Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91506D5D-2B86-40BB-BA9D-744F3ADF1402 (resized).jpeg
BCE9DF3D-73D9-4B6A-9488-F5D307B67C99 (resized).jpeg
7A9B5535-C23C-4B72-AC18-8393FD0358F6 (resized).jpeg
A681B507-056C-4087-83EC-2555EF547FE8 (resized).jpeg
E4BCA3C2-9A4C-4C74-83BB-961025D489B8 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Okay with over 200 votes in the Best Pin released in last 5 years thread there are 5 closely running for the #1 Spot.

This thread is the dilute of that thread to determine the Best release in the last 5 years. You may choose only 1 and at this point let’s call it based on the actual game.
Not to take away from how revolutionary WOZ was, but if you like Dialed in or Iron Maiden etc. Better choose the better.

All versions are assumed to be the best (LE) version etc.

#2 5 years ago

Apologies I added a poll originally but it did not stick for some reason....
May the best pin Win!

#4 5 years ago

Picking up some steam now.... who will it be?

#5 5 years ago

All five are great pins! they are all winners.

#6 5 years ago

GOT. A real strategic pinball machine from S. Ritchie.

#7 5 years ago

Man...what a great list. There is not one on the list I don’t like!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Man...what a great list. There is not one on the list I don’t like!

And so unbelievably close at this point in the poll.... how lucky we are to be in a pinball era that this is the case

#10 5 years ago

You left off Star Trek and GOTG, so this poll is a fail.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You left off Star Trek and GOTG, so this poll is a fail.

Is it?
Lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-release-in-the-past-5-years

They were barely mentioned and only after time elapsed to adjust first poll. The other option is not statisticly signifigant to have included either in this showdown version of the poll.
Definitly these may be your favorite in the last 5, so please mention that in the relevent thread. Sorry I failed you

#12 5 years ago

JJP POTC needs to be on the list.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

JJP POTC needs to be on the list.

See link above

#14 5 years ago

Other? Need to have a straight JJP POTC as I stated.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Other? Need to have a straight JJP POTC as I stated.

I hear you, sadly it was not mentioned to add before 100 people had voted in the original poll. This poll is merely the top 5 from that poll.

#16 5 years ago

Well I'm out. I wouldn't consider any of those a top 5 pin. Let alone top in the last 5 years.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Well I'm out. I wouldn't consider any of those a top 5 pin. Let alone top in the last 5 years.

Did you vote in the original poll yet?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-release-in-the-past-5-years

A681B507-056C-4087-83EC-2555EF547FE8 (resized).jpegA681B507-056C-4087-83EC-2555EF547FE8 (resized).jpegE4BCA3C2-9A4C-4C74-83BB-961025D489B8 (resized).jpegE4BCA3C2-9A4C-4C74-83BB-961025D489B8 (resized).jpeg
#18 5 years ago

This will be a hard one to call.....DI never loses a shootout on PS, nor MET......something's got to give.......

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This will be a hard one to call.....DI never loses a shootout on PS, nor MET......something's got to give.......

Maiden is really storming in the original poll... was not that close early on.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Maiden is really storming in the original poll... was not that close early on.

There really aren't enough people (truthfully) that would rank DI #1 in this group (if they are only getting 1 vote)......my prediction (which means nothing)....in a tight finish, Maiden wins slightly over MET, then DI, as it's the newest of the bunch......

amusing stuff.....

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There really aren't enough people (truthfully) that would rank DI #1 in this group (if they are only getting 1 vote)......my prediction (which means nothing)....in a tight finish, Maiden wins slightly over MET, then DI, as it's the newest of the bunch......
amusing stuff.....

Yep, just one vote. Honestly the only reason I did this one was as a sort of tie breaker on the other polls top 5 it was so close... it’s mind boggling and awesome that there was a statistical 5 way tie with 200+ votes in. I figure these may not be someones very favorite, but if they pick one of these it may break the tie.

#23 5 years ago

Voted Iron Maiden because I never play any of the others any more (except Dialed In). I've been lucky enough to have had all of these on location nearby, so the longer they've been around, the more likely that I've gotten bored with them and stopped playing.

#24 5 years ago

Ah yes ... Dialed In... zzzzz

As an aside, I find it interesting how highly this game is ranked among home collectors - yet, other than when it first arrived, I've hardly ever seen anyone playing the DI that has been in a local well known Seattle pinball bar for more than a year now. I'd be interested to know how it ranks revenue-wise among the 16 games in the place.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

...I've hardly ever seen anyone playing the DI that has been in a local well known Seattle pinball bar....

I've seen a lot of shit in Seattle the rest of the country doesn't care aboot

I'd be interested to know how it ranks revenue-wise among the 16 games in the place.

I wouldn't. We all know South Park ruled that and TZ sucked so, don't quite know what we learn from that.

#26 5 years ago

Interesting how potc can even be considered as it literally just came out.....

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've seen a lot of shit in Seattle the rest of the country doesn't care aboot

Riiiight. And that's relevant cause God knows Seattle doesn't have any pinball sense.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Is it?
Lol
They were barely mentioned and only after time elapsed to adjust first poll. The other option is not statisticly signifigant to have included either in this showdown version of the poll.
Definitly these may be your favorite in the last 5, so please mention that in the relevent thread. Sorry I failed you

The loudest voice is not always the most correct.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting how potc can even be considered as it literally just came out.....

I haven’t voted in either poll due to the fact that I have only played about 3 of the titles on the original list. I wish to play them all, but alas I live in the sticks and only get to play new titles when I travel.

#30 5 years ago

And that's relevant cause God knows Seattle doesn't have any pinball sense.

Boy I don't know if any town really has a monopoly on sense when it comes to pins, or any group of people for that matter.
I mean, Ballard Full Tilt has a South Park so it probably does well.

#31 5 years ago

So in the Part 1 of this poll, IMDN was ahead of DI. Now in Part 2, WOZ and DI are ahead of IMDN. This is the problem with small sample size and completely subjective opinions. What is the point? I owned DI for a month and sold it, like WOZ but find it a little boring, and love IMDN. That also doesn't mean anything, other than I bailed on DI too fast perhaps.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

So in the Part 1 of this poll, IMDN was ahead of DI. Now in Part 2, WOZ and DI are ahead of IMDN. This is the problem with small sample size and completely subjective opinions. What is the point? I owned DI for a month and sold it, like WOZ but find it a little boring, and love IMDN. That also doesn't mean anything, other than I bailed on DI too fast perhaps.

The point is that this is an entirely different poll. In the other poll one could choose any of their personal favorites including the above. In this poll they were forced to choose between only these 5 options as they were all virtually tied at the point this poll was created. This poll also had far less participation. Not sure what the current number is over there but it was like 350 IIRC and this one is 153 currently.
It’s not a scientific poll and in reality you are missing the forest for the trees if you are focusing purely on the winner.
In reality what the first poll shows is that there are many and varied opinions of what the best release in the past 5 years is.... which is great!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

So in the Part 1 of this poll, IMDN was ahead of DI.

Also, I never saw IMDN ahead of DI. Not saying it never was, just never when I looked.

7A9B5535-C23C-4B72-AC18-8393FD0358F6 (resized).jpeg7A9B5535-C23C-4B72-AC18-8393FD0358F6 (resized).jpeg91506D5D-2B86-40BB-BA9D-744F3ADF1402 (resized).jpeg91506D5D-2B86-40BB-BA9D-744F3ADF1402 (resized).jpegBCE9DF3D-73D9-4B6A-9488-F5D307B67C99 (resized).jpegBCE9DF3D-73D9-4B6A-9488-F5D307B67C99 (resized).jpeg
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

In reality what the first poll shows is that there are many and varied opinions of what the best release in the past 5 years is.... which is great!

I agree, it is pretty incredible to think how many great machines are being made now. Pinball was looking pretty much done in the late 90s and early 2000s. I am betting that the best pinball machines are still in the future.

#35 5 years ago

The poll currently shows TWD in last place. You people who didn’t vote for the best pinball machine ever made are on crack.

#36 5 years ago

I voted for TWD. Best code, just think if it had a LCD screen.

#37 5 years ago

I would say TWD, but all of these are really great games.

#38 5 years ago

All great games, no space and little money. Will make you pick and choose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-?hl=pinbutt2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.