(Topic ID: 250952)

Best Hamburger Chain --- Take the Poll.........

By pindome

43 days ago

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best Hamburger Chain --- Take the Poll.........”

• In and Out 149 votes
    28%
  • Smash Burger 22 votes
    4%
  • White Castle 23 votes
    4%
  • Carls Jr. 10 votes
    2%
  • Five Guys 189 votes
    36%
  • Wendy's 35 votes
    7%
  • Fat Burger 13 votes
    2%
  • Steak and Shake 23 votes
    4%
  • Shake Shack 36 votes
    7%
  • McDonalds 24 votes
    5%
  • Hamburger Habit 7 votes
    1%

(531 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 85 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D28FCA61-6CB6-45B9-9C69-C98B69459676 (resized).png
04188-36 DIG Silo - PretzelBaconKing_500x540_CR.png
Screenshot_20190920-220032_Maps (resized).jpg
041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2 (resized).jpg
carls (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
goooooood-burger (resized).jpg
20190911_153857 (resized).jpg
download (4) (resized).jpg
5737258249_84b911f89d_b (resized).jpg
51445340-A413-4449-B4EA-F0AD75D0C5FE (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
f26ca81f80d379b0514fd4c820cac7d3 (resized).jpg
47206078594c49097d86580a4d846b51 (resized).jpg
ribwich (resized).png
Screenshot_20190909-194348 (resized).png

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 35 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I won’t give them that. I like crisp fries. 5 guys fries are mushy and have some funky flavor to them. I just want salt on my fries not some weird flavored salt like they it on theirs. The few times I’ve eaten 5 guys I always felt bleh afterwards and for the next few hours.

It's just too much burger. I feel like shi* after eating at 5 Guys and I haven't ate there in years. Yeah, I could get the kid's burger, but I'm just not going to do that. The tastiest burger I've had in a long time? BurgerFi. Most consistently good burger? In-N-Out.

No shit, BurgerFi is awesome. It looks like a greasy ass burger, but damn it's good.

#352 35 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

5 guys fries are mushy and have some funky flavor to them. I just want salt on my fries not some weird flavored salt like they it on theirs.

Just get the regular fries, not the Cajun.

Between the peanuts, the burger, and the shake, I don't even order fries anymore. As good as they are.

#353 34 days ago

I look forward to a Hardee's monster burger, on our journey to Myrtle Beach every year.

041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2 (resized).jpg
#354 31 days ago

Today is National Cheeseburger Day. Buy 1 $8 BurgerFi Cheeseburger, get another for $1. Lot's of places are doing deals today.

#355 31 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Today is National Cheeseburger Day.

I drove to Culver's today to grab a cheeseburger and they had no power.

#356 31 days ago

Did the burgerfi deal. Ok nothing special, no seasoning

#357 30 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did the burgerfi deal. Ok nothing special, no seasoning

It was bland?

#358 30 days ago

Are we talking best burgers or best overall menu? I say Five Guys for best burgers, but Wendy's cause of them tasty spicy nuggs.

#359 29 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It was bland?

Yes, they opened a Culver’s down from them and business is booming there. Cheaper and better tasting.

#360 29 days ago

I picked White Castle because I only get the opportunity to have it once a year when I fly to Chicago for work. If we had a White Castle in my area, Five Guys would have been my vote.

#361 29 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I picked White Castle because I only get the opportunity to have it once a year when I fly to Chicago for work. If we had a White Castle in my area, Five Guys would have been my vote.

Do you ever go to the Allentown show? White Castle isn't too far away.

#362 29 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Do you ever go to the Allentown show? White Castle isn't too far away.

Wait, there is a White Castle near Allentown? Sign me up!

#363 29 days ago

A & W

#364 29 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, they opened a Culver’s down from them and business is booming there. Cheaper and better tasting.

That's just hard to imagine based on my experience, but I went to a Smashburger many years ago, and totally don't get what all the fuss is about with them. I think you are just going to have variation from one location to another. We have 4 McDonalds in my town. 1 of them is f'n dreadful. The other 2 are just OK. The 4th is pretty darn good for a McDonalds. We mostly hit them up for breakfast. That 4th one has a little old lady running things in the morning. I think she knows how to cook and that makes all the difference.

#365 29 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, there is a White Castle near Allentown? Sign me up!

Screenshot_20190920-220032_Maps (resized).jpg
#366 24 days ago

Just had a pretzel bacon king from burger king. Tasty but wow on the nutrition info.
1230 cal
83g fat
2340 mg sodium.

04188-36 DIG Silo - PretzelBaconKing_500x540_CR.png
#367 24 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just had a pretzel bacon king from burger king. Tasty but wow on the nutrition info.
1230 cal
83g fat
2340 mg sodium.[quoted image]

I tried an Impossible Whopper this week. It tastes and looks just like a regular Whopper. I was surprised. Only 30 calories less than a regular Whopper too (630). I'm not a fan of BK though. Most of ours are pretty run down.

#368 24 days ago

Had double QP with Cheese at McDonald's today....Much better and Damn good

#369 19 days ago

Where is the none of the above option.

Kewpee is in Lima Ohio and is the original of the square meat , chili and frosties. Sounds familiar yeah Wendy’s was started in Dublin Ohio wonder where the idea came from. Here is a look.

https://kewpeehamburgers.com/

#370 19 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Kewpee is in Lima Ohio and is the original of the square meat , chili and frosties. Sounds familiar yeah Wendy’s was started in Dublin Ohio wonder where the idea came from. Here is a look.

White Castle opened in 1921 with their burgers and they are square..

#371 19 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

White Castle opened in 1921 with their burgers and they are square..

D28FCA61-6CB6-45B9-9C69-C98B69459676 (resized).png
#372 19 days ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

In and Out was founded by the principle of fresh food fast. Local. Friends socialized with the founder for years. And would tell me 20 years ago that he only wanted a localized chain so the supply chain was amazingly consistent. Well that was the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Their now in Texas and other locations 1000 miles from where he intended.

In&Out is just now building a new franchise outlet here in Salem OR (Actually Keizer OR)
Farthest north post from SoCal yet.
3.5 hrs north beyond the only other store in Oregon (Medford).
I think their location rule
is that any store outlet must be within one days (8-10hrs / ~600 miles) drive
(from their central supply warehouses) In-N-Out’s patty-making facilities.
As the chain has expanded, it has opened several distribution centers in addition to its original Baldwin Park location.
The new facilities, located in Lathrop, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Draper, Utah; Dallas, Texas; Colorado Springs, Colorado will provide for potential future expansion into other parts of the country.
i.e. no frozen patties allowed only fresh.

I like Foster's Freeze the best,
but that is largely dependent on local franchise holder, cause QC varies greatly from location to location.
When i lived and worked in Port Hueneme /Oxnard CA the Foster Freeze there had great burgers and seasoned fries.
Also my hometown Gilroy CA, had a Foster Freeze, years before the McDonalds came to town.

Added 18 days ago:

Correction : Guess there is another In&Out in Grants Pass OR, so now there will soon be three.

#373 19 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Been there. Pretty good. Used to make runs to Lima as it was home to the closest Waffle House twenty years ago. Then one opened in Bowling Green and eventually several were opened in Toledo so I can be at one in a half-hour.

#374 19 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Used to make runs to Lima as it was home to the closest Waffle House twenty years ago.

I believe that Waffle House was the one right off I-75.

#375 19 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I believe that Waffle House was the one right off I-75.

Yes, on the West side of I-75.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside