4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I am trying to find out what the best LED replacement for Spike/SAM coindoor bulbs are. I tried comet led and it doesn't seem to look any better than stock. I need something that has 5 or 6 leds in the head and one that has a good light spread to really illuminate the coin return's transparent plastic. Ideally it should come in multiple colors as well.

What are you guys using out there?

#2 4 years ago

I messed with this for a while on various coin doors, but I just ended up going with a 1smd red bulb.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

I am trying to find out what the best LED replacement for Spike/SAM coindoor bulbs are. I tried comet led and it doesn't seem to look any better than stock. I need something that has 5 or 6 leds in the head and one that has a good light spread to really illuminate the coin return's transparent plastic. Ideally it should come in multiple colors as well.
    What are you guys using out there?

What bulbs did you try?

#5 4 years ago

Not sure what your goal is.

The Buttons are thick plastic, so the only thing you can do is go brighter, and hope it diffuses darker areas?

If this is your goal, brighter, you can try a 1 Watt Magnum from Comet. Thats like a bright focused flashlight, like Twice as bright, or an Opmax, which is diffused, and light spread of about the same specs.
    Cant say if that will solve whats in your expectations.

Brighter than that, you can change the socket for newer 6 Volt 8 SMD, ( I dont think 6v Wedge has been made?) or wire your lights separate to 12v
    and go further

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-led-for-stern-coin-door-illuination and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.