4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Gotemwill
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

Looking for the best grease to use on the score motor dics edge on Gottlieb's that will stay in place when the switch dogs run over them>>What are you all using??

#3 4 months ago

https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe-21030

I bought a tube at Harbor Freight years ago...highly recommended. Forgot to mention...it’s synthetic so it doesn’t gum up or break down over time.

#4 4 months ago

Ditto on the grease....

@gotemwill - I think I met you at a party somewhere... trying to remember, long time ago...

#5 4 months ago

PBR grease here too.

#6 3 months ago

I've got a couple of tubes of that MBI Grease (Coin Machine Grease) that originally came with a new machine. The PBR Grease is a reproduction of the MBI Grease. To be honest I prefer Superlube to the MBI. Both are probably fine. I have seen MBI grease gum up, but it took decades. Jury's still out on Superlube

Whichever you get, if used in the right proportions, one tube/jar should last forever.

#7 3 months ago
    Quoted from edednedy:

I've got a couple of tubes of that MBI Grease (Coin Machine Grease) that originally came with a new machine. The PBR Grease is a reproduction of the MBI Grease. To be honest I prefer Superlube to the MBI. Both are probably fine. I have seen MBI grease gum up, but it took decades. Jury's still out on Superlube
    Whichever you get, if used in the right proportions, one tube/jar should last forever.

Any conventional grease such as PBR/MBI grease will eventually evaporate and gum up. I have seen this on EM pins and EM arcade machines, but this is after many many years. I agree that long term reports on Super Lube are to be determined, however, the tech sheet indicates it will last 3 to 4 times as long as conventional grease. This makes sense to me as it is synthetic and contains PTFE. Similar to why synthetic automotive oil lasts longer and requires less frequent oil changes than conventional oil.

#8 3 months ago
    Quoted from flipit:

Best Grease?

The first movie version, with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, of course.

#9 3 months ago

I have used both PBgrease and Superlube.

I have found that long term, whatever they used at the factory, got hard and solidified.

#10 3 months ago

Thanks for all your replies

#11 3 months ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

Ditto on the grease....
    @gotemwill - I think I met you at a party somewhere... trying to remember, long time ago...

I think you’re right! You were taking to that blond chick all night! Never did shoot a round of 8 ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 29.95
    $ 19.95
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside