(Topic ID: 182279)

Best location for service rails on Star Trek pro?

By jkroeck25

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tomtest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1905 (resized).jpg
    100_1903 (resized).jpg
    100_1900 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I'm in the process of installing service rails on my new ST pro. I'm trying to decide the best spot for the end of the rails that get screwed to the playfield. I was trying to find a picture of a ST premium or le to see how they came from the factory, but can't find a good one. There isn't much room for adjustment but I want to get them in the best spot possible.

#2 7 years ago

I finally found a youtube video that showed the underside of the playfield on a ST premium and saw the factory location of the service rails. I installed mine the same way that I did it on my Met pro. I drilled the one end of the rails out to 3/8" and through bolted them with the existing holes where the posts were. That puts the entire rail lower on the playfield than intended, but it eliminates drilling more holes for that end of the rails. Then I had to bend the rails as needed to get a good location for the other end.Added some pics in case it is helpful for someone else.

100_1900 (resized).jpg100_1900 (resized).jpg

100_1903 (resized).jpg100_1903 (resized).jpg

100_1905 (resized).jpg100_1905 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

That will work but if you don't want to drill the rails mount them so that the hole in the rail is adjacent to the post hole and drill a new hole, the rail on the right will end up being almost parallel to the playfield and the rail on the left will be at about a 30 degree angle to miss all the wiring and components, just make sure both ends of the rails are in line when they are supported on the cabinet. You will have to drill all new holes for this but it's no big deal(unless you drill thru the playfield)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-location-for-service-rails-on-star-trek-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.