Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9601 (resized).png
    IMG_6686 (resized).png
    IMG_7346 (resized).png
    IMG_7725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7153 (resized).jpeg
    978CAD55-4BD7-42BD-8A07-0D6EB661B5CE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
    685EFFE3-BEC4-494E-8ED8-FBB91693467A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 1 year ago

So tired of people saying no to Iron Maiden music, it’s great for the game as all the older stuff by the band. The newer albums after Brave New World not really much for me. If you are a heavy metal and rock and roll fan I have a hard time believing you not a Maiden fan at all or a little and hate the music that much. I guess most are trendy alternative or nu metal fans that complain. My only complaint is it’s shoots great, ton of different shots, extremely fun to play, great scoring (not low like recent other Sterns) and good call outs, buttttttt wait it has not enough in it and missing toys (etc like what Metallica has in it or Rush) or many toys and too much middle shot with Boring center ramp up and down and underneath, game should have shot through back of game and Eddie heads lock three balls, yes still want it one day but wanted more in this game no matter the cost. Also, I preached for this game to be made many years ago so go find my original thread topic and knew it would be a hit.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

This is the thing about Pinball. It’s also the thing about life. Different people have different tastes. I like both Rock, and Heavy Metal, and I’m not a Maiden fan at all. I’m also not a fan of the game. However, I do recognize that it’s a great game, just not one I’d want to own.

Wow hard to believe if you like most of the old school classics metal and rock, I mean it’s not a Korn pin which would have been horrible as that is crap music. Just curious your give me a few of your favorite bands in these categories

1 month later
    #149 1 year ago

Maiden great music, great band but wish more in the game besides just shots, back of game should have shot through the middle into Eddie head or temple but still a very fun fast pin, just not sure if for a one pin collection. Is Iron Maiden better then New Elvira’s pin? As far as those who complain about the music must likely trendy alternative crap. Also wish the music pins hand a version of the songs without the words to mix it up and live versions.

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Awfull, but Fair.

Right I mean when I grew up playing pins in a pool hall always had music playing well over the sound of the games. I wonder if most do not play their own music on radio or stereo system when playing home pins. It’s nice to mix it up, yes I like hearing sounds on the games but all get repetitive and enjoy my own music playing in the background louder at times.

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"How people grew up playing pins" is a VERY wide range of possibilities that I'm amazed by. Opens up a ton of doors for other gameplay issues.
    I'm Born in 75 I grew up in 80s arcades; Popular bright family places.
    If you're born in 75 maybe you had to go to bars to play pins. And now you want a dark game room because of that.
    large range of diff'rent scenarios

My main point of that comment was referring to those who can’t stand or tolerate some music of a pin, most of the time when first playing pins on location other music or background noise overpowered the game anyway and your not able to hear the sounds of the game. Most of the music pins made I enjoy the bands some more than others but can still enjoy the game. It’s like I hate most movies and superhero films for sure but can handle or play the game if fun. I meant do others not play there own pins with music on in the background and sound volume lower on game, that’s solves the issue of not liking the music but hard to be it’s not tolerable for Maiden, if you like rock and roll and heavy metal most would like or enjoy Maiden and not hate the music.

1 week later
    #171 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just calculated the results, some guys didn't vote on all the games just said Maiden was best (or something other) so what I did was give the best 4 points and the other games 2 points. I did this calculation as voted 1-2-3-4 giving them points as 4-3-2-1 meaning last place gets 1 point.
    There were 47 people who replied. I did a big back of the envelope calculation so it's possible I could have made a mistake but this is the best of my calculation. I also counted up the last place votes just to see if that also lines up. I added up all the points and divided by 47...
    Here are the results
    GZ 3.0 average (3 last place votes)
    JP 2.5 average (5 last place votes)
    Maiden 2.4 average (11 last place votes)
    AIQ 2.0 average (20 last place votes)
    My observations. JP and Maiden were very close a fraction separated and both getting 11 first place votes but Maiden lost out because it got more last place votes. GZ stood out with (17) 1st place votes and many more 2nd place votes so it dominated the points.
    AIQ
    -I was totally expecting AIQ to get the most last place votes. I think it's a great pin but to me the layout was my least favorite (wall of ramps and I didn't like the wide ramp too much), the rules are great for me but a lot of people might not love the rules. Some people dislike the art or the call outs.
    Maiden
    -I was expecting this to do well but think some people might have got tired of this because it's the oldest and sometimes people prefer the newer pin. Also some people hate the music and might have marked it down accordingly.
    JP
    -I was surprised to see it get many 3rd or 4th best, but it did win second place fair and square over Maiden both the higher average and less last place votes.
    GZ
    -I think the newness helps it out, at this moment it's the highest rated game on Pinside and it got significantly more first and second place votes as shown by the point total.
    The votes pretty much follow the top100 ranking with JP and Maiden fairly close in 2nd/3rd place.

Hard to imagine music is hated more than a movie when comparing games, what a shame. I love most music 70’s, 80’s and heavy metal and rock n roll and just shocked those who hate Maiden music and can’t tolerate what bands they actually like, my guess trendy shit. Oh well

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-keith-elwin-pinball?tu=Jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.