New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 68719)

Best LEDs for Bally Xenon?

By jpop

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

xe.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi...

Seems ever Xenon I see looks really great with LEDs. Any suggestions for LED types
from Xenon owners? For GI and feature lamps, backbox and infinity glass. Thx. Jpop

#2 6 years ago

Get an Altek Lamp driver board from Cointaker now... You can use the current pinside 20% discount Melissa has going on.

The buy all you LEDS at the same time for the same discount... You do not need fancy ghostbuster non-strobing bulbs as Bally of that era do not use lamp matrix's. Simple cheap LEDS work. Color match them to your inserts, use warm white for your GI. After that it's all just tweaking and playing. I lot of folks like to use blue LED's for GI on a Xenon.

Do a youtube search for XENON and LED and you should get a hit or two to help you decide.

#3 6 years ago

thx! Jpop

#4 6 years ago

Xenon looks great with blue LEDs

xe.jpg
#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Get an Altek Lamp driver board from Cointaker now... You can use the current pinside 20% discount Melissa has going on.

I couldn't find the Altek lamp driver board on the Cointaker web page. Do you have a direct link?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside