Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21 (resized).jpg
    e8d561c0c588b51875500a14463db7eb (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 7 years ago

How old?

#3 7 years ago

cactus jacks

#4 7 years ago

Taxi

#5 7 years ago

Big Hurt

#6 7 years ago

Bugs Bunny Birthday Party
    Data East The Simpsons
    Rocky & Bullwinkle

All three are great themes for Kids.

Marcus

#7 7 years ago

Super Mario Bros ?
    WCS 94 ?
    The Flintstones ?

(unsure about prices in the US though...)

#8 7 years ago

Super Mario
    Mousin Around
    Bad Cats

#9 7 years ago

unfortunately.............ipad.

#10 7 years ago

Road Kings is pretty fun and easy to find.

#11 7 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle

#12 7 years ago

simpsons data east

#13 7 years ago

If they're young (5-12) I would get a simple ruleset pin like the late 80's early 90's that will allow them to learn the rules quickly. If older (13 or more) I'd go with deeper rulesets and the gadgets of the newer pins.

#14 7 years ago

None of the themes mentioned are about grandkids.

#15 7 years ago

Popeye

#16 7 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon

#17 7 years ago

I second vote Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Great fun,dunk the dummy!
    Mike

#18 7 years ago

Cyclone

#19 7 years ago

Another vote for Taxi

#21 7 years ago

Pretty much anything. The only bad themes for little kids would be Walking Dead, Rob Zombie, and other games well over $2K.

#23 7 years ago

party zone
    turtles

#24 7 years ago

A little bit more, easy play, something they can grow into, good value retention, easy to work on,

South Park.

#25 7 years ago

Playboy

#26 7 years ago

Hurricane

#27 7 years ago

Space Station, cool space theme. Great light show. Road Show, a little over budget, but cool trucks and lots of easy ramps.
    However, they might rather have a bean bag chair and a play station ( if they still make those?)
    JP

#28 7 years ago

Taxi all the way! That's my 3 year old son's favorite game.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A little bit more, easy play, something they can grow into, good value retention, easy to work on,
    South Park.

Even with adult mode off I feel like this isn't the best suggestion LOL

#30 7 years ago

Jurassic park comes to mind first.....

#31 7 years ago

I think the topic is great and hope it might be OK for me to jump in here with a little subquestion; among the DMD- and modern
    Solid State-type games are there any particular games that you guys can think of that would be extra"girlfriendly" in terms of colour and art (and sound of course) ?

So far I would say Bad Cats and Bugs Bunny, - but can you think of any others ?

Regarding the original thread and the ultimate grandkids title; I'd say Hurricane comes pretty close to perfect. Fun playfield with a lots of kid-friendly gimmicks and good sound effects.

#32 7 years ago

Sopranos would be good in helping to expand their vocabulary.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

South Park.

Do you have kids? I wouldn't want my kids watching South Park until they were 16-17 at the least. Guess I'm a prude/hypocrite, but it isn't the type of thing I would intentionally expose grade school kids to.
    I'd go for a nice EM. I've seen my own kids and my friend's grand kids play his Sing Along and have a great time. Keep it simple, the flippers and sounds are enough for most younger kids that aren't completely burnt out on video games. If you're dead set on solid state, I'd look for restored Cyclone or Hurricane since they offer some nice toys for the money.

#34 7 years ago

Guys, he is asking about pins under 2 grand. The majority or the answers while are good for grandkids except southpark (really ??) most are over the 2 grand mark.

#35 7 years ago

Im thinking bang for buck for kids would be bugs bunny.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

Do you have kids? I wouldn't want my kids watching South Park until they were 16-17 at the least. Guess I'm a prude/hypocrite, but it isn't the type of thing I would intentionally expose grade school kids to.
    I'd go for a nice EM. I've seen my own kids and my friend's grand kids play his Sing Along and have a great time. Keep it simple, the flippers and sounds are enough for most younger kids that aren't completely burnt out on video games. If you're dead set on solid state, I'd look for restored Cyclone or Hurricane since they offer some nice toys for the money.

The Op made no mention of the age of the kids.

I was visiting with some friends who brought their grandkids, 13 and 15. They were only interested in Playing South Park.

And yes, I have 2 grown children, and no, I would not recommend for grade skill.....merely assumptions made.

#37 7 years ago

When kids come to my house they only want to play big buck hunter arcade, not pinball.

#38 7 years ago

TMNT
    Punchy the clown - alvin G
    Mario mushroom world - gottlieb

#39 7 years ago

Thanks all. These suggestions were very helpful.

#40 7 years ago

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. It has a 'video mode' that kids might find a fun break from the pinball action. They can be had for well under $1000. For that price you could also get an EM. Lots of EMs are kid friendly. A tic-tac-toe, bowling, football, baseball are just a few themes that might fit. A Gottlieb with lots of drop targets might also be a good choice.

#41 7 years ago

#1 Super mario brothers. Cyclone. Roller coaster tycoon. Rocky & Bullwinkle.

#42 7 years ago

Baywatch!!! Absolutely Baywatch!!! Shark and dolphin sounds make young ones giggly. Fun to watch them play

#43 7 years ago

Baywatch is a great game for $1500 or less.

Pickup the alternate Hasselhoff translite.

e8d561c0c588b51875500a14463db7eb (resized).jpge8d561c0c588b51875500a14463db7eb (resized).jpg

#44 7 years ago

My kids enjoy Baywatch (they are younger). I filled the playfield with a number of sea creatures, and it has made it a little more fun for them. I feel that the rule set is pretty good and easy to explain. Also, if you can't stand looking at the Hoff, I took a ring bouy and hung it it front of the back glass.

#45 7 years ago

Taxi, Space Jam, World Challenge (not Cup) Soccer. I've owned each of these for under $2,000 and they have been popular with kids.

#46 7 years ago

Where the hell are you going to get a working Flintstones for under 2g these days?

#47 7 years ago

Last Action Hero

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Last Action Hero

Good bang for buck. You should look at this.

#49 7 years ago

For younger kids,I would go with a early EM with a nice theme! Teach them the ropes on a simple game,test the energy level they have! For the 5 yr old,I;d get a Zizzler,and see how they do!Why go deep?They may not have the level of play you;d hoped for!!IMHO!!Also get the DVD,Pinball 101 for a start!Basics first!Theme second!!

#50 7 years ago

OP hasn't mentioned age. That would really factor into suggestions.

That said, a couple of years ago I would have said Jurassic Park, but it's now over $2K. I had one and the kids loved it. My guys still mention it every now and again. I sold it years ago as they weren't playing it much and I grew tired of it.

I was very surprised at how popular Interflip Dragon was. It's a simple game and available well under your budget. The kids, it turned out, loved hitting the dragon targets. I didn't realize how much they liked it and sold it awhile ago. I might have to be another.

Depending on the age of the kids, I would think an EM with an mechanical device would grab their attention and you could buy a few for your budget. I'm thinking games like 300 where a physical object is moved during the game (and in this case during bonus count down as well).

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-grandkids-theme-2000-or-less/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.