6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hollywood
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I finally watched the movie Tommy off of Crackle the other day. After seeing the movie, it's amazing to me how well the theme was incorporated into the machine with the 12 modes, the mirror breaking to release "I'm Free" multiball, the blinders, music, sounds, etc.

Interested in what others you guys think are great theme incorporation. Doesn't have to be a good game necessarily, or one you like, or even a popular one, just interested in what games you think really stay true to the theme/original content.

#3 6 years ago

STTNG and TAF

#4 6 years ago

Starship Troopers. I never saw the movie till I got the pin.

After watching the movie the game was totally different for me in a good way.

#8 6 years ago

LoTR gets my vote.

#10 6 years ago

Tron and LOTR are the two that always have stood out to me. Both of them do a great job of immersing you in the theme.

#11 6 years ago

TZ all day.

TAF would have been a lot better with different music.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-enhanced-aftermarket-audio

#12 6 years ago

WOW...it is really funny to me that all of the titles mentioned already are licenses. When I think of very well done themes, I think of:
    TOTAN
    CV
    SS
    High Speed
    Xenon
    Royal Flush

I do believe that the themes of all of the titles mentioned in this thread are done great, it is just that there is much that we are familiar with which in not in those themes that they do not seem as well done as non-licensed in my opinion. Just a different way of thinking about it...

#13 6 years ago
    #14 6 years ago

LOTR for the dots, music, custom voice work from the actual actors in the movies, sound clips from the movies, etc.

TSPP is right up there too.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from DnDPins:

WOW...it is really funny to me that all of the titles mentioned already are licenses.

I think this is due to the fact that licensed themes have so much more backstory/depth to the themes. Something like LOTR is pulling from over 10 hours over movies and the characters have many levels of depth to them. On the contrary a theme like MM is pulling from a story that can likely be summarized in a couple paragraphs.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I finally watched the movie Tommy off of Crackle the other day.

If only it was the movie and not the stage garbage.

#20 6 years ago

LOTR and Tron.

#21 6 years ago

Many top rated games are well integrated with theme, music, artwork, sounds etc. Coincidence these top out tbe charts???

MM
    TOM
    CV
    STTNG
    TSPP
    TRON
    LOTR
    IJ
    CV
    CFTBL

#23 6 years ago

It's hard for me to vote Shadow because the game isn't a completely horrible mess, like the source material

#25 6 years ago

For me, PinBot. Cabinet art, play field art, robot sounds, and build the robot as you lock the balls in the visor. All Sci-fi.

#26 6 years ago

Whirlwind

How can you beat the fan topper?

#27 6 years ago

WCS - soccer is fun in pinball.
    BSD - movie and theme go together.

#31 6 years ago

STTNG in large part due to unprecedented custom voice work. Borg multiball is as immersive as pinball can get(particularly with the shaker).

#32 6 years ago

HS2 is just perfect

#33 6 years ago

I agree with many that have already been listed....TAF, TSPP, IJ, LOTR.

Also, here's a really obscure one that they did a very good job of integrating things on: Verne's World. The 4 playfield toys (volcano, octopus, hot air balloon, and submarine) are prominent features in Verne's novels. The playfield and translite also have a lot of really cool images from his works. It's too bad that the voicecalls aren't really that great, but the music really draws you in!

#35 6 years ago
    #36 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I think this is due to the fact that licensed themes have so much more backstory/depth to the themes. Something like LOTR is pulling from over 10 hours over movies and the characters have many levels of depth to them. On the contrary a theme like MM is pulling from a story that can likely be summarized in a couple paragraphs.

Or over a thousand pages of books

My vote goes to LOTR or CFTBL

#37 6 years ago

Haunted House.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If only it was the movie and not the stage garbage.

Haven't seen the stage stuff but the movie was horrendous. So if the stage is worse then the movie, WOW!

#40 6 years ago

Another vote for The Shadow - really captures the feel of the movie and the toys are very well implemented.

#44 6 years ago

Flintstones pinball incorporates the Flintstones movie theme extemely well. Sadly, this is its downfall.

#45 6 years ago

WH2O and WCS. I think both do incredible jobs incorporating theme.

#46 6 years ago

The two that stand above the rest are LOTR & STTNG.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kurisu:

Flintstones pinball incorporates the Flintstones movie theme extemely well. Sadly, this is its downfall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 289.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside