already. But what is the best (or your favorite) magnet trick.

TZ and AF have great magnet and TOM magic chest, but to me the single greatest magnet is in TOTAN where the ball is transported under the playfield. TOTAN has three different magnets.

I recall playing pins back in the day when I was a kid and they didn't have any toys or too may ramps or any magnets. Then I kind of didn't see a pin for 15 years. Then all the sudden I got into pins and saw all the toys and the magnet tricks were always so cool to me.

#2 11 years ago

Magna saves are cool, Pinball magic's wand, TAF all cool, but the TOTAN vanishing magnet blew me away first time I saw it go right down the bottle neck.

#3 11 years ago

BSD mist multiball gets it for me. LOTR has a nice one as well with the ring.

#4 11 years ago

BSD Mist Multiball, or the magna-save between the flippers on Goldeneye.

Later,
    EV

#5 11 years ago

Multiple spinning balls on Twister are cool, never played it myself, just saw a video...

#6 11 years ago

The ball kick up to the magnet in the data glove on JM is pretty cool. The sanctum ball lock on Shadow is pretty neat to see the first time too.

#7 11 years ago

Getaway Supercharger!

#8 11 years ago

TOTAN fireball and Genie magnet that lowers ball under the playfield are my favorite uses of magnets to date. Pinball Magic's wand is pretty cool as well.

#9 11 years ago

BSD...but I am partial. The MAGNA save on BK is super cool because you have control over when you want to use it...I think that it's a game changer.

#10 11 years ago

I played TOM for the first time at Allentown and was surprised at the Magic Box Ball Grab!
    I also saw something else that looked cool...not sure, but doesn't Big Bang Bar have magnet Alien Eye Sockets or something?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

but doesn't Big Bang Bar have magnet Alien Eye Sockets or something?

BOP? Not a magnet though...

#12 11 years ago

On SM during one of the Doc Ock multiball modes if you hit Doc a few times the magnet will catch the ball, Doc will elevate and the ball will be flung backwards into the vuk. That's a cool one!

#13 11 years ago

Orbitor 1 seems to have a fair share of magnets too, also TZ and TAF with the power.

Gotta like IM magnet action as well.

#14 11 years ago

I would have to say TOTAN

#15 11 years ago

I believe junkyard has magnet wrecking ball.

I have not seen SM or IM yet.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Orbitor 1 seems to have a fair share of magnets too

i thought it didn't have magnets?

BSD first thing i thought of.

#17 11 years ago

ToM...You can;t beat the magnasave when the ball is 1/2 way down the drain lane and it sucks it back out...

#18 11 years ago

shadow sanctum!

#19 11 years ago

BSD Mist Multiball is cool, but it's loud as hell. TAF and TZ have cool mags.

#20 11 years ago

Best one left out of a pin was the bar on BBB where you had to jump the ball from bar stool to bar stool. We got the tube dancer instead.

LTG

#21 11 years ago

Shadow Sanctum.

#22 11 years ago

I don;t think TZ are the "coolest" but they are the most functional.

#23 11 years ago

I've never played it, but I've always thought the multiball start of Lost in Space looked absolutely incredible:

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've never played it, but I've always thought the multiball start of Lost In Space looked absolutely incredible:

That is pretty cool indeed thanks for posting it. I've never played that one either.

#25 11 years ago

Hey!...that IS pretty darn cool!

#26 11 years ago

TZ- Magnetic Flippers.
    JM- Ball shoots up into hand.
    IM- War Machine
    TOM- Chest and Drain magnets
    Nascar- Magnets whipping ball around playfield

All are really cool.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've never played it, but I've always thought the multiball start of Lost In Space looked absolutely incredible:
    blockquote>

nice!

#29 11 years ago
    #30 11 years ago

CP playing jump rope with the ball was really cool the first time I saw it. Got too easy to master though.

TAF the power is always awesome, as is GnR under playfield magnets.

#31 11 years ago

Shadow sactum

#32 11 years ago

Mist multiball hands down. Amazing and wonderfully interactive.

I do love the disappearing ball in TOTAN as well.

#33 11 years ago

I'm a fan of any magnet feature, but Mist Multiball wins hands-down. I believe Gorgar was the first SS to use a magnet: "Me Gorgar...Me Got You!"

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

» YouTube video

I want to play that now!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I believe Gorgar was the first SS to use a magnet: "Me Gorgar...Me Got You!"

I remember that pin. Been telling customers for years there aren't magnets in the pinball machines and then motherluvin Williams goes and sticks one in. Shot op's reputations all to crap.

No convincing players we weren't cheating them after that.

LTG

#36 11 years ago

I hope its X-men! but for now I would say BSD and TOTAN

#37 11 years ago

No mentions of the CV Ringmaster? It's gotta be one of my faves.

Edit:

Sorry I am late to the party.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Blakesell said:Orbitor 1 seems to have a fair share of magnets too
    i thought it didn't have magnets?
    BSD first thing i thought of.

No magnets in Orbitor 1, very common to think they are.

Mist would get my vote as well, with honorable mentions to the Sanctum lock, the power on TAF, and the jump rope on CP!

#39 11 years ago

I thought the jump shot through the basket on NBA was pretty cool!

#40 11 years ago

Shadow Sanctum first, TZ mini pf and CP rope are tied for second.

#41 11 years ago

I've barely played BSD, but I thought of it immediately when I saw this thread.

#42 11 years ago

This is my favorite. That said, BSD looks pretty cool (haven't had the chance to play one).

#43 11 years ago

How about the Hoop shot on the Stern NBA? I know it is assisted up from the playfield by a kickout, but to see the the ball flicked up, held, and then dropped into the hoop is an amazing sight to see if you weren't expecting it.

The Sanctum ball capture on The Shadow is fascinating to watch too.

#45 11 years ago

Definately mist multiball from BSD..........

#46 11 years ago

Goldeneye Satelite catch and eject ball save between flippers are easily two of my favourite magnet features in the same pin.

#47 11 years ago

TOTAN is cool, TS sanctum is also neat but I'll never forget the first time I played against THE POWER!!!! TAF blew my mind. Thing was also great, but the power with those cool flasher and sound effects just did it for me.

TOM trunk always gets me too.

#48 11 years ago

TOM ball save feature gets my vote, love watching it come back from the dead.

#49 11 years ago

Ring Master on Cirqus Voltaire is what got me started in pinball. He traps the ball on his head, rises up from the playfield, insults me and then tosses the ball at me. I couldn't believe it. Also TOTAN disappearing ball and BSD Mist Multiball.

Anytime any of you Pinsiders are in Colorado and want to play a Lost In Space, look me up. I have a sweet HUO game and that multiball with sounds and light show is kick ass.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1099&parent=0

#50 11 years ago

We ought to crowd-source a compilation video of every pinball magnet trick ever. We just need 5-20 seconds of video from each game...I'm willing to edit them together if you guys are willing to take the vids. Who's with me? Let's go!

John

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-magnet-trick-on-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.