Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TomT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    AD8C857F-E251-4F8F-9BC6-722DD0A5923A (resized).jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I've always liked to keep one game in the lineup that was cruel and short. I've ended up with lots of deep games. I just finished shopping a Dr Dude and this game is fantastic. Game times are short, it's fast and fun. I'd love to get a Dr Who in the lineup. I feel like that is the same way. Fish Tales was cruel too but maybe I just suck at that game. What are some awesomely cruel games that you like?

#2 11 years ago

Flash Gordon! My one and only game, for now anyway...

Wonderfully difficult, I love it!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from ink_blot:

Flash Gordon! My one and only game, for now anyway...
    Wonderfully difficult, I love it!

+1

#4 11 years ago

FT and IM are wonderfully cruel.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I've always liked to keep one game in the lineup that was cruel and short. I've ended up with lots of deep games. I just finished shopping a Dr dude and this game is fantastic. Game times are short, it's fast and fun. I'd love to get a Dr Who in the lineup. I feel like that is the same way. Fish Tales was cruel too but maybe I just suck at that game. What are some awesomely cruel games that you like?

FT with the wrong size rubbers at the end of the outer loops sucks, tipped SDTM every time.
    You want a cruel game get No Fear.
    Narrow shots and if you miss SDTM.

#6 11 years ago

BSD is generally considered as being one of, if not the most brutal games out there, especially with lightning flippers!!

However, no modern games can be as cruel as some of the 60's classic 2" flipper games, they can truly make even the best player feel like a novice!!

#8 11 years ago

STTNG! Outlanes are the worst, but I love it!

#9 11 years ago

No Fear. Flail and fail!

Bram Stoker's Dracula. One of the few DMD games where people can center drain on ball launch. Even if you manage to get past that, hitting the 3 bank of targets in the center on purpose (usually happens via flailing), is asking for a game over.

Pinbot & Dr Who. Aiming for the center targets. Pretty much suicide if your not careful.

Star Trek The Next Generation & Judge Dredd. Star Trek TNG has a humongous outlane on the right side, while Judge Dredd has ravenous outlane holes that consume pinballs regularly.

All great games...some more cruel than others.

#11 11 years ago

BSD - brutal but addictive

#12 11 years ago

another +1 for Flash gordon, you HAVE to shake the machine to keep the ball on the upper playfield

#13 11 years ago

Creech, humanoid yet inhumane!

Dan

#14 11 years ago

Another vote for Flash Gordon.

... but I'd have to add Catacomb as well. Really tough game to score well on if you don't like thinking fast.

... and Stargate is a bitch too. Sure, each ball is a skill-shot, multi-ball give-away but if the levelers are cranked, good luck making the big points. Tight layout with many kicking targets. Sandstorm wizard mode is a great challenge.

#15 11 years ago

+1 STTNG. It hates me, but I love it. Pinbot can be cruel, but get the bumps down and you're all set.

#16 11 years ago

BSD and DW. Both super cruel

#17 11 years ago

IM for me.

#18 11 years ago

Only terrible one Flash Gordon

#19 11 years ago

WH2O is my nemesis. stdm all too often. Most of my games are short lived and end up with me throwing out a few colorful words towards the designer. That is, right before I push the start button again.

#20 11 years ago

Whirlwind! Can't tell you how many games I started, had a great first ball, only for it to come back and punch me in the face to show me that I had in no way mastered it. Vicious, VICIOUS game.

#21 11 years ago

+1 for WH2O, absolutely love this game but that right outlane is friggen brutal.

#22 11 years ago

Am I the only one who feels the The Shadow fits in this category or am I that horrible?

#23 11 years ago

ACDC can be pretty cruel and then he taunts me to top it all off. It's so awesome when you get it all going but there are some games where you can't keep the ball alive to save your life.

#24 11 years ago

High Speed

#25 11 years ago

BSD is #1 for me, but I keep coming back, LOL.

Creech can also be frustrating when you do all you have to do to get the 2 ball multiball going and if you quickly lose 1 of the balls, BAM it's over and back to square one.

I always enjoyed playing Flash Gordon, and it never really struck me as being a cruel game. At least I never swore out loud at it, LOL. I'll have to pay more attention to it the next time I play it to see if I pick up on the cruelness factor.

#26 11 years ago

Seriously NF ? The ramp entrance is the size of the holland tunnel Every shot goes somewhere, flailing or not. Great flow pin, massive loopfests, etc.

#27 11 years ago

AFM for me.... I always do well on it, but it seems to enjoy kicking me in the nards with a drain down the middle, and always 1 or 2 shots away from attacking mars! Grrrrr.....

Charlie
    http://www.spookypinball.com

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from ebononcini:

STTNG! Outlanes are the worst, but I love it!

+ 1 billion

#29 11 years ago

IM and BSD for me.

#30 11 years ago

big buck hunter

#31 11 years ago

As an owner of BSD, JD, and STTNG - I agree and am glad to hear people mention STTNG as being brutal. I was afraid that I just stunk...

Always knew BSD and JD were designed to frustrate.

#32 11 years ago

Gottliebs Spirit
    The flippers are far apart, makes for a bitch of a game

#33 11 years ago

IM
    WHIRLWIND
    BSD
    FT

#34 11 years ago

Tommy for me. Can't stop playing it........but am starting to consider rubber bands in those outlanes lol jk

#35 11 years ago

My main focus is EM Gottlieb machines from the 1970's. There's a reason why they say 'A game of skill' on the backglass. They're all pretty much designed to punish you dearly for shots that just miss by a hair. But my main nemesis is Surf Champ. The only way to advance the bonus is on the head shot, and the rack of targets near the top. The target on the far right is blocked by the center spinner, making you have to try to make a bank shot, or go through the spinner, and shake the living daylights out of it, trying to catch it on a rebound. To top it all off, it seems like any ball that comes from the top of the board, through that spinner is destined to drain down the center.

#36 11 years ago

Has to be Flash Gordon
    Brutal game!

#37 11 years ago

Pinbot rarely treats me nice.

Jokerz can be a b#$&h too sometimes.

#38 11 years ago

Chicago Cubs Triple Play: Funky out lanes. Knock down targets that have to be hit in sequence to advance. It generates a level of frustration that is all to well known to Cubs fans.

#39 11 years ago

Sinbad

It's simple and fun, but play a pin with two flippers for a while and then switch over and see if you can keep from putting the ball between the flippers.

I swear the game giggles every time...

5 years later
    #40 5 years ago

Well, it's been 5 years.
    Who want's to add to the list of horribly cruel games?

#41 5 years ago

First game that comes to mind is TWD

BRUTAL!

#42 5 years ago

Interflip dragon hands down.

#43 5 years ago

There’s a reason FG always at the top of these lists. If you don’t agree, try playing on hard settings, where everything resets after each ball drain. Good luck with that. It’s the only way to play.

AD8C857F-E251-4F8F-9BC6-722DD0A5923A (resized).jpegAD8C857F-E251-4F8F-9BC6-722DD0A5923A (resized).jpeg

#44 5 years ago

F-14 is still the most brutal game out there!!

#45 5 years ago

BSD pinbot sttng.... just played houdini today. not super brutal, but the shots are tight

#46 5 years ago

Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters

#47 5 years ago

BSD - Love it!

4 weeks later
    #48 5 years ago

Of all the games I've owned, it's got to be Metallica.

Having to look at that artwork and listen to those songs over and over, day after day, is about as cruel as it gets.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

F-14 is still the most brutal game out there!!

:/

#50 5 years ago

TWD or GB

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-horribly-cruel-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.