(Topic ID: 258704)

Now a Poll: Best Innovation to Pinball of the Last Decade

By DudeRegular

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The Best Pinball Innovation of the Last Decade!”

• LCD Screen 14 votes
      20%
    • Color DMD 13 votes
      19%
    • LED Lighting (RGB Included) 10 votes
      14%
    • Camera 0 votes
    • PinGulp 2 votes
      3%
    • Stadium Lights 1 vote
      1%
    • Pinball Map 2 votes
      3%
    • Neverdrains software 0 votes
    • Matchplay website 1 vote
      1%
    • Internet Streaming 0 votes
    • Non Glare Glass 1 vote
      1%
    • Hardtops 2 votes
      3%
    • USB Code Updating 1 vote
      1%
    • P3 6 votes
      9%
    • JJP 14 votes
      20%
    • Opto Spinners 0 votes
    • Something else! 2 votes
      3%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200102-101737~2 (resized).png
    HT (resized).png
    P3 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-014910~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have been reading other threads about best games, and listening to podcasts discuss things as well. It got me thinking about what new (or newly re-used) features, technologies, upgrades, changes, etc have come along. What has had the best positive change to pinball? This can include anything from the manufacturers or aftermarket industry as well. I may make this a poll later, but discussion would be great. I will list a few to get things going (fully acknowledge I may not have exact 10 years start dates, but widespread use works as well).

LCD screens - big change in how information is displayed and can bring in more players
    ColorDMD - Major improvement on nearly every title I have seen it installed on
    LED lighting (including RGB addressable lighting) - Light shows are significantly better, and modes can really change too
    Selfie cameras - no love for this one haha
    PinGulp - drinks while flipping
    Stadium lights - can brighten up a dark game
    PinballMap (app and website) - amazing for finding games to play
    Matchplay website - great for tournaments
    NeverDrains software - great for tournaments
    Internet Streaming rigs - big for getting the hype out for a new game and showing off different games while connecting with the community
    PDI/Invisiglass/non-glare glass - nearly eliminates reflections and makes things very clear.
    Hardtops - super cool, I finally got a chance to play on one and its fantastic (Taxi at MOM's in College Park, MD btw)
    USB code updates are nice, I agree
    The P3 platform looks cool, I have yet to play one (feel free to invite me over friends )
    JJP in general tends to package up quite a few things which does a good job of moving the whole hobby/industry forward

#28 4 years ago

Good responses!

My list was not meant to be exhaustive. Rather it was a simple beginning to start the conversation. I summarized a few below and will add to the main list.

PDI/Invisiglass/non-glare glass is a good one.
    Hardtops are super cool. I finally got a chance to play on one and its fantastic (Taxi at MOM's in College Park, MD btw)
    USB code updates are nice, I agree
    The P3 platform looks cool, I have yet to play one (feel free to invite me over friends )
    JJP in general tends to package up quite a few things which does a good job of moving the whole hobby/industry forward

#37 4 years ago

Now its a poll!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-innovation-to-pinball-of-the-last-decade?tu=DudeRegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.