Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9601 (resized).png
    IMG_6686 (resized).png
    IMG_7346 (resized).png
    IMG_7725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7153 (resized).jpeg
    978CAD55-4BD7-42BD-8A07-0D6EB661B5CE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
    685EFFE3-BEC4-494E-8ED8-FBB91693467A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 1 year ago

Godzilla is Keith’s best game. And honestly it’s his best by a large margin for me. That’s because the playfield is awesome, the theme integration is perfect, music is right on target, and the rules are fun.

I really liked AIQ, but it fell apart quickly for me. The rules aren’t fun. The complexity of them didn’t add to the fun, it took it away. And every time I failed to get a stone, the way the game took it away irritated me. And then later it would take away stones I had already earned! Those things just took away any satisfaction of playing it for me. I just didn’t want to play it anymore.

I am able to understand Maiden being a great game. However it never clicked for me. I’d play it, but I was never emotionally involved in the game. Personally I like the Pro better than the upper versions. But I never wanted to get one.

Jurassic Park… I liked it when it was released, but it ended up leaving me cold as well. For me, games go through a process as I learn them. I blindly shoot it to see what I see. Then I’ll play for a bit to see what rules I can figure out on my own. Then I’ll read some tips and play more. Finally I’ll read the rules. I was never intrigued enough to get to that last step with JP.

Those are just my opinions on them. GZ by a mile.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

If you are a heavy metal and rock and roll fan I have a hard time believing you not a Maiden fan at all or a little and hate the music that much.

This is the thing about Pinball. It’s also the thing about life. Different people have different tastes. I like both Rock, and Heavy Metal, and I’m not a Maiden fan at all. I’m also not a fan of the game. However, I do recognize that it’s a great game, just not one I’d want to own.

4 weeks later
    #138 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Would love a re-skin of IM into something less handbanging!

Me too. Though I might be getting close to bringing it in anyway. I’ve bought quite a few games over the years that I didn’t like the theme, but loved the play. I think Iron Maiden is getting to that point for me.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I wish there was a way to do a weighted poll to get a definitive answer since opinions seem pretty split.

That is the best part about pinball. There is someone in this thread that has said "XXX hands down his best"... for all 4 games. And I understand that for every one of them. When it comes to opinions on which is the best pinball we will never get a definitive answer. It just doesn't exist. I guess we could say Keith makes awesome games and go with that.

1 week later
    #170 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just calculated the results

You sure did! Well written. Thanks for summing it all up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-keith-elwin-pinball?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.