Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21 (resized).jpg
    e8d561c0c588b51875500a14463db7eb (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

He mentioned 5-12yrs,old!

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

He mentioned 5-12yrs,old!

no he didn't, someone else did.

i wouldn't worry about the theme too much. get a game that plays well and has easy to understand goals that cause something mechanically cool to happen -- a multiball, or a special light show, or unique mechanical toy. Whirlwind would be a great choice.

#53 7 years ago

Pinbot
    Last Action Hero
    Popeye Saves the Earth
    Super Mario Bros. (players condition)

#54 7 years ago

If they are into sports, NBA Fastbreak, Space Jam or Nascar are a lot of fun. Roller Coaster Tycoon or Monopoly are fun but you might need to spend a bit more than 2k. If they like Sci-Fi they would enjoy Starship Troopers or Space Shuttle. Earthshaker and Whirlwind are machines kids seem to like also.

#55 7 years ago

Cyclone...

Hey you with the face!

#56 7 years ago

I'm not sure there are any grand kids themes. Grandpa themes yes, but not sure any for the young'uns.

#57 7 years ago

Like 80% of the games mentioned in this thread are over 2k.....unless beat or in need of repair.

LAH & Rocky and Bullwinkle are good choices under 2k.

#58 7 years ago

I think I'd go with Heat Wave. It can be had for under $2K, and it does look like it could be a couple of somebody's grand kids on the backglass.

image-21 (resized).jpgimage-21 (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

Last Action Hero
    Space Jam
    To cheaper titles that kids would enjoy.

#60 7 years ago

There has been a bit of talk about roller coaster tycoon. Those of you that know me best will know that I think it is the worst game ever. But if there was ever an application for it, it's to little kids that don't know a good pin from their elbow. Don't pay over 1500.

#61 7 years ago

Comet, Firepower, and High Speed come to mind.

The kids don't seem to like the complex games as much. They seem to gravitate to the older titles with shallow rules.

#62 7 years ago

roller coaster tycoon
    jurassic park
    popeye

be hard but if u find the right deal u could score one of these for 2grand
    I will ripleys believe it or not too.

#63 7 years ago

For sale: Whirlwind (Williams, 1990)
    $ 2,250
    Canton, OH

$ 2,400 (OBO)
    Santa Maria, CA

Wirlwind?..and some of the others mentioned: I don't know who is finding many these titles for under $2K these days.

Remember, if kids are playing it's gotta work well, too. They are probably going to get bored quickly of an EM. I think more lights/action/sound effects are going to hold attention better in the long run. I'm thinking something along the lines of System 11s like Pinbot and Taxi. Multiball games certainly get my inner child excited

#64 7 years ago

My 5 year old loves Super Mario Bros., Pinbot, and Highspeed. I suspect kids would love TMNT with the ramps and spinner, though April O'Neal is little revealing on the backglass.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

$ 2,250
    Canton, OH
    $ 2,400 (OBO)
    Santa Maria, CA
    Wirlwind?..and some of the others mentioned: I don't know who is finding many these titles for under $2K these days.
    Remember, if kids are playing it's gotta work well, too. They are probably going to get bored quickly of an EM. I think more lights/action/sound effects are going to hold attention better in the long run. I'm thinking something along the lines of System 11s like Pinbot and Taxi. Multiball games certainly get my inner child excited

Those are asking prices...I bet you could negotiate both to be close to 2k or slightly under.

#67 7 years ago

Sopranos

#68 7 years ago

Hurricane, Comet, Surf 'n Safari, Tee'd Off

I honestly think that any Gottlieb System 3 game would do well--their random rewards and frequent multi-balls make it feel like the player is accomplishing far more than they actually are. Games that make you work hard for Multi-ball may be too challenging or intimidating to kids.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-grandkids-theme-2000-or-less/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.