Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    C0E3E758-94FF-4225-B49A-4E1FB29EE4AE (resized).jpeg
    KB_kellube_05 (resized).jpg
    images-10 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Looking to buy some lube to get my spinners ripping. Can anyone make some recommendations on the proper lube to get?
    Here is what I was looking at:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lube-7ml-Precision-Oiler-Oil-with-Syncolon-PTFE-Lubricant-Per-Each-51010/202932717
    Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I would try the super lube you found!

The gel form works great on other pinball items, but would be a bit too viscous for a spinner. The low resistance carrier for the Teflon in that version seems to work great for me on other delicate projects.

I think that the little oiler tip on that smaller bottle will work well for your application.

Obviously, regardless of what you use, make sure your spinner wires are clean/smooth/straight/etc as well.

Certainly let us know how it worked out!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Astroglide or KY usually for a tight "spinner"

Of course we all know vdojaq was talking about one of these to keep him occupied

images-10 (resized).jpgimages-10 (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Tri-Flow squeeze bottle for me. I think Were all using/saying about the same thing. Use a petroleum based PTFE added low viscosity oil. I have been using Tri-Flow for years on the same spinners and there is no build up etc- so I can say it works and is clean. I am sure all the other stuff works well too!

I've used that tri-flow on other non pinball stuff and thought it was pretty good. I noticed if you use too much (like too big a drip and just leave it) it can leave a little (small amount) white residue. I'm wondering if it has a higher Teflon content or something (may be a good thing?).

I don't have my super lube products in front of me, but off hand, I was thinking those may be a silicone (not petroleum) base. Can't recall off hand...either way, just an observation. Both probably work very well in small quantity that would be needed.

I liked that OP had a link to super lube at a box store. I know harbor freight and ace hardware carry super lube products but unsure if they have the little tip one like that.

Is tri-flow sold in stores as well? I can't recall where I got mine, but thinking I ordered it.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad I saw this thread - I didn’t know this was a necessary thing for spinners! Perfect timing as I’m working on one right now..

Personally, I don't feel it's "necessary" and I almost never do unless it is staying a bit sluggish/sticky no mater what else I do, but some people want the extra spin etc.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems like it would be more fun if the spinner goes nuts. The one on my MB was so gunked up the ball wouldnbrick on it almost every time. New decal, new lube! I wonder if it would reflect light from a spotlight well?

I hear you. And, and I agree, certainly ripping that spinner is fun!

I typically have seen more reasons why it doesnt free spin due to exactly that; being gunked up, etc. Straight, unworn, cleaned well, etc seem to do pretty well and if you want super action above that a drop of lubricant probably doesnt hurt. But if it isn't spinning pretty free to start, there are other issues that oozing more oil over won't cure (in general I mean, not your MB per say).

I actually always wondered if the lubricant would just wind up attracting more dirt and grime, but it is such a tiny amount, it probably isn't all that significant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-lube-for-spinners?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.