(Topic ID: 221440)

Best games to own for competitive players?

By MrFancy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

39be9af09a2f87169e97ce6462063ad99cb6298af1d9897a28621cdfa5b215bf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I think the game that helps me the most is Wheel of Fortune. I personally find that it's the most challenging DMD era game as it forces you to slow up your play-style and play in control and also has very short ball times. It also helps you with your nudging and flipper techniques due to the unconventional bottom layout. -really good at teaching you when to flip and not flip and really on bounces. It's a bit of a mix between a modern game and an EM. The game also punishes you if you aren't accurate as you need to hit the correct contestant stand-up to lock in the reward.-if you hit the wrong one you can miss out on valuable awards (EB, Trip MB) and you get no second chance as you need to spin the wheel again. I also recommend changing your mb start to "Easy" instead of the default "extra easy" and it makes you have to aim for all of the green stand-up targets spread out over the playfield, .

Imagine if this layout was themed, breaking bad, I bet it would be universally loved. Theme and it's unique nature killed it. I believe you can only do one at a time.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Interesting as I'd suggest getting a Williams EM from the 60s.

Odin, I'd suggest throwing yourself off a bridge from the 30's.

#35 5 years ago

Op. Get a Stars, Flash, Pinbot/High Speed and a World Poker Tour. Cheapest way to achieve your goals.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No thanks. But I'd be willing to sell you one from the 1870s.

I love you! You always make me laugh. I don't do facebook or any of that stuff, Pinside is my social interaction, but after hearing all this banter, maybe I should.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-games-to-own-for-competitive-players?tu=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.