image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
ToM5_023.jpg
P1010603.jpg
ToMLEDs_012.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

My WH20. Last month, won Texas Pinball Festival best 1990s machine...

Image_2.jpgImage_2.jpg Image_1.jpgImage_1.jpg Image.jpgImage.jpg

#102 11 years ago

Ripley's

RipLEDs_006.jpgRipLEDs_006.jpg

#103 11 years ago

Space Shuttle
IMG_1300.JPGIMG_1300.JPG

#104 11 years ago

Junkyard
IMG_3560_(Large)_(2).JPGIMG_3560_(Large)_(2).JPG
IMG_3320_(Medium).JPGIMG_3320_(Medium).JPG

#105 11 years ago

Space Station 2 Green Mode
IMG_2203_(Large).JPGIMG_2203_(Large).JPG

#106 11 years ago

Frank Thomas after clear coating and playfield swap

IMG_0246.JPGIMG_0246.JPG

#107 11 years ago

Didn't go mad with LEDs on diners Backbox

#108 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#109 11 years ago

I was really just wanting to keep this thread about LED jobs done on playfields. I also wanted to keep the critical comments to a minimum. I realize that I was probably just dreaming with that last statement, but how about all you critics only post a critical comment of someone's work while also posting a pic of your own playfield from the same title? Maybe some of the LED guys will be persuaded to go back to candlelight if your pics are good enough.

#110 11 years ago

Kk got a bit carried away since seeing some other LEDed backboxes on this thread

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Kk got a bit carried away since seeing some other LEDed backboxes on this thread

Yeah I'm not sure who opened that door, but I am just trying to gently close it. I remember seeing back box pics on my iPhone and having to recheck the thread title for the thread I started.

#112 11 years ago

My Avatar playfield is my favorite LED game I have...tried to get it to look like Pandora at night from the movie. avatar_playfield.jpgavatar_playfield.jpg

#113 11 years ago

For some reason, Pinside only liked uploading one image, so here's the second. avatar_playfield2.JPGavatar_playfield2.JPG

#114 11 years ago

Theatre of Magic.
I added a spot to light the tiger.

ToMLEDs_009.jpgToMLEDs_009.jpg ToMLEDs_012.jpgToMLEDs_012.jpg

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Theatre of Magic.
I added a spot to light the tiger.

Is that GI LED or just the inserts? I just picked up a TOM yesterday, and while I've been LEDing my GI with pleasant results - TOM might be one of those games that "looks right" with incandescent GI. Debating whether to do the whole thing or just inserts.

#116 11 years ago

Retros in the GI, I use white condoms on the ones that make hot spots like the lower sling bulbs.
Cool whites under the clear and white inserts, warms white everywhere else.
Color changers under the saw insert and spell inserts and behind the spirit ring.
Red retros under the translucent plastics like the rollover guides.
One yellow ultra bright backlighting the tiger plastic.
Premium 2 led reds in the pops.

#117 11 years ago

Everyone of these leds was built by hand before it was COOL to led and there was only one vendor back then. Yes this article is about me.

That why i laugh when people like B_R think there doing something cool or different. Never seen him in PBLNEWS

These where all hand built as well. Painfully I might ad.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/chimes.html P1010603.jpgP1010603.jpg

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TOM might be one of those games that "looks right" with incandescent GI. Debating whether to do the whole thing or just inserts.

I think you could go with incandescent for GI. But if I were you I would put Cool White LED Under all the plastics. It brings out the purple color very nicely. I used Pinball life 44/47 flat top Cool White frosted . They are cheap ..39cents. But that is not why I used them. The 3 LEDs were to bright and out of balance. So I took them all out and used the frosted Flat top. Under the Left and right slingshot plastic I used Warm white. Cool white here washed out the red color of playfield. Behind the Trunk there is a 44/47 socket under the (SAW) in that socket use a 3 LED ablaze. It is bright and will bring out the color of SAW. Back BOX plastic curtains You must use RED 44/47 LEDs of your choice. The plastic curtains will be faded from heat of 44 incandescent bulbs. And as you know you will need many FLEX style 555 and 44/47. Jet bumpers I left incandescent. Spirit Ring Flasher use cointaker not PinballLife. Any way. Good luck. Hope this gives you some ideas.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I think you could go with incandescent for GI. But if I were you I would put Cool White LED Under all the plastics. It brings out the purple color very nicely. I used Pinball life 44/47 flat top Cool White frosted . They are cheap ..39cents. But that is not why I used them. The 3 LEDs were to bright and out of balance. So I took them all out and used the frosted Flat top. Under the Left and right slingshot plastic I used Warm white. Cool white here washed out the red color of playfield. Behind the Trunk there is a 44/47 socket under the (SAW) in that socket use a 3 LED ablaze. It is bright and will bring out the color of SAW. Back BOX curtains You must use RED 44/47 LEDs of your choice. The plastic curtains will be faded from heat of 44 incandescent bulbs. And as you know you will need many FLEX style 555 and 44/47. Jet bumpers I left incandescent. Spirit Ring Flasher use cointaker not PinballLife. Any way. Good luck. Hope this gives you nsome ideas.

Cool, thanks! Yeah when I lifted the playfield I was like "whoaaaaa I'll need LOTS of flex bulbs!!!"

#120 11 years ago

Cool, thanks! Yeah when I lifted the playfield I was like "whoaaaaa I'll need LOTS of flex bulbs!!!"

Yes you will, don't forget the one in the trunk.

ToM5_023.jpgToM5_023.jpg

#121 11 years ago

Two more.

South Park: GI lamped with CT dual led WW clear lens, back plastic below Kenny is CT dual led CW clear lens, pops CW and spots WW are PBL F'n brights. Playfield inserts are CT frosted CW and Mystery is CT color changer.

Blackout: GI lamped with CT dual led WW clear lens and ball lock is PBL color changer. Playfield inserts are CT dual led CW clear lens, 1-10 is PBL flat top single led, 20 is PBL color changer, 2x - 5x and fire again are CT dual led CW frosted. Backbox is mostly stock #47.

IMG_1453.JPGIMG_1453.JPG IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1443.JPG

#122 11 years ago

Still my favorite

// Error: Image 89184 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Two more.
South Park:

Hey, this has nothing to do with LEDs - but it's a nice subtle mod that a local guy did w/ a South Park a few years ago. Replace the clear star posts & black rubber up on the left ramp/return with green star posts & white rubber! They look like snow covered pine trees in South Park.

#124 11 years ago

Hey, this has nothing to do with LEDs - but it's a nice subtle mod that a local guy did w/ a South Park a few years ago. Replace the clear star posts & black rubber up on the left ramp/return with green star posts & white rubber! They look like snow covered pine trees in South Park.

You can also go crazy with the Cliffy colored sleeves, there are close to 100 on the game.
This game also has the dancing chef mod and the Kenny S"O"SS mod.

SP.jpgSP.jpg

#125 11 years ago

My old game - Dr. Who and BDK

Dr_Who_Pinball_014.JPGDr_Who_Pinball_014.JPG Batman_Pinball_007.JPGBatman_Pinball_007.JPG

#126 11 years ago

When I get some pins soon and tastefully LED them I wanna fly "Pinball Mike" in to do the work...LOL. Buy him dinner and some beer. Mike, I really enjoy your taste in LEDs.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

When I get some pins soon and tastefully LED them I wanna fly "Pinball Mike" in to do the work...LOL. Buy him dinner and some beer. Mike, I really enjoy your taste in LEDs.

Thanks for the complement. I usually keep it pretty simple though; color matching the inserts and just using plain white frosted LEDs for the GI bulbs. In general I think the artwork on the plastics and playfield looks the best with white light. I use colored GI bulbs sparingly in select locations to accent specific things, like the whirlpool on WH2O. I try to experiment with colors in the GI locations, but usually end up going back to the standard white LEDs. It’s all a matter of preference though.

#128 11 years ago

Creetch:

.jpg.jpg .jpg.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-leded-playfield-pics/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.