(Topic ID: 8880)

Best Games to Improve your Overall Skills?

By davewtf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by WJxxxx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

facepalm.gif
    no_fear1_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Honestly, if you want to improve your basic skills, look into older games. EMs, early SS. Less gimmics, more pure skill. I probably learned more about aiming and trajectories from my Blackout than any other game.
    If you are only interested in modern games though, Wheel of Fortune will teach you more about nudging, ball control, and when NOT to flip than any other.
    In either case, those basic skills will carry over to all of your games.

And ANOTHER 'Right On' for this comment. Gottlieb EM's are basically all I ever play! And pretty much ALL of these will sharpen your skills, because they are specifically designed to punish missed shots! I like to warm up with Big Brave, because it has a bank of targets all the way up at the top, which really help me focus my aim.

#110 11 years ago

As a player with 50 years experience, I am actually bored by the MODERN machines. Sure, they have all kindza neat shots and features and stuff, BUT.... Once I play a few games, and learn all the complex modes and scoring, I eat these things alive. Pretty easy for me to nail a ramp with a 2 inch wide opening! Smack the safe, crate, or whatever in the very center of the top of the playfield a few hundred times, and rack it up! Elvira tells me to enter the lab, and one flip, and I'm in! Nothing like that last stubborn drop target on an old EM, that just refuses to go down. Or that small target between 2 metal posts, that you have to nail for the extra ball. Hit the post on either side, and ... WHAM! Drain city!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-games-to-improve-your-overall-skills?tu=Kaytrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.