Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

64815_W3 (resized).jpg
    dooly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigchief99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 7 years ago

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_21082_21082

I use this hand truck at work or hard cement and tile floors and it works great. We have an elevator to move the heavy furniture between floors. I move file heavy 4 draw file cabinets, big cabinets and it is really nice with the extra support back wheels that hold the weight, so you don't have to balance it all the time. Probably great with two people going up or down a flight of stairs, but moving a machine by yourself going up or down is no joke depending on your size and strength. Getting older is not helping me either.

With one person going up and down a set of stairs (my house 13 steps), I use to move my machines with my friend (who is better shape than me) and it was not fun. A good pair or rubber tacky gloves feels better on your fingers when lifting the machine with or without a hand truck. You don't hear your fingers screaming as much. I finally bought a Escalara had truck from Larry at Flipnoutpinball.com. Went with the middle height model. Yes it is a expensive purchase, but let me tell you, well worth the money when you factor in your back. I don't have to rely on my friend as often. I moved two pinball machines and two arcade machines without him, and I still broke out in a sweat. It would have been nice to have someone there to guide you. Still not easy moving it by yourself. Going down with the machine makes me more nervous than going up. Feels like you are going to get pulled down, but you just have to get use to your footing and keeping the weight balance and not fighting with it. More nerve racking not having the extra help, but can't always find help when you need help. Always good to buy and have a few extra ratchet straps on hand. Depending on the surface (indoors or out doors) makes a difference on the wheels you balance and pivot on. Hard rubber wheels compared to inflatable wheels makes a difference going over thresholds and door saddles, curbs, gravel. All things to factor in. Hope this info helps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigchief99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-hand-truck-under-100?tu=bigchief99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.