Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0.jpg
    ASTEROID_ANNIE.jpg
    paragon.jpg
    IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    d6111102fc14a73cdf0a99fa062698c6347882.jpg
    5335863609_5b581cc2c3_o.jpg
    spectrum.jpg
    HH_backglass.jpg
    HH_lower_pf.jpg
    HH_overview.jpg
    image-37.jpg
    mucha28.jpg
    Cheetah_playfield_detail.jpg
    Cheetah_playfield.jpg
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago

+1 for Xenon.

I really like the look of Space Invaders too (infinity backglass)

#52 12 years ago

xenon, totan, cv.

I dq MM & MB because the cabinets are boring.

#53 12 years ago

I gotta got with TOTAN, love looking at it, always see something new, just amazing!

#55 12 years ago

I think Totan is taking it so far. I guess it should be no surprise.

#56 12 years ago

I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly think SWE1 is a great looking game.

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly think SWE1 is a great looking game.

Especially with RFM sitting side by side with SWE1.A true piece of pin history.

#58 12 years ago

And lets not forget the beauty of this beast!

HH_overview.jpgHH_overview.jpg HH_lower_pf.jpgHH_lower_pf.jpg HH_backglass.jpgHH_backglass.jpg

#59 12 years ago

HH is nice and BH is also nice i wish i would have take alot pics of my
    BH before i sold her that pin was really nice.I miss it

#60 12 years ago

Haunted House takes it. The most beautiful pin imho. Great spooky silkscreened backglass, great 3 level playfield with inverted celler. The most flippers on a pin 8, nice spooky music and artwork. Super widebody built like a friggin tank and almost as heavy. Nicely painted cabinet. Not sayin its the best pin, just the best looking.

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Haunted House takes it. The most beautiful pin imho. Great Spooky silkscreened backglass, great 3 level playfield with inverted celler. The most flippers on a pin 8, nice Spooky music and artwork. Super widebody built like a friggin tank and almost as heavy. Nicely painted cabinet. Not sayin its the best pin, just the best looking.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Simply can't wait to get mine all set up and working!!! (but I'm going to have to!!)

#62 12 years ago

My friend has a fully restored, clear coated TOTAN. I'm not sure I've ever seen a more beautiful pin. I'm also scared to play it, it's just to pretty

Some other ones that I'm partial to are:

Spectrum
    Centigrade 37
    Centaur
    Star Gazer
    Skateball

spectrum.jpgspectrum.jpg

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

guymontag451 said:

80s SS pins are king. Fathom, Paragon, Xenon, Medusa, Embryon, Etc. are all gorgeous hand drawn original and thoughtful artwork.

+1

It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I think a lot of folks opinions are influenced by their age - and when they played in the arcades. Yeah, I'm old - so the late 70's early 80's pins really do it for me. I've seen and played a lot of current titles, but when it comes to artwork, I still rank Paragon as #1. The backglass, playfield and plastics are beyond compare (IMHO). Sure, the cabinet isn't very complex - but for just three colors - it ain't all that bad.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I really like the look of Space Invaders too (infinity backglass)

Yep - I remember playing this back in the day. It wasn't a great machine to play, but it looked awesome.

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

and it looks even better when being played with the circulating lamps.

what are you talking about on the circulating lamps. Is there a way to make the lights in front change?

#66 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

what are you talking about on the circulating lamps. Is there a way to make the lights in front change?

Here's the infinity lights in action.

Space Invaders has the same feature.

#67 12 years ago

There are a lot of awesome pins...one thing I noticed is some pins look better with the room lights on or at least on low, while some look great with no lights on in the room at all.

Of my three, Mata Hari rocks in complete darkness.

Seawitch needs the lights on to make the off-center backglass look better. It's not so great in a darkened room.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5335863609_5b581cc2c3_o.jpg

5335863609_5b581cc2c3_o.jpg5335863609_5b581cc2c3_o.jpg d6111102fc14a73cdf0a99fa062698c6347882.jpgd6111102fc14a73cdf0a99fa062698c6347882.jpg

#68 12 years ago

I totally agree Mike!

IMG_1672.JPGIMG_1672.JPG IMG_1673.JPGIMG_1673.JPG IMG_1670.JPGIMG_1670.JPG

#69 12 years ago

Fathom just blows me away

#70 12 years ago

(Warrior kills the beast and saves the girl.What happens next?)

Is that what he's doing? I always thought he was just riding that thing. I guess that makes more sense.

paragon.jpgparagon.jpg

#71 12 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

(Warrior kills the beast and saves the girl.What happens next?)
    Is that what he's doing? I always thought he was just riding that thing. I guess that makes more sense.

Attachments
    paragon.jpg (146.7 KB, 0 downloads) 27 minutes old

Haha. Me too.

#72 12 years ago

Asteroïd Annie ^^

ASTEROID_ANNIE.jpgASTEROID_ANNIE.jpg

#73 12 years ago

I have to go with TOTAN, Scared Stiff and BBB. I have a friend who bought a TOTAN based solely on the artwork.

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from thebrave:

I have to go with TOTAN, Scared Stiff and BBB.

Wow, I totally forgot about BBB. It truly is a gorgeous machine! I'm shocked nobody has mentioned it yet. It just goes to show that BBB isn't even on the average collector's radar.

#75 12 years ago

Look at my TOTAN

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/alapouble/TOTAN%20pinball%20from%20Chad%20Keller/

People who think SS's are beautiful need glasses when they look at cabinet and playfield...

Ok, some backglass are beautifull period....

#76 12 years ago

astroid annie looking to get anal probed

#77 12 years ago

Woah there,

There is a SECOND machine in addition to Alien Poker about, well, aliens playing cards? Holy acid...

Luke

#78 12 years ago
    Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

Look at my TOTAN

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/alapouble/TOTAN%20pinball%20from%20Chad%20Keller/

People who think SS's are beautiful need glasses when they look at cabinet and playfield...

Ok, some backglass are beautifull period....

You have a beautiful TOTAN pin. Probably the cleanest I've ever seen.

#79 12 years ago

honorable mention goes out to flash. when it first came out the local arcade got one. they had shades on all the windows and it was nice and dark so you would get the full effect of the light show. if i could only go back for just a few hours. man it was the best.

#80 12 years ago

Look at my TOTAN

0.jpg0.jpg

Definitely the best one I have ever seen HP!
    Great job on procuring such a fine example...
    Simply amazing! "Heh-heh!"

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

I always thought he was just riding that thing. I guess that makes more sense.

The large sword in his hand kind of gives it away

Beautiful lineup Shock Me... Simply awsome!!

Quoted from SunKing:

I think a lot of folks opinions are influenced by their age - and when they played in the arcades.

I've often wondered this too... time for a poll I think!!

#82 12 years ago

CV's color scheme is great, it's one of the coolest looking pins I've ever seen.

#83 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I think a lot of folks opinions are influenced by their age - and when they played in the arcades. Yeah, I'm old - so the late 70's early 80's pins really do it for me.

Not necessarily, I'm 24 and never got to play any of those games in an arcade, and I'm the one that said that the 80s pins were king. I definitely think there is a correlation for most, but for me it's very easy to see how much better and more detailed original artwork was found during that era of pinball.

#84 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Not necessarily, I'm 24 and never got to play any of those games in an arcade, and I'm the one that said that the 80s pins were king. I definitely think there is a correlation for most, but for me it's very easy to see how much better and more detailed original artwork was found during that era of pinball.

Ahh, so you're the young voter in the poll throwing all the theories off balance

I admire your ability to retrospectively appreciate games!

#85 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Beautiful lineup Shock Me... Simply awsome!!

Thanks a lot pbslave! Coming from someone with a collection like yours, it means a lot.

for me it's very easy to see how much better and more detailed original artwork was found during that era of pinball.

+1 The artwork on later games is indeed stunning, but the early games just seem more inspired for some reason. The artwork on the cabs were much nicer in the 90's though.

#86 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Coming from someone with a collection like yours, it means a lot.

But yours are all set up and working and giving you lots of playing pleasure! Mine are stuck in some dingy hole of a store, and will be for many years 'till I get a place made where I can set them up... which at this rate probably means waiting 'till the kids have grown up and left home... and the youngest is only 2!! You're enjoying your games here and now... I could die before mine get set up, in which case they never will (well, not by me at least!). Having them set up and working is more impressive than just owning them I think!

#87 12 years ago

You sir, are wise beyond your years.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-looking-pin-all-things-considered/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.