• Totem 1 vote
    2%
  • Hulk 3 votes
    6%
  • Spiderman 0 votes
  • Other 0 votes

(48 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3BA207A1-599B-465E-B0AE-6F79FD0FA303 (resized).jpeg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Gottlieb System 1 spinners are not meant to twirl like the metal spinners, they are only supposed to turn once or twice for advancing bonus or other features not for racking up spinner points like the bally or Williams spinners. If you change them out you're changing the play dynamic for which it was designed. I like them the way they are and I like the metal ones for what they are designed for. Totally different animals... And for that matter I'm not sure the software would keep up with them if the spun like the metal ones

Thanks for the informative post homebrood. It makes complete sense. I really was just wondering if anyone has tried it, I wouldn't want to change the scoring dynamics.

2 months later
#52 1 year ago

little late to the thread, but I can't even vote, I own both joker poker and count-down and couldn't pick between them both very very fun, neither ever leaving my collection, pinball pool never leaving either but I would put jp and cd slightly ahead in the fun department. Hulk and Buck rogers are both on my list of need to grab when available as both are great fun as well. I'm not really a widebody fan although I love spiderman play i don't really care for Genie.

gottlieb spinners will definitely twirl more than once or twice, but yes not the rippers of the b/w ones. same spinner is on my golden arrow and even with the weaker flippers and the spinners way at the top of the playfield a good hit will cycle the arrow at least once through the 10 numbers, I would image the system 1 with them being closer would spin more. I have also seen threads on here where people have drilled out and weighted the spinners for more action.

#53 1 year ago

Pinball Pool gets my vote with Hulk as most under rated system 1 on game play but i really like most all the system ones

3BA207A1-599B-465E-B0AE-6F79FD0FA303 (resized).jpeg

5 months later
#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I owned a Countdown for 5 years and sold to a friend who had it for 10 years. He sold it back to me 2 years ago and it staying in my collection this time.
I like the wide open flow of the game better than JP and is so much fun to play because of that. The ball never stops moving or ever gets slowed down or hung up on anything on the playfield. My Countdown reminds of my Gottlieb High Hand and Drop a Card a little but with tons of more speed with the DC voltage power.
Don't get me wrong...I would love to have a JP, but my choice these days is Countdown.

I just finished restoring a beautiful Joker Poker (SS) and have added it to my collection. You know how it goes when you add a new game to line up it gets played a lot and you think it's the great game until another new game comes along and then that one gets played the most.

I have to admit its a fantastic player and keeps you coming back for more. As for Countdown vs Joker Poker it still very close which might be a better player. All i can say is there's a fine line between them. I dont have the JP that long and need more playing time on to give a better answer which might give me more satisfaction.

Its more than likely you have to own both of these games and never compare them....just play and enjoy.

#55 1 year ago

Count-Down has always been one of my favorites. Sought it out in game rooms when I was in college and eventually owned two later in life. Something about those banks of primary color targets - I also like Volley and 2001.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Its more than likely you have to own both of these games and never compare them....just play and enjoy.

Vic, you have both so I think at the next get together we will have to do a survey.

I only have Joker Poker and love the different objectives and 5X Bonus with each ball when it's set for a 5 ball game

#57 1 year ago

In the months since I started this thread I have now owned both for awhile, sitting side by side. The only knock on Countdown is that you have to approach it the same way every time, but getting that bonus countdown is a feeling you don't get on Joker Poker. With that being said, JP's layout is just more dynamic and I believe creates the "one more game" feeling a little better than Countdown. I'm going JP with an A+ and Countdown with an A. Both unbelievable games that any EM/SS fan should own at some point.

#58 1 year ago

I am looking forward to moving my JP into the family room gameroom level next to my Countdown and 1978 Playboy. I will be nice to switch from one to another.

#59 1 year ago

I also recently finished a Joker Poker restoration and have rejected multiple offers, including one for $4,500. It's here for the long run!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
€ 8.40
$ 279.95
$ 49.00
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside