(Topic ID: 231123)

Best licensed pin vs. best unlicensed pin

By Nokoro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Did you choose the licensed or unlicensed pin as your favorite?”

• Licensed 29 votes
      49%
    • Unlicensed 30 votes
      51%

(59 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Name your favorite licensed pin and your favorite unlicensed pin. Then say which one you like more and vote for either the licensed or unlicensed pin in the poll.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Londonpinball:

Can some one explain the licence to me ?
    Does it mean the game is made from a copy of another existing product ?
    Or does it mean the owners of the content/show/band partnered in developing the game ?
    Can you make a pinball game from a character that is popular with out being a licenced game?
    Explain it slow for me please, I am new

Licensed means you are using the intellectual property — trademarks and copyright — from another entity. So Game of Thrones is licensed. Cirqus Voltaire is not. In terms of making a game with a character, it depends upon whether that character is still protected by copyright. Mickey Mouse is protected. Houdini is not. I hope that helps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-licensed-pin-vs-best-unlicensed-pin?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.