• Latest reply 10 years ago by Switch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0475.jpg
IMG192.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I've played No Fear quite a bit... you better like a lot of ramps cause that is mostly what it is. Quite different from most "open playfield" style designs. It wouldn't be my first choice, but not a bad game for the price you are likely to find one at.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Under 2k- World Poker Tour

WPT is going for less than $2k now ???

Yikes... I'm glad I dumped mine when I did....

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

WPT is going for less than $2k now ???
Yikes... I'm glad I dumped mine when I did....

For a routed example. HUO is still well in the 2's.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Says the guy with MM and AFM.

I fail to see how that makes my statement any less true? I paid full market for AFM and probably bought MM for a few K under market at the time. Are you saying i'm being hypocritical because i got the games through my only connection? Does my opinion not count since I own such awesome games?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

For a routed example. HUO is still well in the 2's.

Do you know where the one you sold went, Russ?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I fail to see how that makes my statement any less true? I paid full market for AFM and probably bought MM for a few K under market at the time. Are you saying i'm being hypocritical because i got the games through my only connection? Does my opinion not count since I own such awesome games?

It does not make your statement any less true. I was just giving you shit because you have the pair that most people will never own one of.

As far as my WPT. I bought it HUO from your connection. He was not the original owner because I almost bought it before he did. I believe it was down to $2000 at the time and was on for sale for quite a while. Don't pin me to the wall with that number but that is what I remember. I paid $2300 for it and was happy with that. He did most of the driving because he was coming this way. Very nice of him. I played it until I was bored with it and sold it to Tony for $2300.

Tony added mirror blades, LED's and so on. When he was tired of it He sold it to Josh for a price that I believe reflected the price he paid plus the upgrades. I believe Josh has since sold it but I am not sure. Where is it now? No idea, but if I ever see it again I could identify it due to some minor laws on the cabinet.

#58 10 years ago

Personally, I think Black Hole is gorgeous with extremely challenging play (getting to multiball is genuinely rare).

Added bonus to me is the lack of a cheesy movie or tv property attached to it.

Just find one that's had the grounding redone is all.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It does not make your statement any less true. I was just giving you shit because you have the pair that most people will never own one of.
As far as my WPT. I bought it HUO from your connection. He was not the original owner because I almost bought it before he did. I believe it was down to $2000 at the time and was on for sale for quite a while. Don't pin me to the wall with that number but that is what I remember. I paid $2300 for it and was happy with that. He did most of the driving because he was coming this way. Very nice of him. I played it until I was bored with it and sold it to Tony for $2300.
Tony added mirror blades, LED's and so on. When he was tired of it He sold it to Josh for a price that I believe reflected the price he paid plus the upgrades. I believe Josh has since sold it but I am not sure. Where is it now? No idea, but if I ever see it again I could identify it due to some minor laws on the cabinet.

I have used the same connection as you and dave and the guy wouldn't help me out with any deals... pretty much a jerk

Rusty is spot on with wpt.. mid2s for huo... sub 2 for routed...

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have used the same connection as you and dave and the guy wouldn't help me out with any deals... pretty much a jerk
Rusty is spot on with wpt.. mid2s for huo... sub 2 for routed...

That guy isn't so bad. Maybe one day he will have a FGY, Tron or even an AFM that I can buy.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That guy isn't so bad. Maybe one day he will have a FGY, Tron or even an AFM that I can buy.

Who hacked rusty's account... those don't sound like Ritchie games....

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Who hacked rusty's account... those don't sound like Ritchie games....

They are all right there on the wishlist. Back to the original intent of this thread, I think BSD is a great game in this price range. I hate the theme but wouldn't give up the game because I like the rules and scoring.

#63 10 years ago

Jackbot or doctor who are the two best games that are consistently in the 1400-1700 range

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

. I was just giving you shit because you have the pair that most people will never own one of.

Fair enough. All i had to do was fork over $13.5K.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

As far as my WPT. I bought it HUO from your connection. He was not the original owner because I almost bought it before he did.

thank you. i almost bought it from Mike, also.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I believe Josh has since sold it but I am not sure. Where is it now?

jonogo?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#65 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Fair enough. All i had to do was fork over $13.5K.

thank you. i almost bought it from Mike, also.

jonogo?

For both? Nice deal.

Mike?

Yes, Jonogo. All part of the Jonogo Flow.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

For both? Nice deal.
Mike?
Yes, Jonogo. All part of the Jonogo Flow.

yes, for both. the afm was 6.5 and the mm 7. i almost walked out with just the mm but i figured "wtf" and took them both.

Mike is the guy tim bought the game from.

I'll have to check with jonogo to see if he knows where it is. thanks!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

yes, for both. the afm was 6.5 and the mm 7. i almost walked out with just the mm but i figured "wtf" and took them both.
Mike is the guy tim bought the game from.
I'll have to check with jonogo to see if he knows where it is. thanks!

Anytime you want to make an easy thousand.....I'll sign a certified Pinside no profit if I ever sell them document.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You aren't being fair, Dan. You run the MGC, everyone knows who you are and you have so many connections in this hobby it's ridiculous. If this were fishing, you'd be using dynamite and the rest of us noobs would be using a bare hook.

True, however I know more than a handful of people that do the same thing, and I think you'd be surprised by how rarely I use my MGC connection when it comes down to buying machines.

Of the 4 sub-$1k DMD machines I bought, two of them I found for sale on web sites without knowing the person selling them in any way, contacted them quickly, and made the deal. And for the record, I don't follow Craigslist or eBay for machines regularly.

It's like I have said time and time again, you have to be willing to wait as long as it takes for the machine to show up if you want a good deal, and / or not mind so much what the machine is.

The machines that I buy through my contacts with the MGC tend to be for market value - remember, there would be no point in giving me a discount at the MGC if they could bring it and sell it for the same price instead. The true difference is patience.

I will say though that whenever I think I'm done buying for a while, I have a bunch fall into my lap. I'm almost out of a "buy" list now entirely... which you'd think would make me slow down, no?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For many collectors, space is a much bigger concern than money. Your logic assumes that a person has an unlimited amount of room to devote to the hobby. Since most people are dealing with a finite amount of space, the whole "buy 3 for the price of 1" argument is only applicable while a person is initially building their collection. Once they run out of room, it's all about quality, not quantity. That's why a lot of collectors start off with games like TMNT, and eventually work their way up to MM.
I do agree, however, that Data East games are under appreciated by many, and offer a tremendous bang for the buck. I enjoy games like Tommy, LAH and TFTC just as much, if not more than a lot of the B/W stuff from that same era.

So true, wish i had more space to set-up games i have, but i haven't ...
So i have some in storage, eventualy i am letting them go because, my space is not going to get bigger
Shame i am on the other side of the pond, i have some Sys11 and DE machines that would fit just fine as stepping-stone in your collection ... for the money you like to spend

Cosmic Gunfight 1982 Williams System 7
Grand Lizard 1986 Williams System 11
JokerZ 1988 Williams System 11B (no translite )
Cyclone 1988 Williams System 11B
Tansporter The Rescue 1989 Williams System 11B
Rollerball 1990 Williams System 11C
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1991 Data East Version 3

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

True, however I know more than a handful of people that do the same thing, and I think you'd be surprised by how rarely I use my MGC connection when it comes down to buying machines.

Fair enough.

Quoted from goatdan:

It's like I have said time and time again, you have to be willing to wait as long as it takes for the machine to show up if you want a good deal

Patience? Why would anyone be patient? Every new high selling price is the new price. Just buy all the things.

I've been stuck at 4 machines for well over a year using the "just be patient" style of buying.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I've been stuck at 4 machines for well over a year using the "just be patient" style of buying.

We all wish we could go back in time and pull the trigger on something that we had previously passed on. I don't think anyone, even the veteran collectors, saw this kind of inflation coming. Just be thankful you weren't "patient" with MM and AFM ...

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Then you've gotta be quicker I landed one of my deals from your neck of the woods!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Jackbot or Doctor Who are the two best games that are consistently in the 1400-1700 range

+1 and +1 on these 2 pins. They are at the top of my list in the sub-2k category when the game room expansion project gets underway next spring!

1 month later
#74 10 years ago

As a long overdue followup, I've added a couple more machines... I found a Williams Fun Fest needing a little work (for less than $100, and I had it running the same day...still sorting out some small details). I also bought a Cue Ball Wizard-- not the most popular game, but it's one that holds a special place in my heart, as they had one in the campus center at my college and I shoveled hundreds of dollars worth of quarters into it when it was new. This week I picked up a Solar Ride from a fellow Pinsider... not the most fun game, but the price was fair, and it looks GREAT in the gameroom.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I also bought a Cue Ball Wizard-- not the most popular game, but it's one that holds a special place in my heart, as they had one in the campus center at my college and I shoveled hundreds of dollars worth of quarters into it when it was new.

I LOVE me some CBW! It definitely isn't a game that I play for the points, but for the sheer fun of what you can do with that Cue Ball and the playfield, it's awesome! Congrats!

#76 10 years ago

I bought a solar ride shell for 60 bux delivered to my house a couple of years ago. Here it is now:

IMAG0475.jpgIMAG0475.jpg

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I LOVE me some CBW! It definitely isn't a game that I play for the points, but for the sheer fun of what you can do with that Cue Ball and the playfield, it's awesome! Congrats!

Agreed. I think it's one of the most underrated and undervalued games of the era. No, it's not AFM or TAF, but it's better than most of the other games of that era... yet it gets consistently panned in reviews. My only complaint about it is the annoying voices.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

+1 and +1 on these 2 pins. They are at the top of my list in the sub-2k category when the game room expansion project gets underway next spring!

Can you find Dr. Who for less than 2k? Between the game quality and Dr. Who fans, it always seems to command more.

#79 10 years ago

I love Williams High Speed as a cheap step up from the EM machines. Great theme, great sound, and fun game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-machines-at-budget-price-points/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.