• Hulk 3 votes
    5%
  • Spiderman 0 votes
  • Other 0 votes

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3BA207A1-599B-465E-B0AE-6F79FD0FA303 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I was wondering if it is considered sacrilegious to replace the plastic spinners in games like Genie or Sinbad with a metallic one like on Robo War?

I could be wrong but I don't think the original System 1 MPU is fast enough to even catch faster spins than the plastic spinner can deliver.

I wonder if the after market MPU boards process switch closures faster or not?

What parts compatibility are you wanting to know? Much of the mechanical hardware was totally redesigned by Gottlieb engineers PRIOR to the SS games being made (Flipper assy, pop bumper mounts, lock down bar etc.). And all the same mechanical parts were used to build either type of game other than the electronics vs relay logic.

Overall, it wasn't until Premier entered the picture that some assemblies were again redesigned to make things easier to manufacturer thereby lowering the price of the assemblies (ie Drop Target Assys).

#44 6 years ago

Remember, there are other threads about dyeing white nylon. So, you could buy new flipper caps and then change the color to your liking.

For playfield posts, I am pretty sure you can get the "faceted" posts in other translucent colors if that is your desire. Data East used many different colors.

Later, Premier did create an alternate pop bumper cap that would still fit on the patented Gottlieb bumper body. And there were even some alternate body colors used. Of course, you can technically swap out all of the plastic parts for other manufacturers. The only piece that is uniquely different is the length of the Rod and Ring rods due to how Gottlieb started using a pop bumper metal mounting plate below the playfield instead of screwing the parts down with wood screws. Another way that Gottlieb games were often "over engineered". The bumper base, and skirts (other than Gottliebs skirts having that little point at the top to prevent a ball from settling on the top of the skirt) all have the same exact hole mounting pattern to them so parts are interchangeable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-gottlieb-sys-1-joker-poker-or-countdown?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.