• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pat_(resized).jpg
flipped_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Was gonna say "no one said Funhouse?". Mouth shot, trap door, and hot dogs what other 3rd flipper can do that?

#52 8 years ago

These All have great 3rd/4th flippers.

TSPP
WH20
XMen
WW
ST
Indy 500
NGG

#53 8 years ago

Any pat lawyer pin
* lawlor lol gotta love auto correct sometimes

#54 8 years ago

Sorcerer and Rollergames

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Any pat lawyer pin

pat_(resized).jpgpat_(resized).jpg

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

pat_(resized).jpg

Funny shit there ... dam phone did that lol. Pat lawlor

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

dam phone did that lol.

Is that why I keep seeing the word "aboot" on here?

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How has nobody mentioned SST? Great and unique 3rd flipper integration!
I like TAF, Congo, TZ

Thought about that, and didn't mention it at first because other than the side hole it doesn't really have much use for shots. But as a control device that thing is seriously incredible. I love it!

#59 8 years ago

RBION
Future classic must have

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My phone and tablet love to retype stuff all the time . O well

#61 8 years ago

Family guy?
3 different shots from the 3rd flipper.

#62 8 years ago

How has nobody not said Tee'd Off yet!?!

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Thought about that, and didn't mention it at first because other than the side hole it doesn't really have much use for shots. But as a control device that thing is seriously incredible. I love it!

I am pretty sure you also get double points if using it to make a few other shots, but YES as a control feature is its main use! Great implementation! I just wish there was a 4th flipper on the left side also

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#64 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nope. That's because TheLaw lives too close to Canada.

#65 8 years ago

Roadshow blast zone, xmen and tspp tree house .

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Family guy?
3 different shots from the 3rd flipper.

The Family Guy third flipper always had me perplexed as to exactly what that flipper was for? The first 3:15 of the PAPA Family Guy tutorial has Bowen baiscally advising you to not even use it as it just puts the ball into needless danger.

#67 8 years ago

I have to say Defender!

But also TSPP and STTNG

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure you also get double points if using it to make a few other shots, but YES as a control feature is its main use! Great implementation! I just wish there was a 4th flipper on the left side also

Interesting. I wonder how it detects whether or not it was used for a shot, and if it can be cheated like the Demoman trigger trick.

#69 8 years ago

Shadow, Congo, Spiderman.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Vette is a great 3rd flipper also

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more often.

Both jackpots can only be hit using the 3rd. Plus one of the shots in catch me of you can needs the 3rd flipper

When shot strategy is needed, it's a good way to transfer the ball over to the right flipper.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Interesting. I wonder how it detects whether or not it was used for a shot, and if it can be cheated like the Demoman trigger trick.

It's on its own button, I believe it knows if you used the lower flipper before a switch is hit after using the 3rd.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My 3rd flipper stopped working last night and I proceeded to have my second best game yet.

image_(resized).jpeg

743m and only ball 1? Holy shit I suck!

#73 8 years ago

No Fear. Love nailing the ramp jumps.

#74 8 years ago

I really like TAF third flipper for jackpot shots. The TAF multiball is challenging enough to keep things alive, and I don't get many balls up to the third flipper, when I do, I focus on that, and when it hits - pretty amazing.

#75 8 years ago

Some of my favorite games have a fun upper flipper (SM, STTNG, NF, etc), but I'd have to give best integrated to X-Men. The feed to the upper flipper from the Cyclops shot is perfectly designed. It slows the speed just enough and always feeds cleanly to the flipper. So much fun to combo. It is also fed from the Beast orbit, but the ball is usually screaming through so fast from that shot that I cannot react to it. It has two major hero shots which can really only be made with the upper flipper, one of which also acts as a ball lock. Both shots double as separate short-plunge skill shots. Top all that off with one of the best hurry-ups ever conceived, Gambit. It requires a clean shot through the pops to feed the upper. Then you do not flip the upper...you simply raise it to direct the ball into the exposed pop bumper. Fantastic shot. You need to have the upper flipper adjusted just perfectly for this to work, and I've found that the rubber you use makes a big difference. If you have it set up to work correctly, it's just one of those magic shots when you pull it off.

The only thing that would make it better would be if there were a "spidey sense" or "away team" type shot under the raised flipper...that's a cool trick, but I think only Steve Ritchie uses it.

#76 8 years ago

Didn't see anyone mention Dirty Harry...hitting the ramp w/ the 3rd flipper, especially for a super jackpot...also builds up your promotion for Safehouse modes

ST's warp ramp is also awesome

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#77 8 years ago

Flash Gordon, the third flipper can shoot to collect bonus, can finagle a ball back to the shooter lane, any one of three drops, the pop bumper, or back down the left ramp. Can't get to 5X without it and also need it for 2X Playfield.

Just wish someone made a black 2" flipper, would be perfect with red or yellow ring and look tons better than the stock white 2" flippers. They just don't 'fit' there.

As for Family Guy, I use that thing all the time - increase Stewie time, get the extra ball, advance P-I-N-B-A-L-L, and you can even get it into the TV scoop from that flipper, oh yeah, and to knock down Death. It is really pretty useful.

#78 8 years ago

Any game with an inner loop. No matter the title it is always a super satisfying shot to make!

#79 8 years ago

I'm going to add this one since no one has mentioned it yet: No Fear.

No Fear came before either Spider Man or Star Trek: this loop shot is a bit of a Steve Ritchie trademark. Anything else before No Fear?

ST is my favorite one though...

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The Family Guy third flipper always had me preplexed as to exactly what that flipper was for? The first 3:15 of the PAPA Family Guy tutorial has Bowen baiscally advising you to not even use it as it just puts the ball into needless danger. » YouTube video

You need it for super jackpots and monkey jackpots...plus scores the extra ball when lit. All those are necessary to get to sperm attack.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

No Fear came before either Spider Man or Star Trek: this loop shot is a bit of a Steve Ritchie trademark. Anything else before No Fear?

Flash BK2K and HS2.

3 months later
#82 7 years ago

Bumping this thread because I'm loving the third flipper on whirlwind right now...fun to hit a couple inner loops and then the skyramp..very satisfying.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I'm loving the third flipper on whirlwind right now...fun to hit a couple inner loops and then the skyramp..very satisfying.

For sure! It's a shame that the game was made before combos were a thing. The game begs to have those spinners and loops hit in succession. It's got that 3-way combo, but that's it.

#84 7 years ago

Four shots from TSPP's upper flipper. Nice!

#85 7 years ago

Hobbit ftw.

3 years later
#86 3 years ago

I own Data Easts Tommy The Who's Pinball Wizard, and that game the third flipper is used very good!!

#87 3 years ago

For DE JP the 3rd flipper is a must to make the T-Rex shot and/or the short loop.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For DE JP the 3rd flipper is a must to make the T-Rex shot and/or the short loop.

Secret Service- Making the jackpot shot with the third flipper during multi-ball is murder.

#89 3 years ago

In four years, why has not a single person named the most satisfying shot in pinball yet? Doctor Who, people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-integrated-use-of-a-third-flipper/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.