Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temporary-42.JPG
IMG_20140514_194859.jpg
100_0107-234.JPG
100_0104.JPG
20140427_161605.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

Hey there,

We have kits for quite a few games now, and constantly adding stuff as it comes through the shop. Our kits are very comparable in price and in many instances lower than most competitors. They are definitely a great value since besides just the basic bulb replacements we also include no solder plug n play LED strips as well as spotlight kits, which can really help illuminate your game and clear up any dark spaces. We also have full instructions and pictures for the installs of the extras.

Feel free to shoot over any questions you may have, especially if new to kits!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thank you all for you kind responses!
Its time for a complete overhaul on my MM.
I grabbed cab art and a complete set of OEM everything topside from bearcave games (remember them?) awhile ago. When done it will be minty fresh, And I think with LED lights a longer lasting and lower temperature environment.
What would be the differences between the various kits?
Or are they all pretty much the same?
Thanks

Our kits come with the no solder plug n play LED strips and the same for the spotlight kits. This is going to be different from any other kits out there since we started and created this a long while back. Like Quartergrabber said, all our kits come with non-ghosting bulbs as needed. We only make the kit once we can get the machine into our shop and fully go through it for best colors, test for ghosting and get the spotlight/LED strips correct. Hence why we tend to add kits slower at times.

Quoted from Nexyss:

You should get an LED OCD for any pin you put LEDs in. Seriously, it makes a huge difference. If you are going to use an LED OCD board, you actually do not want the non ghosting LEDs. They have less of a voltage range due to the added resistor, so you will not have as much flexibility when programming the OCD.
The pinballbulbs kits come with spotlights and LED strips that are not in other kits...or in the original game. These kits are designed to light up the entire playfield enough to play in a completely dark room. The extra lighting also has the added benefit of lessening the intensity of the flashers since there they are not contrasting a completely dark area of the game.

Basically what he said Also, just let us know if you are adding an OCD board. I the kit is supposed to come with non-ghosting we will send regular since non-ghosting is harder to work with on the OCD kits. You want regular bulbs instead since the OCD board will handle all of the ghosting/fading etc.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

I suggest to make up your own kit. Theatre of Magic requires many 555 and a few special located 47/44 that require a Flex style LED's that my be missed if you do not specify the exact color and LED bulb style and insert location .

Another great reason to snag our kits! We include flex bulbs as needed as well since we personally go through all games to make a kit. In fact, looking at the TOM instructions now, looks to come with about 36 flex bulbs. Definitely the most heavily used flex kit.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Pinballbulbs...I have your IM LED (with non-ghosting bulbs) kit arriving this week. Would I have a have a better result using the LED OCD board with your less expensive (ghosting) bulbs? If so, can I send the kit back to you and order one that works with the OCD board?
Thanks.

My understanding is that the OCD boards will still work, you just make adjustments in the OCD settings. I'm sure Herg has more information on what settings to change. We've yet to be able to get our hands on these boards. One day plan to resell them as we get a boatload of requests, but haven't been made available as of yet. Sorry I don't have more technical details for you.

The prices would be the same for the kit as well btw

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think that it would be exceptional to offer super high quality led conversion kits that include the proper LEDOCD boards.
This way one would have it all in one package.

We fully agree Let Herg know. We have asked about buying these from him and including in our kits, but it sounds like that wasn't an option for now. I believe it was a suppy issue, but we would love to be able to carry these for thatg purpose!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Piece a kit together yourself. That is always the best and generally saves money.

Just want to comment on this and say that while this does hold true frequently among many kits, our kits are simply the product cost all added up. No extra markup for simply being a kit

Post edited by PinballBulbs: cant spell

1 week later
#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have the pinballbulbs kits in all 4 of my older games now. I think they all fit in nicely with AC/DC now.

Here is a crappy pic showing the Demo Man with the incandescents. I think the difference is huge!

IMG_20140514_194859.jpg 139 KB

temporary-42.JPG 133 KB

Sweet looking lineup right there!!

Quoted from Pinfidel:

You can save yourself a lot of money buy buying bulbs individually on your own. I buy all the colors in 25 packs each of both the Bayonet and wedge types. It works out to be a little cheaper and you have bulbs left over to use in other games as well. I highly recommend Art over at CometPinball.com or Chris over at RockCustomPinball.com.
Two AWESOME guys with awesome products at equally awesome prices.
Definitely check out their prices and selection before you buy from anyone else.
GL.

To add to this as well. Contrary to what some folks like to say, our kits are cost of bulbs with no added premium for being a kit. In fact, many of them are a bit lower than what the retail would be on the bulbs since we thought it was too high. And we include extras like spotlight kits and LED strips others don't have. We also try to include plenty of extras in this kit, so overall a great value with all the instructions and placements setup for you!

I mostly wanted to point out a few other places are saying our kits have a premium, and they don't. I'd be happy to answer any questions or go over specific kit pricing if folks have questions!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Not discrediting you at all bro. You may have the best LED's on the planet. IDK. But from my own "personal" experience, I HIGHLY recommend Chris and Art. I can't even begin to tell you how much time I have spent talking to and e-mailing with those guys. They have answered a myriad of questions in detail and have given me extra bulbs and different type bulbs just to try. Just awesome guys who are in this WAYYY more for the love of the hobby than the bottom line.

Oh, I was just commenting in general and only to your point about the money savings. Seems a few of our customers lately have asked us why we increase our kit prices higher than if they bought bulbs only, but we point out we don't. They then let us know other LED suppliers are telling them to not buy kits due to the price premium so I just wanted to make a generalized comment so the facts were correct

You are welcome to email over any questions as well. Not sure if the last line was a comment we are only dedicated at the bottom line or not, but definitely not the case. Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-led-conversion-kits?tu=PinballBulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.