(Topic ID: 250952)

Best Hamburger Chain --- Take the Poll.........

By pindome

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 405 posts
  • 165 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Envy-Me
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Hamburger Chain --- Take the Poll.........”

• In and Out 178 votes
      29%
    • Smash Burger 26 votes
      4%
    • White Castle 27 votes
      4%
    • Carls Jr. 11 votes
      2%
    • Five Guys 217 votes
      35%
    • Wendy's 43 votes
      7%
    • Fat Burger 15 votes
      2%
    • Steak and Shake 27 votes
      4%
    • Shake Shack 46 votes
      7%
    • McDonalds 25 votes
      4%
    • Hamburger Habit 7 votes
      1%

(622 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wendy (resized).jpeg
    2EDF5BF1-707F-4378-A563-9542D01149C6 (resized).jpeg
    029F8924-F119-48F8-B4A4-0D9D89B612ED (resized).jpeg
    06F892C6-3741-4EE5-B0C9-3543EA8D7A39 (resized).jpeg
    B1793FE2-A734-4CF8-93E7-36BE7D06F717 (resized).jpeg
    shake shack (resized).png
    3D656E92-8282-4693-B7B3-45AB8B445C6B (resized).jpeg
    D28FCA61-6CB6-45B9-9C69-C98B69459676 (resized).png
    04188-36 DIG Silo - PretzelBaconKing_500x540_CR.png
    Screenshot_20190920-220032_Maps (resized).jpg
    041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2 (resized).jpg
    carls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    goooooood-burger (resized).jpg
    20190911_153857 (resized).jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg

There are 405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I won’t give them that. I like crisp fries. 5 guys fries are mushy and have some funky flavor to them. I just want salt on my fries not some weird flavored salt like they it on theirs. The few times I’ve eaten 5 guys I always felt bleh afterwards and for the next few hours.

It's just too much burger. I feel like shi* after eating at 5 Guys and I haven't ate there in years. Yeah, I could get the kid's burger, but I'm just not going to do that. The tastiest burger I've had in a long time? BurgerFi. Most consistently good burger? In-N-Out.

No shit, BurgerFi is awesome. It looks like a greasy ass burger, but damn it's good.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

5 guys fries are mushy and have some funky flavor to them. I just want salt on my fries not some weird flavored salt like they it on theirs.

Just get the regular fries, not the Cajun.

Between the peanuts, the burger, and the shake, I don't even order fries anymore. As good as they are.

#353 4 years ago

I look forward to a Hardee's monster burger, on our journey to Myrtle Beach every year.

041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2 (resized).jpg041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2 (resized).jpg
    #354 4 years ago

Today is National Cheeseburger Day. Buy 1 $8 BurgerFi Cheeseburger, get another for $1. Lot's of places are doing deals today.

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Today is National Cheeseburger Day.

I drove to Culver's today to grab a cheeseburger and they had no power.

#356 4 years ago

Did the burgerfi deal. Ok nothing special, no seasoning

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Did the burgerfi deal. Ok nothing special, no seasoning

It was bland?

#358 4 years ago

Are we talking best burgers or best overall menu? I say Five Guys for best burgers, but Wendy's cause of them tasty spicy nuggs.

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

It was bland?

Yes, they opened a Culver’s down from them and business is booming there. Cheaper and better tasting.

#360 4 years ago

I picked White Castle because I only get the opportunity to have it once a year when I fly to Chicago for work. If we had a White Castle in my area, Five Guys would have been my vote.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I picked White Castle because I only get the opportunity to have it once a year when I fly to Chicago for work. If we had a White Castle in my area, Five Guys would have been my vote.

Do you ever go to the Allentown show? White Castle isn't too far away.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Do you ever go to the Allentown show? White Castle isn't too far away.

Wait, there is a White Castle near Allentown? Sign me up!

#363 4 years ago

A & W

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Yes, they opened a Culver’s down from them and business is booming there. Cheaper and better tasting.

That's just hard to imagine based on my experience, but I went to a Smashburger many years ago, and totally don't get what all the fuss is about with them. I think you are just going to have variation from one location to another. We have 4 McDonalds in my town. 1 of them is f'n dreadful. The other 2 are just OK. The 4th is pretty darn good for a McDonalds. We mostly hit them up for breakfast. That 4th one has a little old lady running things in the morning. I think she knows how to cook and that makes all the difference.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, there is a White Castle near Allentown? Sign me up!

Screenshot_20190920-220032_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190920-220032_Maps (resized).jpg
    #366 4 years ago

Just had a pretzel bacon king from burger king. Tasty but wow on the nutrition info.
    1230 cal
    83g fat
    2340 mg sodium.

04188-36 DIG Silo - PretzelBaconKing_500x540_CR.png04188-36 DIG Silo - PretzelBaconKing_500x540_CR.png
    #367 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just had a pretzel bacon king from burger king. Tasty but wow on the nutrition info.
    1230 cal
    83g fat
    2340 mg sodium.[quoted image]

I tried an Impossible Whopper this week. It tastes and looks just like a regular Whopper. I was surprised. Only 30 calories less than a regular Whopper too (630). I'm not a fan of BK though. Most of ours are pretty run down.

#368 4 years ago

Had double QP with Cheese at McDonald's today....Much better and Damn good

#369 4 years ago

Where is the none of the above option.

Kewpee is in Lima Ohio and is the original of the square meat , chili and frosties. Sounds familiar yeah Wendy’s was started in Dublin Ohio wonder where the idea came from. Here is a look.

https://kewpeehamburgers.com/

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Kewpee is in Lima Ohio and is the original of the square meat , chili and frosties. Sounds familiar yeah Wendy’s was started in Dublin Ohio wonder where the idea came from. Here is a look.

White Castle opened in 1921 with their burgers and they are square..

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

White Castle opened in 1921 with their burgers and they are square..

D28FCA61-6CB6-45B9-9C69-C98B69459676 (resized).pngD28FCA61-6CB6-45B9-9C69-C98B69459676 (resized).png
    #372 4 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

In and Out was founded by the principle of fresh food fast. Local. Friends socialized with the founder for years. And would tell me 20 years ago that he only wanted a localized chain so the supply chain was amazingly consistent. Well that was the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Their now in Texas and other locations 1000 miles from where he intended.

In&Out is just now building a new franchise outlet here in Salem OR (Actually Keizer OR)
    Farthest north post from SoCal yet.
    3.5 hrs north beyond the only other store in Oregon (Medford).
    I think their location rule
    is that any store outlet must be within one days (8-10hrs / ~600 miles) drive
    (from their central supply warehouses) In-N-Out’s patty-making facilities.
    As the chain has expanded, it has opened several distribution centers in addition to its original Baldwin Park location.
    The new facilities, located in Lathrop, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Draper, Utah; Dallas, Texas; Colorado Springs, Colorado will provide for potential future expansion into other parts of the country.
    i.e. no frozen patties allowed only fresh.

I like Foster's Freeze the best,
    but that is largely dependent on local franchise holder, cause QC varies greatly from location to location.
    When i lived and worked in Port Hueneme /Oxnard CA the Foster Freeze there had great burgers and seasoned fries.
    Also my hometown Gilroy CA, had a Foster Freeze, years before the McDonalds came to town.

Added over 4 years ago:

Correction : Guess there is another In&Out in Grants Pass OR, so now there will soon be three.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Been there. Pretty good. Used to make runs to Lima as it was home to the closest Waffle House twenty years ago. Then one opened in Bowling Green and eventually several were opened in Toledo so I can be at one in a half-hour.

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Used to make runs to Lima as it was home to the closest Waffle House twenty years ago.

I believe that Waffle House was the one right off I-75.

#375 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

I believe that Waffle House was the one right off I-75.

Yes, on the West side of I-75.

1 year later
    #376 2 years ago

Too bad I didn't see this post when it was posted. There used to be several A&W locations in my area a few years ago, but now they're gone. The closest one to me is 66 miles away now. I don't even remember what their hamburgers taste like any more.

#377 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Too bad I didn't see this post when it was posted. There used to be several A&W locations in my area a few years ago, but now they're gone. The closest one to me is 66 miles away now. I don't even remember what their hamburgers taste like any more.

Maybe he's talking A&W Canada, there are almost 1000 stores here.

#378 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Maybe he's talking A&W Canada, there are almost 1000 stores here.

We still have them here, but most of them in California are gone.

#379 2 years ago

Culver’s is my favorite by far, always fresh everything. My friend works for a big soap company that services Culver’s, and says it’s by far the cleanest restaurants he deals with.

#380 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Culver’s is my favorite by far, always fresh everything. My friend works for a big soap company that services Culver’s, and says it’s by far the cleanest restaurants he deals with.

I like Culver's, but I prefer Steak n Shake. I think their burgers taste better.

#381 2 years ago

In and out... its about the only thing I miss about living in California.

Five guys is good too but totally different thing and their fries rule (unlike In and Out where the fries are just ok)

#382 2 years ago

In-N-Out for the poll but locally it's Dick's and not terribly close.

#383 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I tried an Impossible Whopper this week. It tastes and looks just like a regular Whopper. I was surprised. Only 30 calories less than a regular Whopper too (630). I'm not a fan of BK though. Most of ours are pretty run down.

The impossible Whopper is okay, but it defiantly does not taste like the Whopper. It may have fewer calories, but it's only 5% less than a Whopper (Whopper has 660 calories, Impossible Whopper 630) and Impossible Whopper has a lot of added fats and sodium. Barely a more nutritious alternative. Plus it cost more.

#384 2 years ago

Habit Burger out in the Southwest is really good. Better than In n Out. But costlier and they close early.

#385 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The impossible Whopper is okay, but it defiantly does not taste like the Whopper. It may have fewer calories, but it's only 5% less than a Whopper (Whopper has 660 calories, Impossible Whopper 630) and Impossible Whopper has a lot of added fats and sodium. Barely a more nutritious alternative. Plus it cost more.

Agreed. The Impossible Whopper tastes nothing like a real Whopper...

#386 2 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I like Culver's, but I prefer Steak n Shake. I think their burgers taste better.

Another real good chain in Northern Illinois is Meatheads, pricey but good. There’s like 7 locations now.

#387 2 years ago

Where the fuck is Whataburger?!

#388 2 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

You've obviously never been to the Jackson House.

Yep! Best burger and sub shop in the area, and it's not even close.

#389 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Yep! Best burger and sub shop in the area, and it's not even close.

That does not sound like a "Chain" haha

#390 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

That does not sound like a "Chain" haha

It's not, but it should be.

#391 2 years ago

in and out was prob the biggest letdown ever, all the hype for nothing!

#392 2 years ago

Mooyah burger

#393 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Another real good chain in Northern Illinois is Meatheads, pricey but good. There’s like 7 locations now.

Meatheads is definitely in the same vein as Culvers and Steak n Shake. We happen to live within five minutes of all three of them. I love the cajun fries at Meatheads!

#394 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah every time I get Culvers I think “I need to come here more often”. I like going places where the employees seem to like working there, for some reason I feel like the food tastes better when the employees care. I get that at most Culvers. Meatheads was great for a good while but I’ve had a so-so experience lately. I generally like Steak n’ Shake and the owner here is a nice guy, but I think all the good employees work at Culvers. I will go to the grave defending McDonald’s double cheeseburgers. But of the 9 I’ve had from the poll, Shake Shack gets my vote.

3D656E92-8282-4693-B7B3-45AB8B445C6B (resized).jpeg3D656E92-8282-4693-B7B3-45AB8B445C6B (resized).jpeg
    #395 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

1230 cal
    83g fat
    2340 mg sodium.[quoted image]

Holy crap

#396 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Of the 9 I’ve had from the poll, Shake Shack gets my vote.

Yeah, Pretty hard to vote against Olivia Newton-John in that outfit.
    shake shack (resized).pngshake shack (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #397 2 years ago

Four Winds…nothing better to eat after Ranger School or RIP/RASP.
    RLTW!

https://www.wtvm.com/2019/12/27/four-winds-restaurant-home-ranger-burger-reopening-cusseta/
    2EDF5BF1-707F-4378-A563-9542D01149C6 (resized).jpeg2EDF5BF1-707F-4378-A563-9542D01149C6 (resized).jpeg06F892C6-3741-4EE5-B0C9-3543EA8D7A39 (resized).jpeg06F892C6-3741-4EE5-B0C9-3543EA8D7A39 (resized).jpegB1793FE2-A734-4CF8-93E7-36BE7D06F717 (resized).jpegB1793FE2-A734-4CF8-93E7-36BE7D06F717 (resized).jpeg029F8924-F119-48F8-B4A4-0D9D89B612ED (resized).jpeg029F8924-F119-48F8-B4A4-0D9D89B612ED (resized).jpeg

#398 2 years ago

I am grateful that there are no Whataburgers close by to poison anyone.

I occasionally visit 5 Guys but I always feel that I am paying for all 5 to make my meal.

Smashburgers are undervalued.

#399 2 years ago

In Saudi Arabia I had a burger at McDonalds and it tasted like Camel. I kept looking for a Wendys but never saw one. Obviously the logo had something to do with it's absence from the Kingdom.

Wendy (resized).jpegWendy (resized).jpeg
    #400 2 years ago

I don’t usually have a craving for burgers, but recently I found a great tasting half-pound steakburger at LongHorn’s. It was so juicy and tasty that I will be seeking another one again soon.

There are 405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-hamburger-chain-take-the-poll/page/8?hl=andy_glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.